1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The RHLC!

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by ReneeLouvier, Feb 21, 2006.

1. heralde Well-Known Member

Yup, loved that. I said elsewhere that I really thought it was in line with Scooter's personality. He's not sure how to host a show so Kermit tells him to picture the audience naked. Scooter takes this a little too literally and thinks this is a requirement of hosting duties. After that's done, he's perfectly confident he can continue as host, lol. Sort of that logical illogic Scooter occasionally exhibited, lol.
  2. Lola p Well-Known Member

anothe rscene i liked was when the lights came back on.. with wayne and wanda lol
  3. GoboDeadly95 Active Member

Oh gosh Wane and Wanda were hysterical. I laughed so hard at them kissing it was so funny.
  4. ReneeLouvier Active Member

Robert finished my collection of Muppet movies/series for Christmas this year!! He got me TMS Season 3, The Muppets Christmas Carol, and The Muppets Letters to Santa. Two of them (TMSS3 & TMLtS) had printable tickets to see "The Muppets" in theaters!! FOR FREE.

We are so terribly poor right now, it's not even funny...:o

Doing a newspaper route is NOT FREAKING WORTH IT. We drive a 2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (I know, I know; a behemoth of a truck! - It has a 5.4 ft bed on it!) And we drive about 50 miles every day. Add on an additional 25-30 random miles for 3 weeks out of each month; 35-40 miles for one of those weeks...that adds up to about 1,510-1,640 miles each month. We clock about 18,120-19,680 miles each year.

We supposed to only be driving about 12,000-13,000 miles per year. Luckily the insurance company allowed Dottie (Robert's mother) to lie on the insurance policy. He's on their insurance policy (AARP prices, his dad is 70) to get lower rates anyways...it would have gone up $1,000 if it was rated at our realistic mileage!! ....this route is h**l on the truck too. We've gone through 4 sets of tires, and we just recently had to have the alternator replaced...oh happy day.
  5. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Woo-hoo, Sara's back!

Wow, sounds like you guys are having a time of it lately...and I hear you, sorting out stuff with auto insurance can be a real pain in the neck.

Judging from the reviews that everyone's posting, I'm definitely going to have to go see "The Muppets." Yes, I know, it's embarrassing, I'm a die-hard Muppet fan and I still haven't seen the movie yet...but you see, I've been so backed up with work and other stuff lately that I've barely even had time to breathe.

By the by, heralde, where's your avatar from?
  6. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd recommend it; it's not perfect but it's the best in a long time. :)

Oops I actually might have changed it since you asked me, lol, but it doesn't matter it's the same person, it's Robert Englund when he was on the 1980s TV series V, playing one of the aliens. Good actor and very articulate outside of movies and TV (not a guarantee for actors).
  7. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Cool - thanks!

On a slightly more somber note, I'm looking at the calendar and I'm seeing that we're three days away from the anniversary of Richard's passing...I can't believe it will have been 20 years ago this year - where does the time go?
  8. The Count Moderator

*Is glad to read something from and to know that Muppet Newsgirl is still here.
    Sent you an HV notice to your addy.

*Burgles a slice of cherry cobbler. :drool:
  9. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Hi, Ed - yeah, I know, I've been kind of away from MC lately. It's the old problem of life, the universe and everything getting in the way - mostly I blame work.

But I've been meaning to get back into the swing of things - and yes, I got the HV notice. What the hey, I'll throw my hat in for another year - with the same crew.
  10. The Count Moderator

*Hedley Lamar voice: Splendid, splendid. That leaves Kim of the Skeeter Muppet and MuppetsFan4Life to reply before opening up to new business.

And we do not discuss new business until...
    *Book flipping through pages.
    Next quarter.

Hope everything's okay with Nora at the bookstore and Scooter at the theater.
    *Remembers to roll some radishes down to the Rock and the Cave.
  11. Puckrox Well-Known Member

Today is the anniversary of Richard's passing. Hard to believe it's been twenty years to this day. I was only one and a half years old when he passed on. A great, great, great man.

And to quote Elmo when it came to working with Richard:
    "It was torture! Elmo doesn't like opera! Elmo doesn't like tuna fish sandwiches and Schweppes Ginger Ale. Elmo doesn't like any of those things! But for some reason, when he was working Elmo, Elmo was motivated to love those things!"

Richard, you were one of the greats. <3
  12. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Hmm, so Elmo doesn't like opera, ginger ale and tuna fish sandwiches - would that list also include orange juice and chocolate-covered donuts, or would he be okay with those?

And it would seem that Richard and Elmo's working relationship was one of mutual emnity - Richard hated Elmo's cloyingly sweet attitude and Elmo didn't like Richard's tastes in music and food. Go figure.

And I'm with you, Puckrox - I can't believe that it's now 20 years since Richard departed us - I would have been six years old at the start of 1992. Rest in peace, Richard - we love you and we still miss you.
    HubbaWhaFraggle likes this.
  13. The Count Moderator

;): I think he liked the chocolate doughnuts, who can say "no" to those?
    :flirt: Like, fer sure. *Swigs some organic orange juice.
    :grr: And we never even got to my credenza!
    :boo: Usually opera music puts me to sleep.
    :eek: Mee-mee-meep, madly memporary.

Happy anniversary to Richard.
    :laugh: Your face!
  14. Canadian Fan Member

He died at such a young age, my uncle was born the same year as Richard.

I was 12 when Richard died and was in Grade 7. I don't even remember seeing his death mentioned in the entertainment section of the newspapers where I live.

If Richard was still living, I could see him doing more directing and performing his characters. Same thing with Jim (although I think Jim would be more involved with the Jim Henson Company).
    Puckrox likes this.
  15. Puckrox Well-Known Member

I agree completely. I think the Henson Company would be producing some shows that are a bit more on the successful side if Jim were still here, and I definitely think Richard would be directing and definitely still performing.
  16. heralde Well-Known Member

That's great because I love tuna sandwiches and Ginger Ale, lol. So Richard and I have something else in common, and Elmo and I are further apart. Sounds about right to me! ;)
    HubbaWhaFraggle and Puckrox like this.
  17. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

I like opera and ginger ale, but I can't much say that I fancy tuna fish sandwiches. Oh, well, as Meat Loaf once sang, "two out of three ain't bad." ;)
  18. heralde Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking the other day, ever notice how we often say "tuna fish?" It's weird when you think about it. I mean isn't that understood? After all we don't say "salmon fish" or "trout fish." Hehe
  19. heralde Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen this page? You guys have to see the 4th and 5th photos down.

http://effyeahmuppetperformers.tumblr.com/

About the 5th photo, love this quote (and the photo itself, it's so wonderfully late '60s, lol):

HubbaWhaFraggle likes this.
  20. Fersureitsjess Active Member

I just love that photo!