The RHLC!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really look forward to when I can learn more and be more introduced to Sesame Street! I think I'll really be able to discover a lot and have so much fun while doing it! :big_grin:
Oh well in that case, this might help!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x-03LpPYV1I

Aw, Elmo (80s Elmo), teaches Gladys a lesson in diversity! Lol I wonder how she likes someone pretending to be something they're not!

Enjoy!

Skye

Reaction score
Haha, that was a very cute clip indeed! I loved it. "And have you looked at the top of your head lately?" :big_grin: That's awesome, lol! And I love how Elmo "gave" milk. And gotta say, I love how Gladys stormed off at the end, too! :big_grin: She's great!

Adorable... we're all different, but we're all the same in certain ways as well. Love it!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Adorable... we're all different, but we're all the same in certain ways as well. Love it!
Absolutely! Sometimes it's very easy to get caught up in differences. Not just racial differences, but even differences in personality. We don't stop to think of how much we do have in common. And sometimes differences can be a good thing. (Not all the time, but very few things are "all the time". Hehe)

Skye, I read in one of my Psych books that there are more differences between individuals within a racial group, than there are between different racial groups. If that makes sense.

Skye

Reaction score
That's exactly right. And it's so important to always appreciate each others' differences. While it's awesome when we have a lot in common, it's also so great the many different things we all can bring to the table! :smile:

That's really interesting that you read that, heralde. We haven't really talked a whole lot about race in my classes, but what you read does make sense, and it's an interesting thing to know and remember. And it's something that I wish would be more widely known!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh well in that case, this might help!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x-03LpPYV1I

Aw, Elmo (80s Elmo), teaches Gladys a lesson in diversity! Lol I wonder how she likes someone pretending to be something they're not!

Enjoy!
haha! I love that clip! It's great seeing Gladys tell elmo off like that. Not to many people do that these day's.

It's a hard question for me, favorite puppeteers. Well, Richard is the favorite of course, but I'm unsure about second favorite. Though the other day, Frank Oz really did it for me. A song came on MC radio, Ernie and Bert were singing about L words, and Bert kept coming up with dull ones. "La la la la lump...in my oatmeal!" Lol Comic genious!
That is hilarious. I laugh every time I gere it! That is such an awsome song! I lolove how bert is just not afraid to be who he is and he sees nothing worng with his likes and he does it with confidence.

Once Richard was asked in a workshop class: "Whatever happened to Ari?" (the blind SS monster)

Richards' reply; "I don't know.. the last time he was seen he was crossing Sesame Street into heavy traffic!" "
HahaI! That is such a funny story! I can;t believe he said that about a sesame stree Character!

Skye, I read in one of my Psych books that there are more differences between individuals within a racial group, than there are between different racial groups. If that makes sense.
Not that it would be the only reason. But I would imagian that with so many countries and nationailties that there really would be so many differences. I mean just Italian and German alone there are so many difference with the cultures and everything that we don't even things about as much in theis country when you might be living right next doo to each other, you know?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Skye said:
And it's so important to always appreciate each others' differences. While it's awesome when we have a lot in common, it's also so great the many different things we all can bring to the table! :smile:
Yup, sometimes our diversity can be a strength. You need different people for different ideas. :smile: ...I think I'll change my signature now!

ilikemuppets said:
haha! I love that clip! It's great seeing Gladys tell elmo off like that. Not to many people do that these day's.
Oh yeah! Of course in this case, Glady had it coming, hehe. But yeah it would be nice to see the characters argue like that occasionally today (with a resolution at the end of course lol).

ilikemuppets said:
That is hilarious. I laugh every time I gere it! That is such an awsome song! I lolove how bert is just not afraid to be who he is and he sees nothing worng with his likes and he does it with confidence.
That's what I've really come to admire about Bert too. He really has no other supporters in his interests, but that doesn't stop his fun one bit. It's pretty inspiring.

"La la la...lenolium!" :frown:

ilikemuppets said:
HahaI! That is such a funny story! I can;t believe he said that about a sesame stree Character!
I know, that shocked me too. Lol I imagine you have to have a sense of humor about Sesame Street while working there, otherwise you'll go quite mad!

Skye

Reaction score
That is hilarious. I laugh every time I hear it! That is such an awesome song! I love how bert is just not afraid to be who he is and he sees nothing wrong with his likes and he does it with confidence.
I really love that, too. He's not afraid to be himself at all, and he's darn proud of the things he loves, even if he's the only one who feels so strongly about them. That's awesome, and definitely inspiring, like heralde said. And honestly, I've always strived to be like that! It's perfect to love what you love and stay true to it, no matter what others think.

I know, that shocked me too. Lol I imagine you have to have a sense of humor about Sesame Street while working there, otherwise you'll go quite mad!
Lol, but of course, Richard was never afraid to say anything! He always said what was on his mind, and never backed down or backed away from it. Talk about inspiring! I really like that, too. It can be good to watch what you say sometimes, lol, but it's great to be more like Richard sometimes, too!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, but of course, Richard was never afraid to say anything! He always said what was on his mind, and never backed down or backed away from it. Talk about inspiring! I really like that, too. It can be good to watch what you say sometimes, lol, but it's great to be more like Richard sometimes, too!
Yup, it's one of the things I enjoy most. I'm occasionally a shy sort of person and it has always bothered me. In the past, when I've had favorites interests like on TV or movies, I've tended to gravitate to the shy person, because obviously we had something in common, and it was very comforting.

So I was surprised when Richard ended up being my favorite Muppet person. But I'm actually happy about it now because I think it's a step forward. Moving on to an interest that inspires me by example. And it definitely came at just the right time in my life. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
It's from a later Fraggle Rock episode, I forget which though. I'm pretty sure it's "The River of Life."