1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The RHLC!

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by ReneeLouvier, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

Wow, Ireland? Awsome! That sounds like fun! I personally am doing well. Other than getting trampled by 10 6 year olds with silly string and water guns yesterday. Hahaha, fun time!
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

HubbaWhaFraggle likes this.
  3. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Interesting. When I read about Richard's Kermit impression, I wondered if anybody had recorded it. Wow..he does do a pretty good Kermit impression!
    HubbaWhaFraggle and heralde like this.
  4. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

I didn't even realise that was Richard intill the 3rd time I watched it. His Kermit is amazing!
    heralde likes this.
  5. heralde

Yeah I literally did a double take when I realized that wasn't Jim, lol.

I had wondered the same thing, thank goodness someone did. : D
  6. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

A Conversation between me and my sister today:
    (watching the muppet movie)
    Me: Hey, Bella. Who is that muppet in the green jacket?
    Bell: Scooter! And sissy, you wanna know how i know this?
    ME: sure bella
    Bell: Because he is preformed by Richard Hunt. The best muppeteer ever!
    Me:.... I didn't know you knew about muppet history....
    Bell: I do. And Richard Hunt is the best muppet dude ever!
    Me: .... Come here... i wanna give you a hug for that coment.....
    ~we hug~

Wow, guys.... is that not awsome?
  7. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

Another story for you guys:

I went to papa john's today, and i got into a conversation with the man delivering my pizza to me. (we ordered in the store, then he dropped it by our house.) So i told the man about my day yesterday, and that i was just going to go home and watch The Muppets. He then asks what my faveriote muppet was. (It is Scooter) So after, when it gets delivered, (it was the same guy i was talking to) he goes: "And make sure to check under the box lid." Confused, I checked. And guess what was under the box: A drawing of Scooter! I was shocked, and i thanked the man. He left, and when i was done with the pizza, I hung it on my bedroom wall. (just the picture).

How cool was that?
  8. heralde

That's awesome, Lola! You should put that in a scrap book after awhile so it doesn't fade. :)
  9. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

I was wondering if any of you guys ever go to the Jessica Max Stein site, because it has really good interview with Jane Hunt.
  10. heralde

Actually I was just about to share this from her site; I've been waiting to see Richard's Sesame Street cameo for years and it's finally here! Yay! ;)

http://jessicamaxstein.com/2012/08/honoring-richard-hunt-61st-birthday/ (Scroll down)
  11. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Ahhh I'm so happy that his cameo was posted. I've always wanted to see it :D
  12. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*Can't find any details on the news that's put us all here in a black funk.

*Buys some chocolate-coffee chip muffins at the HV bakery, not sure if it'd be the Muff YN Fluff or Upper Crust.
    *Has :batty: :smirk: :fishy: :crazy: :sing: and :search: add their signatures to the card, then leaves the package to be delivered up to Muppeteer Heaven for Jerry now that he's joined his daughter.
  13. heralde

14. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Hi, everyone - yes, I know, I kind of zip in and out again only occasionally now. It's cause of the usual stuff - life, work, school.

There's a story I'd love to share with everyone. My mom told me that on Halloween, this one group of trick-or-treaters came to the door. The group included a 12-year-old girl - and as Mom was giving out candy, the girl looked over my mom's shoulder and cried out in delight, "Richard Hunt!"

You see, before we mailed out the AIDS quilt panel for Richard, we had my dad take a photo of it. And we blew it up to 2 feet by one foot, framed it and hung it up on the wall over the staircase - next to a Muppet poster. And Mom let the girl come in and take a closer look at the photo. She was a big fan of Richard and the Muppets, and Mom said the girl mentioned she would be going to a Muppet convention fairly soon.
    heralde and The Count like this.
  15. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*Blinks. Is that Erin? Popping back into the RHLC? Now when the
    Muppeteer that Richard took under his wing back at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade so many years ago has unfortunately resigned from Sesame Street.

*Is glad that Erin came back, smiles at the Halloween story, leaves a mug of hot chocolate.
    *Hope you found the haunter write-up I sent for your review, and happy belated birthday.
  16. Skye

Skye Active Member

This afternoon, I got the chance to listen to "Six String Orchestra" again for the first time in quite a while... and *sigh* Richard (and Scooter) are so adorable!
    heralde and The Count like this.
  17. heralde

Hi again Skye! I should really listen to it again as well, ahh so many memories, hehe.
  18. Skye

Skye Active Member

Hi heralde! :) Yeah, I have been re-visiting a lot of Muppet and Fraggle Rock music today. Losing myself in the beauty and the fun of it all. :) As you can see from my signature, I am listening to John Denver and the Muppets right now. Looove "The Peace Carol"!

I'm on "Little Saint Nick" right now... such a great rendition!
    heralde and FletchySRF3088 like this.
  19. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

The Peace Carol is my absolute favourite from that album!! Just hearing John Denver and Scooter/Richard singing together is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. It makes me want to go and sing it in front of an audience, but I don't think I'd ever get the nerve haha.
    vettech28, Lola p, Skye and 1 other person like this.
  20. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I love "The Peace Carol", too. While we're on the subject of Muppet songs featuring Richard, another one of my favorite Richard Hunt songs is "Letter B". Richard's imitation of Paul McCartney is spot on, in fact, the song got me interested in the music of The Beatles. I think I'd agree with everyone else here, Richard is among the best singers of the Muppet performers.
    FletchySRF3088 and heralde like this.