1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The RHLC!

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by ReneeLouvier, Feb 21, 2006.

1. heralde Well-Known Member

You know the first time I saw it I actually did a double take, I didn't realize it was him, lol. You don't see him with that kind of smile too often in photos. I guess it was kind of bashful as the quote says, hehe. ;)
  2. ReneeLouvier Active Member

The Right Reverend Ritchie Hunt....LOL. I love this picture so much!!
  3. heralde Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that one (it's towards the bottom of the page), pretty funny I must say, lol.
  4. heralde Well-Known Member

Just a head's up, if you haven't read the Memoirs of a Muppet Writer book yet, Amazon has a preview of the chapter on Richard which talks about his brief role as Reverend, lol. You just have to click on the Look Inside graphic and scroll down the index to Chapter 42. Really nice stuff! One page is missing from the preview so there is still reason to buy the book, hehe.

http://www.amazon.com/Memoirs-Muppets-Writer-somebody-actually/dp/0615495583
    HubbaWhaFraggle likes this.
  5. heralde Well-Known Member

Finally got to see the Being Elmo documentary on Netflix. While I still have reservations about Elmo's World, I did enjoy this documentary, thought Kevin's story was very inspiring and appreciate how much attention Richard was given. As I said in another thread, I'm always afraid some less than savvy interviewer will make some snide comment about Richard giving the future star Elmo away, but thankfully Richard is treated with a lot of respect here. I'd recommend Being Elmo for all RHLC fans. ;)
  6. We Got Us Active Member

Richard Hunt Lovers Club! Just dropping in to pay my tributes to the man. How proud he would have been of the go-fer, appearing on his own at the TED conference and passionately threatening a "Muppet smackdown!". I wish he could have lived to see the day. R.I.P. Richard.
    FletchySRF3088 likes this.
  7. heralde Well-Known Member

Yup that was definitely a pleasant surprise. And that he got so much time focused on him on the Being Elmo documentary this past year. Have you been able to see it? It didn't change my cynical opinion of Elmo's World, lol, but it was still an enjoyable watch, especially for Richard fans. ;)
  8. FletchySRF3088 Active Member

I really want to see Being Elmo! I hope it arrives here in the UK soon!
  9. We Got Us Active Member

It just showed up on the Netflix instant last night, and I squealed before I realized I might not want to let my grandmom and sister know I planned on watching....an Elmo documentary. ;)
  10. heralde Well-Known Member

Well you could tell them it's a documentary about pursuing a very mature, professional career in Television. ;)
    We Got Us likes this.
  11. Fersureitsjess Active Member

Finally saw Being Elmo! It was a really good documentary, and of course my favorite part was the footage of Richard performing Elmo. :)
    heralde and We Got Us like this.
  12. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

I got to see Statler and Waldorf on Sunday!!!!

My family and I went into New York to see the Secret Policeman's Ball - it's the comedy and music show that Amnesty International does. And we were on the right-hand side of the theater, just below S&W's balcony.
    Our two favorite hecklers were in rare form, giving John Oliver a hard time, commenting on this weird and wacky thing we call Twitter...oh, yeah.

Somewhere, I think Jim and Richard were smiling.
  13. GoboDeadly95 Active Member

Totally agree. I love Statler and Woldorf. They are made of win!
  14. heralde Well-Known Member

Found this podcast interview with Mark Hamill in case anyone hasn't heard it yet. Towards the very end he talks about his friendship with Richard (but definitely listen to the rest of the interview too because the guy is so talented, lol). Plus the interviewer seemed to already know about Richard so that's cool:

http://ingamechat.net/audio/IGC20090813.mp3
  15. Voiceroy Member

I'm sure someone has noticed this before, but I did a few various searches on Google and the forum here and didn't see anything. In fact, the Muppet Wiki doesn't include this either, so maybe I am the first to notice that this puppet who appears in "Jim Henson Presents Mother Goose Stories: The Prince and the Beggars" bears a striking resemblance to Richard Hunt.

I snagged a quick pic via my digital camera while trying to cram in a "Mother Goose Stories" marathon on Netflix streaming before the show expired on 3/15.

[IMG]
  16. The Count Moderator

Wait, MGS was on Netflix?! Dude, you should have grabbed every episode to seriously bulk up the entries/pages for that production on the Muppet Wiki, episodes, characters, cast, etc.
  17. Voiceroy Member

Sorry, I don't visit the forums here that often. And I just noticed on 3/14 that the show was expiring -- I only had time to watch 7 eps before 3/15 hit. And when Netflix says that a title expires on a certain date, what they mean is that it expires immediately at midnight the day before.

But someone did mention it here a year ago:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...f-toys-mother-goose-stories-on-netflix.47205/

I use the Netflix streaming companion site instantwatcher.com to stay informed about when stuff expires and what's new. Netflix doesn't make that info available until it's within 30 days of expiration. Instantwatcher's search is also vastly superior to Netflix's.

Just a couple examples:

http://instantwatcher.com/titles?q=muppets&search_episodes=

http://instantwatcher.com/titles?q=jim henson&search_episodes=

I would think some devoted fan would have started a running thread here on Muppet Central to keep fans informed of what's currently available via Netflix Instant Watch, and what's about to expire.

"Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series" and "The Secret Life of Toys" both expire in April.
  18. Lola p Well-Known Member

hey all! just saw no one had responed for almost a month and thought i would start a conversation! well, i was in my 6th period reading class..... and my teacher was going over some new boring asignment...... we had to do a reserch project. she was going over a bunch of political people.... past presidents..... blah blah blah.... ( at this point my atention starts to go off track from me being tired, thanks 5th period gym.) but then she starts calling us up to choose books. she calls me, and i go: "ok, no ofense, but all these people are boring! why can we not have any good, creative, fun people?" then she goes: " ok, ms., who can YOU think of???" I then smiled and stood up and said( at the top of my lungs) JIM HENSON! considering this, she then let me do my report on jim henson!:)
    And so i was skiming through the book, and this picture of all the mupeeters come up. and richjard hunt was included. i smiled and thoguht of the rhlc. and i was like: " i need to vist thoses guys, i havent poped in for a while." so i wanted to vist and just say hey and stuff. And another good thing is my schedule is starting to clear up. so i will FINALLY be able to [post frequently agaian!:electric:

yours truley,
    lola p. :eek::flirt:;):boo:
  19. GoboDeadly95 Active Member

That's actually awesome I'm not going to lie. I should do that in a random class sometime. Hop on a chair and scream Jim Henson. I did a speech on the company once last year for speech class. It was pretty awesome. I got like a B on it but the teacher who graded it rarely, if ever, gives As.
  20. Lola p Well-Known Member

yeah, it was pretty cool. i got a lot of weird looks though. lol.