The RHLC!

Skye

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for posting that, heralde. That's so sad... but so true. It must've been so hard and so overwhelming when all that happened.

Happy birthday to Jim.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You're welcome, Skye! Just when you think you've run out of Richard quotes, he surprises you!

Btw, I looked up "Sydney or the bush", it means basically "all or nothing." Either you hit the "big time" (in a city like Sydney) or settle for nothing (the bush, the wilderness).

So Kiki and Sara, you guys had the right idea, thanks!

Skye

Reaction score
heralde said:
You're welcome, Skye! Just when you think you've run out of Richard quotes, he surprises you!
So true. And he sure has some of the best quotes around!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Indeed, and a Richard quote is often the best cure for a lethargic funny bone.

I've read that story about the Muppeteers coping with Jim's death, and when I read what Richard had to say, I thought, in terms of tone and emotions, he felt kind of helpless right then. Going through one of those "lost and lonely" moments. Of course, that had to have been true for the whole troupe.

Kiki

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Maybe we should both go then.
Fabulous idea my friends! Be sure to pop around to Melbourne, 'kay? :smile: :excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd never thought about it before, but they must have wondered if the whole Muppet thing was about to end.

Kiki

Reaction score
heralde said:
Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Jim on this thread today! I recently found a Richard quote from an interview with the muppet performers while they were filming "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson."

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]''It's history, like having your life played before your eyes,'' says Richard Hunt (Scooter), who describes the taping as ''a time for retrospection. ... a process of grieving for a friend (who died suddenly in May of pneumonia) and also for a way of life that for some of us has been continuous for 20 years. All of a sudden, your life is completely disrupted.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]''We've been spoiled. We were a small group of specialized talent that were needed and worked continuously for a long time. Now the focal point and the driving force is gone ... and there is an element of some sort of transition, how you gonna do it?''[/FONT]

They all must have felt very displaced at the time. Having something define your life for so many years, and then suddenly it's gone. Still, "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" ended up being a great event, both funny and touching. I'm sure Jim enjoyed and appreciated it.

Here's the link of the whole article, it was on the Muppet Central tribute page.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/tributes/henson/hensonarticle8.shtml
That's a great find, Heralde- thanks! What Richard said was very deep and touching,and exactly what Muppet newsgirl said. It's quite sad, really, but so sweet of him to say that. he must've been still recovering from the shock of jim's passing, eh?

By the way, is that really what "Sydney or the bush" means? lol!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Kiki said:
By the way, is that really what "Sydney or the bush" means? lol!
Apparently! What's interesting is, the first time I heard the expression was in the 1969 Peanuts movie "A Boy Named Charlie Brown." He's in training for a big spelling bee and twice the kids say, "It's Sydney or the bush for Charlie Brown!"

Peanuts was well known for having the little kid characters say oddly adult things.

Btw, my new signature is from the Fraggle Rock episode "Bored Stiff", where Gobo and Junior Gorg team up to save the other fraggles who have been sprayed with Pa Gorg's boredom juice. Just wanted to share. :smile:

NeopetsVMKKelly

Reaction score
heralde said:
Btw, I looked up "Sydney or the bush", it means basically "all or nothing." Either you hit the "big time" (in a city like Sydney) or settle for nothing (the bush, the wilderness).
Cool, i never knew that. Oh, and yes, I got to log on again, but it seems like there's no one else on. Oh well.