The RHLC!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Well Kate, remember if it doesn't make sense... It's much more profitable to make dollars.

Erin, I'd recommend you reference where within this thread those obits are located by post number instead of page number, as that tends to change depending on what settings each of us may have according to the amount of posts we choose to have displayed per page, determining page numbering for any such thread. Just a friendly tip.

Skye

Reaction score
Thanks. Oh, when it comes to singing I do prefer Richard. When it comes to characters and certain personality traits though, Jerry just has a bit of an edge. Does that make sense?
:wink:
Yes indeedy, that makes sense. :big_grin: I was just thinking of some different ideas and wonderings of mine and throwing them around.

But it really cracks me up sometimes when I hear all the completely different voices that some of them can do. I wish I could do stuff like that!

And taking Ed's suggestion (and a very good point, too!) under consideration, the post number for the obit Erin mentioned is #3005.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Aww, you're welcome! I'm so glad you like it, honey!
Seriously! I totally have to agree with you and your brother. Jerry's voice and his range is incredible. I always love listening to him sing and seeing what he'll do next and how he'll do it. The things he can do with his voice are so awesome. He's always fun to listen to!
Yeah! I have to say that they all dhave aome crazy rangse with the voices. I was just lisening to this voice Kevin Clish was doing with this little high pitched boy, and then he startes singhing and I nearly feel out of my chair, LOL! Because he had switched to to incredible low singin voice just like that. It seems like that part of their job discription or something?

Ugh, finally! I apparently typed my password wrong too many times and was locked out for what seemed like forever! It said only 15 minutes, maybe it kept me out because I was trying again too soon. ::shrugs::

I was like, how will I live without my RHLC postings?!!!! :eek:

Anyway, yes I really enjoy Jerry's voice too. :sing:
Oh, I've done that before here. I did that the other day on myspace, and it took me tow days to figure out how to get back on there. But I love hearing Jerry singing voice and the voices he does, too. But I guess that why they wored so we together, with them and steve and everything singin, it was really something magic!:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I prefer Richard's singing voice of course, but I think he and Jerry are both equally gifted. :sing: :flirt:

I'm sure Richard mostly enjoyed playing crazy characters, but he was definitely capable of branching out. I was really surprised to hear him play the Spider Fly on Fraggle Rock, I didn't recognize him at first! (See "Heart in a Hank, Free and High" on Muppet Musique). The same with several Muppet Show skits. But Fragglemuppet, you're right, Jerry did have plenty of range too.

Since we're mentioning Steve, has anyone heard him sing on the Jim Henson Hour song "The Music Just Keeps on Rolling Along"? He definitely could have had a career in an '80s hair band! (that's a compliment :wink: ).

I remember seeing that JHH episode years ago. I'd just seen Steve introduce himself as Bean Bunny's voice. So it was quite shocking to hear him sing that song two minutes later! (Btw, the song's on Muppet Musique).

Skye

Reaction score
Nope, I've never heard Steve sing that song, but it doesn't surprise me one bit. With other songs I've heard him sing, I've felt that same way about him. He definitely could've had a career in that if he had wanted to.

Richard, Steve, and Jerry are my personal favorite singers of the Muppeteers (generally in that order too), and oddly enough, they're some of my absolute faves of the group, too. Imagine that! :wink:

Oh, by the way, I know exactly what you mean about "Free and High," heralde. I definitely don't think I would've guessed that was Richard if I hadn't known it ahead of time!

Yeah! I have to say that they all dhave aome crazy rangse with the voices. I was just lisening to this voice Kevin Clash was doing with this little high pitched boy, and then he startes singhing and I nearly feel out of my chair, LOL! Because he had switched to to incredible low singin voice just like that. It seems like that part of their job description or something?
Well honey, of course that's part of their job description... but I still think it's cute how we can still be amazed and in awe when they do it so flawlessly like that! I know I can't help it sometimes, hehe.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well honey, of course that's part of their job description...
Very true! They did need to be capable of range. Remember Gabriel Velez? He wrote one of the MC Richard tributes. He went to the Sesame Street workshops. I noticed that he also wrote this on Google groups:

"As I entered the room, I heard Richard Hunt say to Jane Henson, "This is the guy we've been waiting for all day." (I think that was because I did ten voices on the tape I sent them.)

Jane & Richard told the class that; "Everyone here has experience in puppetry in one form or another...all except Gabriel who had never picked up a puppet before." Richard said to me (in front of the class); "Are you sure you've never puppeteered before?" I said, "this is my first time." They were kind of amazed about that.

Once Richard was asked in a workshop class: "Whatever happened to Ari?" (the blind SS monster)

Richards' reply; "I don't know.. the last time he was seen he was crossing Sesame Street into heavy traffic!" "

Skye

Reaction score
That's awesome, and a great story there. I love how Richard did those workshops. And interesting that Gabriel hadn't done puppetry before that, especially with his impressive array of voices that he did on his tape. That's great, and even better that he did get into it at least a little bit at that time!
Once Richard was asked in a workshop class: "Whatever happened to Ari?" (the blind SS monster)

Richards' reply; "I don't know.. the last time he was seen he was crossing Sesame Street into heavy traffic!"
Lol..... ahhhh, Richard! :wink: Haha, ya gotta love him! :big_grin:

Kiki

Reaction score
Wow... I havn't visited this thread for yonks...

Haha! I just read that Heralde, I LOVE the last bit, literally lol! :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Nice to see you again, Kiki! I miss all your Australian expressions. :smile: I love that bit too!

Yeah clearly Gabriel impressed them, I imagine it is hard to come up with 10 separate voices! He was lucky to get that opportunity.

It's a hard question for me, favorite puppeteers. Well, Richard is the favorite of course, but I'm unsure about second favorite. Though the other day, Frank Oz really did it for me. A song came on MC radio, Ernie and Bert were singing about L words, and Bert kept coming up with dull ones. "La la la la lump...in my oatmeal!" Lol Comic genious!

Skye

Reaction score
That song sounds so cute and totally awesome, heralde.

I really look forward to when I can learn more and be more introduced to Sesame Street! I think I'll really be able to discover a lot and have so much fun while doing it!... Actually, I know I'll have fun doing it! :big_grin: