1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The RHLC!

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by ReneeLouvier, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Nice to meet you guys! :)Last year, I watched the documentary, The World of Jim Henson, on youtube and I fell in love with the Muppets and all things well... Jim Henson. I watched The Muppet Movie, and I immediately took a liking to Janice and Scooter. I wanted to learn more about who actually puppeteered/voiced them. I looked up Richard Hunt and the rest is history ;) I love all of Richard's characters from Forgetful Jones to Junior Gorg. He was a brilliant performer and just a wonderful person. I also think he has one of the best singing voices I have ever heard. Richard is my favorite muppeteer. Haha I am such a geek when it comes to the Muppets, haha whether it is looking up videos, buying books, or listening to podcasts. I am so happy I found this thread! It took me awhile to post because I wanted to read through all of the other posts. :p
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Cool, Fersureitsjess! I grew up watching Henson's Place, I think it started my love of documentaries in general, hehe. Were you surprised that Scooter and Janice were performed by the same person?
  3. Fersureitsjess

I haven't seen Henson's Place yet, but I really want to. Does it have any footage of Richard performing? I think I will rent it. When I found out that Scooter and Janice were performed by the same person, I was surprised. At first they sounded very different from each other, but now I think they sound similar.
  4. heralde

There is one quick scene where you can see Richard and the others filming a scene for Fraggle Rock. I believe thats it, but overall I'd definitely recommend Henson's Place, a lot of great interviews and takes you back to a real high point in the Muppets history. :)

Have you seen Of Muppets and Men? Sorry to keep asking questions, lol.
  5. Fersureitsjess

Oh it's fine ;) and yes I have seen Of Muppets and Men. It is such a good documentary. I loved how they introduced all of the performers/cast and how it showed Steve, Dave, Louise, and Jerry recording the gurgling/fish noises haha. I really want the actual book Of Muppets and Men. I am currently saving up for it, and the cheapest one I found online was $49!:smirk:
  6. heralde

Oh yeah it's a pretty rare book now, very expensive, lol. I haven't bought it yet but I was able to borrow it a couple of times when I interned at The Museum of TV & Radio. A lot of really good photos and anecdotes about Richard. Good luck saving up! :)
  7. Nekoshema

Nekoshema Member

hi, welcome to the RHLC, Of Muppets and Men is a good book, still can't believe i found it so cheap. since you read through i won't post the puppetman clip again, unless you want me to. but i did find they reposted some of the clips from Jim's memorial, here's the songs, and it's not cut into two parts :flirt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSE1Mtnnm4Y also, fletchy found this and posted it on his facebook, but since he took my link i'm taking his [your face stephen ;)] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU9xqZ-mZRc&feature=player_embedded

lol so yea, haven't been checking my email much these days so i didn't realize people posted, sorry. well i'm moving out on monday, so many boxes, luckily the place i'm in now i have until the 15 so i can take my time. also, anyone watching the royal wedding? everyone i ask isn't... then again they're guys lol, i guess it's not their cup of tea ;)
  8. Fersureitsjess

Oh my God I have never seen that clip from Jim Henson's memorial! I have only heard the audio. I plan to watch the royal wedding, but I'm probably going to record it since it is on so early.
  9. heralde

Sorry, probably will be missing the royal wedding, hehe. ;)

Thanks so much for sharing that clip of Richard from Fraggle Rock! I never thought I'd get to see Richard doing the entire segment (with no clips being intercut over his talk like in the other documentary).

It's cute how he was embarrassed at the end, but really it's incredible that he was able to just stand there and start talking at the camera, without a character, just being himself. Most people, including actors, are simply not able to do that. :)
  10. Fersureitsjess

Aww his Junior Gorg voice was so cute! :coy:
  11. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

It does. There's a clip shot from overhead of the gang doing a bit with Convincing John and his backup singers - Richard was puppeteering one of them.
    I'm with you, heralde - it's always fun to learn about the people and things behind the scenes.
    And the gargling fish in "Of Muppets and Men..." if I'd been in their shoes, I'd have snorted the water out my nose in five seconds.
  12. Nekoshema

Nekoshema Member

didn't Karen almost do that? [i think it was Karen, i haven't seen it in a while... no wait, it was Kathryn... frizzy hair is all i remember] anyway i hope when season 4 finally does come out, it will have more back stage things.

i was at the disney store the other day and came across this awesome shirt of Kermit in front of a rainbow with hipster glasses with the words 'it's easy being green' i laughed. i was gonna buy it, but it was 22.50 and i was buying a plushie for my mom for the same price, so i passed. next time though ;) also, they had these new 3 inch figurines of the muppets, 24 in all, but you can't tell which one you got and no refunds, and on the box the 7th one listed was Scooter, i was horribly torn, i'm rather unlucky so the odds of me getting Scooter first try was slim, and i don't want to spend 16.95$ for Pepe or something. but they have Link, Dr. Strangepork and First Mate Piggie, [well they had a lot of Muppet Show characters, but sadly the box boasts no chickens... kinda had a minor freak out about that one :mad:]
  13. heralde

It was Louise Gold. :)

That's pretty impressive about your Disney Store though! But you're right to be cautious, especially when there's no refunds. ;)
  14. Fersureitsjess

I have seen that shirt... it's so cool. I also really want vinylmation of Janice, Scooter, and Zoot. I was at the Disney Store recently, and they were selling those Muppet Kooky pens. They were on sale, so I bought them. Know doing homework is more fun because I use a Beaker pen :)
  15. heralde

Just wanted to share something, I just got my first DVD's of The Greatest American Hero, a TV show from the 1980's about a reluctant super hero. There was this one episode that was all about role models and what they mean to people and a sort of catch phrase that develops is "I grew up on this guy!" It was simple yet very sweet and touching. And I think that sort of perfectly spells out how us Muppet people feel about Jim Henson or Richard Hunt...I grew up on this guy. :) ;)
  16. Muppet Newsgirl

That sounds cool...and speaking of Jim, I can't believe that today it's been 21 years since he passed. Where does the time go?

Rest in peace, Jim - and keep them laughing up there, you and Richard and Jerry Juhl and the others.
  17. Fersureitsjess

RIP Jim Henson....
  18. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

Been a while since I've posted here. Hello again, fellow Richard Lovers! :) I come bearing a Richard-related video too.

People have probably already seen this, not just in youtube, but I can also assume the full version of this is available on the Fraggle Rock DVDs in the US. On Sunday 15th May, HensonCompany uploaded an excerpt from the Fraggle Rock Wrap Party - it begins with a speech by Jim Heson - introduced and off-screen comments and teasing provided by Richard Hunt! ;) Enjoy!
  19. Muppet Newsgirl

Oh, nice, nice, nice...thanks for posting, Fletchy!

You know, sometimes I wonder just what Richard had written on that piece of paper...
  20. Fersureitsjess

Interesting..... I thought about that too.

That's a great video though, I saw it on the Fraggle Rock DVD extras. Karen Prell was hilarious. :excited: