The RHLC!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
The whole walk was 6.2 miles, and it took us three hours. It wasn't just in Central Park - the route snaked around a huge chunk of the Upper West Side.

Here's how it went: the start and finish lines were in the park, around 72nd St. At 10 o'clock, they sent us all up through the park to 112th St., where we all spilled out onto Central Park West (yes, they had streets closed off for this). Then it was down to 110th where we all headed west to Riverside Drive, passing St. John the Divine along the way. Then it was down to 74th St. where we turned back east toward the park.

I'd really love to see how it all looked from the air - a giant mass of 45,000 people worming its way through the streets of New York. It was a lot of fun - a real party atmosphere. Richard definitely would have approved.

Also - on the train into the city, we met someone who used to be on one of the organizing committees for the walk. We got to talking about the Muppets, and he told us that the Henson family and the company have been huge supporters of the walk and the related charities.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Well, I've decided to sell off the Apple iPhone on eBay. Figured the contact will die out eventually anyways, might as well send it off and get some money on it.

That's about it, really. Oh, and I might sell off some other stuff maybe. Just get some money would be nice.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Best of luck Sara.

I'm trying to organize how I'm going to pay off my comics for my collection. So many good titles I could buy and I just can't afford them all. So I must prioritize my most favourite ones.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I have the same problem whenever I walk into a bookstore or the library. So many books, so little time. And if it's the bookstore, the amount of cash in my wallet is also a factor.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm really bad with bookstores. I feel like I end up buying things a little too often, when it's probably wiser to just read and run, hehe.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I love going to the bookstore.

But it's annoying when some people act like the bookstore is actually the library, I've actually seen people telling other people to shhsh, :smile:, the manager lady there has even told me "this isn't a library, we're in the bussiness of selling books," when I was being interviewed for a job at my local Barnes and Nobles.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm really bad with bookstores. I feel like I end up buying things a little too often, when it's probably wiser to just read and run, hehe.
You know the feeling - all those books seem to start whispering "Read me...read me." And that can get a little expensive in a bookstore.

I've never seen people shushing each other in a bookstore - but then, most of the people I see in bookstores tend to lower their voices anyway when they come in the door. I think it's just the effect of all the books - it's just really soothing. I know I've felt my stress level really drop whenever I walk into a bookstore or library - but then it's replaced by "What am I going to read now?"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah it's interesting, people in general do automatically lower their volume in bookstores.

I always end up going to the same couple of sections: Movies & Music, Collectibles and finally CDs and DVDs. And historical type books like the history of New York City, hehe.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I have this love, dislike thing for bookstores because I find too much that I like, but I hate that I can't have everything I want, heh! There's always just too much I want in there.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I mean ideally our libraries should be able to keep up with the books being published, but I imagine money is always an issue.

On that subject, I love going to my library's little book store because someone almost always leaves an old VHS, record album or book behind, very often Muppet related! You never know what you'll find. :smile: