The Return of "Whose Line is it Anyway"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not surprised in the least that so many people are whining about Drew Carey not hosting.
Eh, Lana from Archer is a decent enough host. I just wish they'd bring on H. Jon Benjamin as one of the improv guys. He probably would have some good play with the host.

Jerry Seinfeld wasn't completely safe from the Seinfeld Curse. Remember, I know Bee Movie has it's fans but we can't forget that it basically failed critically and was one of DreamWorks' lowest-grossing CG films.
The brains behind Seinfeld wasn't Jerry. It was Larry David. He hasn't been working with Jerry since the show ended (short reunion in his own show not counted), and it's just no wonder why Jerry isn't as funny as he was in the sitcom. His stand up routine kept getting pushed further and further aside as the show went on. Bee Movie was made of his stand up routine (which Spike Wazzizname being his joke writer and co-writer for that film), and other than Patrick Warburton and the uncredited Michael Richards cameo, he didn't bother bringing in the other actors who made the show famous. Nor did he need to.

What NO one wants to mention is there IS a show that broke the Seinfeld Curse. That was Curb Your Enthusiams, the show by Larry David. It had the same humor as Seinfeld (if not, even better) and therefore held up as a spiritual successor. Okay.. 2 shows. That miserable New Adventures of Old Christine, which honestly was the least funny of all the other series. Even Listen Up. That was pretty terrible.

Teheheman

Reaction score
There are a few reasons I miss Drew, one of the big reasons is that he used to play one of the games at the end. She hasn't yet, but this could be more a nod to the British version than the US version. Also, the games I hadn't seen yet are the ones that fans remember the most(US and the UK versions alike). I mean, Hoedown and Irish Drinking Song are probably the 2 best games that were in both versions, and they haven't done it in the remake. Although, I DO like the sideways scene they do. But I was REALLY hoping they would do it as close to the original or at least the US version as possible.

Daniel

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've been enjoying the episodes so far. I don't care for the celebrity guests, I usually skip their games. And it's because of the guest that the fourth "guest" improver doesn't get as much to do as the rest of the cast.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I like the new episodes so far, but I could go without celebrity guests every single episodes. I don't mind the new host, at least she enjoys everything she sees and gets a lot of laughs like Drew did.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Alright, so here is the deal. Whose Line has been renewed for another season. Brad and Greg had said in interviews that if there was another season, they would return. I have even heard that Drew might make an appearance (not sure how likely that is).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
According to some sources, the current season is considered "Season Nine", so apparently, this isn't so much a remake or revival, apparently it's a delayed continuation of the U.S. version of the show... at the same time, it doesn't make too much sense, considering the second half of Season Eight was never aired in the U.S. (it was in the U.K. for some reason), and there's STILL enough unaired material from the Drew Carey era for at least another half season's worth of shows, so I wonder if we're ever going to get any of THAT... I mean, I'm DYING to know if the rumors about an unaired Hoedown that Kathy Greenwood actually participated in are true.

I guess since Chip Esten is supposedly on NASHVILLE (I don't know, I don't watch it), he won't be appearing anytime soon either, eh?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Jeff was on the other night, so Chip might at some point.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Chip still tours with Ryan Stiles, Jeff Davis, and Greg Proops as "Whose Live Anyway", so it is not to far fetched to have him on a future episode! I have met Brad and Colin before, and they still tour and do improv shows, so there is no doubt Brad would LOVE to come back to do another season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Crap, I missed Jeff.

Yeah, Colin and Brad came to my town six years ago, though unfortunately, they didn't do a meet-and-greet afterwards like they usually do at their shows, because they had to get on a plane and be in Miami for another show the following night; great show though, really hilarious, best night of my life.