The Spectacular Spidey/Muppets Celebration

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sighs. That was a very poinient chapter, a lot happened regarding the main characters.

As for the CN Invasion... There's one whose voice reminds me of Moltar from Space Ghost. But the thing that puzzles me is the schedule. There are five shows that'll be invaded, each new episode airing on a different Friday in the month of May. Not sure if that means there are two new episodes of Ed Edd 'n Eddie, this invasion episode and the "Last" episode which'll air during the marathon planned for this Friday and Saturday (which'll feed into a special airing of Spider-Man at 7 PM on Toonami, another little rant, shouldn't they be airing Spider-Man 2 by this time?).
Back to the original rant... The five invasion episodes will all air consecutively on Memorial Day. The problem however, is there are five shows featured as part of this promotion and only four Fridays in May. So this means one show won't be shown until the Memorial Day marathon or there are other scheduling possibilities as to have all five air before then.
Oh well, we'll have to wait and see.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Two shows must be airing on the same night. That's the only explanation I have for the whole scheduling conflict the "Invasion" will have to face. And I think the "Invasion" episode of Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy will follow out of the show's continuity (that is, if there ever was one set up for the show), possiblity taking place before the last episode.

Speaking of which, I wonder what exactly will happen in that last episode. Are one of the boys moving away or something? I know that Double-D moved into the neighborhood when he was very young, but will he be the one moving out again? It sounds a bit cliche (every sitcom does something like that in the final episode).

Oh, and Count, Spider-Man 2 will be airing on Monday @ 8/7c on the FX Channel.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks MW. Class schedule prevents me from being home on Monday night, so I'll miss it. What just made me flare up was the fact of the hype for Spidey 1. I mean, come on, it's a week away from the third movie and you're still drawing in the crowds for the first one? You shoulda gotten and premiered the second one by now.

As for Ed Edd 'n Eddie, what I heard about the Last episode was, and don't hold me to this as it might have changed from what actually airs, is the main trio's grown up and are either reminiscing on their younger days or moving on to go on with their adult lives. Something like that. Oh well,hope for more story posted soon.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Sounds interesting. I'll be recording that marathon this weeked, because I'm gaining quite an admiration for the show. Who knows? Maybe you all might see some cameos from the boys in the next crossover.:wink:

Thanks MW. Class schedule prevents me from being home on Monday night, so I'll miss it. What just made me flare up was the fact of the hype for Spidey 1. I mean, come on, it's a week away from the third movie and you're still drawing in the crowds for the first one? You shoulda gotten and premiered the second one by now.
I just hope FX doesn't pull that stunt they had done earlier this year and say that there's going to be additional scenes, when there are only a few small ones like Peter pulling up to his apartment on his scooter. They kept their word on the sneak peek of SM3, but why tell us you're going to show something that's only a millisecond long? I'm glad I bought the "2.1" DVD.

I've always believed the first one appealed to kids more than the second, which is why they're showing only the first one on Cartoon Network. The second one had a level of drama that overshadowed some of the action in the film. In other words, Spider-Man 2 was a bit too mature for younger children. If you go back and watch the film (the original, not the new "extended cut"), you'd see what I'm talking about.

I also believe that the reason they're building up so much hype over the first one is that a lot of fans think the third movie will make much more money in the box office than the first one. Not to mention, Sam Raimi seems to be going back to that heavy action that got kids' attention in the first one.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
It's time for another moment of...DID YOU KNOW THAT...:smile:

DID YOU KNOW THAT....

"The Spectacular" (the third Spidey/Muppets crossover story) will be the first one to take place in present time.

The first crossover, "The Amazing!", chronologically takes place in 2003 (and the story was first posted on Muppet Central in 2005). The second one, "The Amazing...Sequel!", takes place in 2005 (and the story was first posted on the boards in 2006).

Now you know.:wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Robin: Hey, everyone. This is Robin the Frog. Uncle Kermit thought it would be an excellent idea if I sang a song straight from the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack. In the movie, this song was played during the scene that you just got done reading in the crossover, when Peter Parker gave up his responsibilities as Spider-Man. It's a really neat song. Sing along if you like.

(Music starts.)

Robin: Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed,
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

So, I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done,
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me.

(Zoot steps in for a trumpet solo.)

Robin: Hey, Zoot. I thought you played the saxophone.

Zoot: You mean this ain't it? *looks at the trumpet* Ohhhh. I better find Lips. He's better at syncing than me. *walks away*

Robin: It won't be long 'til happiness steps up to greet me.

(Rowlf plays a few keys on the piano.)

Robin: Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin'....me.

Kermit:*steps in* That was very nice, Robin.

Robin: Thanks, Uncle Kermit. Now can I go play my PS3?

Kermit:*awkwardly* Uhhh...sure.

Robin: YIIPPEEE!!! *runs off*

Kermit: Sheesh. Kids today.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
More drama, suspense, and intrigue in the next revised chapter.:smile:

Chapter Nine

The first day (or second day, in the case of Mickey Mouse) without any wall-crawling, sorcery, or world traveling seemed to have been going well for Peter, Mickey, and Kim, who were each living their normal lives after giving up their duties as devoted heroes. Of course, there were some ups and downs to their new, regular lives. The downs being Peter having to wear glasses again (because his poor eyesight had finally returned), Kim forced to shut down her website (putting Wade in a situation to where he had to leave his house once in a while to do chores), and Mickey having to quit his job at The Daily Bugle (not wanting to be the news that Jameson was looking for the paper). The ups being that Peter was able to focus more on his college life and bring up the grades that were once slipping in his classes, Kim having the opportunity to teach more cheers to her fellow high school cheerleaders, and Mickey being able to take Minnie out more often and show her around the town.

However, the hardest thing for the three former heroes to maintain was their distance from disturbances, which they would’ve once jumped at the chance to be involved in. Mickey saw several squad cars pass through the area, while on a date with Minnie, and had to force himself to just focus on pleasing his girlfriend rather than helping others. There were times when Kim’s Kimmunicator would go off, like a cellular phone that someone forgot to switch off, meaning that either Wade was suffering from a force of habit or she had to change it from “ring” to “vibrate.” And Peter was forced to turn away from a brutal mugging that was happening close nearby.

Though the hardest thing had kept them wishing at times that they would return to their duties, the pleasures that came with the decision was always there to lift their spirits. This was especially the case one evening when Peter invited Jenny, Fozzie, Robin, and Rizzo to go see the final performance of Mary Jane’s play. Their appearance at the show surprised Mary Jane to the point where she almost forgot her line, which ironically was “I am glad.” After the show, Mary Jane met up with the five characters and took a stroll down Times Square with them.

“That was a marvelous performance, M.J.” Jenny commented, and Mary Jane didn’t once look her way, reminded by the incident at the Planetarium.

“It was such a great play.” Robin remarked.

“Thanks,” Mary Jane told Robin, “But you guys could’ve told me you were coming.”

“Hey, it wasn’t us.” Rizzo said, pointing towards Peter. “Sissy boy here was scared dat you’d tell him not ta come.”

“Rizzo, that’s it!” Jenny yelled, and she snatched the rat by the tail, picked him up, and threw him into her purse, where he squirmed and complained, until Jenny closed the purse and muffled the sounds. Mary Jane stared at Peter, smiling at him for the first time in a long while.

“You look different.” She said.

“I shine my shoes, press my pants, and do my homework…I’m actually doing my homework now.” Peter remarked, enjoying the time that he was spending with Mary Jane, after giving up his duties as Spider-Man. Jenny could see the happiness on his face and felt pleased to see that things were finally starting to look up.

“Hey, why don’t we stop by the diner and get some dinner?” Jenny suggested.

“Now there’s a great idea!” Fozzie exclaimed. “I haven’t had a honey and bologna sandwich in a long time!”

“Yeah, and I can’t wait to try out Pete’s new Lily Pad Pie.” Robin said, while Peter was getting excited himself, just thinking of the idea of him and Mary Jane at Pete’s, catching up on old times.

“Maybe I can just treat you all to pizza…your choice.” Peter offered, and Mary Jane knew exactly what he and his friends were trying to do.

“I’m getting married, Peter.” She said, and they all seemed very disappointed over Mary Jane’s refusal, bringing them all back to reality in a hard way. “You think just because you and your pals saw my play, you can butter me out of getting married?”

“We weren’t…” Jenny said, and Peter stopped her, allowing him to defend himself.

“You once told me that you loved me.” Peter told Mary Jane. “I once let things get in the way, because there was something I thought I had to do, but I don’t have to.”

“You’re too late.” Mary Jane said, much to her disappointment.

“Will you at least think about it?” Peter asked, unknowingly angering her by asking her such a question.

“Think about what? Picking up where we left off? I’ve got news for ya, tiger. We never got on! You can’t get off, if you never got on, Peter.”

“I don’t think it’s that simple.”

“Of course you don’t, because you complicate things.” Watching the two argue was very hard for Jenny, Fozzie, and Robin to watch, which was why Jenny had to step in.

“You don’t realize how different Peter is now, Mary Jane.” She said. “If you punch him, he’ll bleed just like a normal person would. You have to understand how important second chances are.” Mary Jane just looked at Jenny and then at Peter, thinking of the moments the two probably shared behind her back. And she wondered if the reason Peter wasn’t seeing her as often as he had before was because of Jenny, the “new love” of his life.

“I have to go.” She said, not wanting to let her emotions and beliefs get the best of her, as she went over to a halted taxicab and opened the rear passenger door. Before she hopped in, she had taken one last look at Peter and Jenny, paranoid thoughts still running through her mind. “It’s not just you who’s different, Peter. Everything else is, too.” And with that said, leaving Peter, Jenny, and even Fozzie and Robin confused, she went into the taxicab and left.

“Uh, I hate to bring this up at a bad time, but…are we still getting those pizzas?” Fozzie asked. “I’ll take mine with honey.”

“You know what I’ll take mine with,” uttered a muffled Rizzo, from inside Jenny’s purse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

The next day in Manhattan, the city awoke to the news of Spider-Man’s “retirement,” all because someone had found the Spider-Man costume in the trashcan. The front headline on the morning’s issue of The Daily Bugle read, “Spider-Man No More,” and even included a small article about Mickey quitting his job at The Bugle, mentioning his reasons. When Kermit heard the news about Spider-Man quitting, he was more disappointed about that than he was about Mickey quitting as well. It was enough to make him feel disappointed in himself for judging Piggy the way he did.

“What I am doing?” He told himself, after reading the article from his bedroom in the Happiness Hotel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Things were not that pleasant at the Parker household either, as Peter revealed to May what had really happened on the night that Ben Parker died, after visiting his grave in the Hunt Cemetery earlier in the afternoon. May didn’t take the revelation well at all. The only thing she had done—shortly after Peter finished his explanation—was walk away and returned to her bedroom, not saying one word. Even when he wasn’t Spider-Man, Peter’s life seemed very hard to live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Mike Tarkanian was sitting in his office at The Daily Chronicle and read the article that The Bugle had printed and released that morning. He shook his head in despair, thinking that his newspaper was finally moving one step ahead of its rival. The news on Spider-Man quitting his civic duties as New York’s greatest superhero was indeed very big news, and Tarkanian was heavily disappointed in himself for not getting it. But what made him more disgruntled was realizing that the unmasked hero was somewhere out in the city, and any of the millions of citizens there could’ve once been the web slinger. After he realized that, he reached over to the phone on his desk, dialed a number, and contacted someone who was more interested in Spider-Man’s true identity than he was.

“Listen, you’ve read the morning’s paper, right?” Tarkanian told the person. “Well, now you know why I can’t do it anymore. I can’t possibly find out who he really is, when any regular Joe out on the streets could be him.”

He’ll have to come back sometime, Tarkanian.” A strong, feminine voice spoke over the receiver, and it intimidated Mike more over the phone than it did when he met the person face-to-face. “The more people’s lives are in danger, the more he’ll crack and force himself to don that costume again.

“Even if you’re right, he’ll have to make a new one.” Tarkanian woefully contradicted. “The garbage man who found the costume went to J. Jonah Jameson and The Bugle with it. He’s probably prancing around his office with it on his raggedy, old body!”

Look, don’t worry about the stupid costume. Worry about what might become of your job and your precious newspaper, if you don’t get me the million-dollar photo of our unmasked hero!” Before Tarkanian could have responded to the woman’s threat, he heard a dial tone over the receiver. Hanging up the phone, he leaned back in his chair and let out a deep sigh, wondering how he would ever please the person he had just called.

~~~~~~~~~~~~​

“Ha! I don’t freakin’ believe it!” Shego shouted, as she sat by in an old wooden chair with a discouraged Drakken (who wanted to be really involved in Doc Ock’s restructuring of his invention, but wasn’t because of his lack of true intelligence) and read the recent issue of The Daily Bugle that mentioned Spider-Man giving up. “Check this out, Dr. D. Maybe it’ll put a smile on your face.” She tossed the paper over to Drakken, who caught it and read inside to see what was up.

“So Mickey Mouse quit his job at The Daily Bugle…so what?!” Drakken said, angrily.

“No!” Shego yelled, frustrated, and she pointed to the article that mentioned Spider-Man for Drakken, who read it and became extremely happy.

“Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! YES!!!” He screamed. “Now things are finally starting to look up! With Spider-Man handing up the old costume, we are now free to take over the…” That’s when Drakken realized something else and became discouraged again. “Oh, wait. There’s always Kim Possible and that pesky mouse in our way.”

“You’re missing the big picture as usual, Dr. D.” Shego remarked. “Without Spider-Man, Possible and the mouse don’t stand a chance against us.”

“In a matter of hours, no one will,” said Doc Ock, who was nearby the two, making the final touches on his invention by placing the main supporting structures in place. Shego and Drakken stood impressed, as they watched the partially finished product of his new and improved machine, which was remarkably larger than the first version. “Just one more little chore that we have to do, and then the world will be ours.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Harry stood in the den of his penthouse, drinking heavily while looking over several cut out articles of Spider-Man. His anger was growing more and more as he thought about the wall-crawler and the way he stood near his father’s dead body that one night. Next to that and his heavy drinking, the discovery of Kim Possible’s website being shut down didn’t help all that much, because it made him angry enough to believe that she had bailed out on her promise to help him find Spider-Man. He was all alone…at least that was what he thought, until he heard some knocking at the door. When Harry went to answer it, he was caught by surprise from an explosion that shredded his door to pieces and sent him reeling back.

“What the…?!” Harry shouted, just as he saw two glowing hands that reached up and grabbed him by the collar. Before he even had the chance to figure out what was going on, he found himself face-to-face with none other than Shego, who was joined by Drakken.

“Where’s the tritium, sweetie?” She asked, and Harry just gave her a confused look.

“What’re you talking about?!” He exclaimed. “Who are you people?!”

“That’s for you to know and for us to find out.” Drakken remarked, and he stopped for a moment, pondering over what he just said. “Wait. Is that supposed to be the other way around?”

“I’m callin’ security!” Harry threatened.

“Now, you see?” Shego said. “You’ve gone and made me upset!” Just as quick as she destroyed the door, Shego threw Harry across the room, making him land hard on the desk in his den, scattering all of the articles of Spider-Man. In mild pain, Harry reached into one of the drawers of his desk and pulled out a gun. He attempted to fire it at Shego and Drakken, just as they entered the room. But then something grabbed him by the ankle and pulled him into the balcony nearby, forcing him to drop his gun in the process. The next thing Harry knew, he was dangling in front of Doc Ock.

“Hello, Harry.” He said.

“Otto…” Harry said, “What do you want?”

“My precious tritium. I need more of it this time.”

“So the green woman and the blue man are with you?” Drakken and Shego were a little offended of the way Harry addressed them, but didn’t let it get in the way of their mission.

“Just hand us over the tritium, you little brat!” Drakken demanded.

“What are you people? Crazy?!” Harry exclaimed. “You’ll destroy the city!!”

“Where is it, Harry?” Ock asked.

“Forget it, Otto! You’re a…” Before Harry could finish, Octavius had the tentacle that was holding Osborn to position him over the edge of the balcony, dangling his body fifty feet from the street below. “ALRIGHT! ALL RIGHT! I’LL MAKE YOU A DEAL! JUST PUT ME DOWN! PLEASE!!!” With a wicked grin on his face, Ock brought Harry back over to the balcony and roughly set his body back down on the floor.

“Can’t argue with death, can you?” Drakken asked Harry, who got to his feet and glared at Drakken, Shego, and Octavius.

“Kill Spider-Man…and I’ll give you all the tritium you need.” Harry said, soon before he made a quick second decision in his deal. “On second thought…bring him here…alive.”

“Uh, haven’t you been keeping up with current events, kid?” Shego uttered. “Spider-Man quit! He hung up his costume!”

“Argh!” Drakken grunted in frustration. “How are we supposed to find someone who’s retired and gone missing?!”

“He hasn’t quit. He’s just afraid…afraid that someone like me will get to him and eventually kill him.” Harry stated, and that’s when some names popped up in his head. “Peter Parker and Kermit the Frog.”

“I beg your pardon?” Shego said, obviously confused.

“They take pictures of the freak for The Bugle.” Harry said. “Make them tell you where Spider-Man is.” And after the deal was made, Doc Ock’s tentacles clung to the side of the building and carried him away, while Drakken pressed a red button on a controller that positioned his hovercraft near the balcony and allowed Drakken and Shego to jump in and fly away. Harry made certain to include one last thing in his deal, “Don’t hurt them!” After his three “visitors” disappeared, Harry began to wonder if he was doing the right thing. Then he thought about his father and didn’t care what drastic thing he had to do, as long as he had Spider-Man’s head on a platter.

END OF CHAPTER NINE

More to come later.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I am so glad that I added Bear into this "extended cut" of the story, because he really came in good use while I had revised this next chapter, which was originally a "Muppet Free" chapter.:smile:

Chapter Ten

It was no easier being Peter Parker than it was being Spider-Man. It was hard for “the girl who can do anything” to do anything at all, when she had limited her list of things down to a minimum and found herself without anything to do on Friday nights. And Mickey…well, he was just running out of places to show Minnie around, which meant that he was running out of ways to be charming towards his one and only love.

The news that was coming all over the papers, especially the Daily Bugle, about how the crime in Manhattan was increasing up to seventy-five percent wasn’t helping much either. No matter where Kim, Mickey, or Peter went, they will always be reminded of the duties that they had given up, in order for them to live “normal” lives. But how could they consider the future, when the past kept haunting them?

On the same evening that Ock, Shego, and Drakken paid a visit to Harry, Peter had run into Mickey and Kim, as they were standing near a newsstand, staring at the recent issue of the Daily Bugle, and talking about the front headline on it. Peter was happy to have seen them there, because he could really use some friends to talk to that moment, especially ones that knew all about his secret. He was about to go over to that newsstand and walk right into the middle of their conversation, until the three of them and everyone else heard the sound of a woman screaming in Taiwanese. Just as quick as they realized that they were in the same area, the three heroes rounded a corner and came across a burning four-story apartment building.

“Oh, no!” Mickey cried, and Peter—out of a force of habit—reached up to rip open his shirt, only to realize that his Spider-Man costume was no longer underneath it, reminding him of the decision that he and his friends made. Seeing the burning building in front of him, he was about to turn away from the disaster, just as he had been for the past few days, until Kim stopped him.

“No!” She yelled. “We cannot turn away from this!”

“It’s not any of our concern.” Peter told Kim, making her very angry and disappointed in Peter. Both she and Mickey knew what they had promised, but didn’t let it break their conscience. And without saying another word, the two of them ran towards the burning building, leaving Peter behind to decide what the right thing to do was. While Mickey held back the crowd of people who once lived in the apartment (including a Taiwanese couple that was looking for their daughter), Kim stepped through the flaming entranceway.

“Is she crazy?! She’s gonna be killed!” One former resident yelled, just as Mickey addressed and calmed him down.

“It’s okay.” He said. “She knows what she’s doing.”

Seeing the way Kim had dashed into the burning building helped Peter realize that what Sean Thomas had said was the truth. Honesty, fairness, and justice were not just three of the things that defined heroes; they defined ordinary people as well. And though he was without any powers at the moment, he could still be a hero. So without making a second thought, Peter ran up to Mickey and the crowd of former residents, stopping to address one of them.

“Is anybody in there?” He asked a man.

“We think there’s a kid stuck on the second floor.” The man replied, just before Peter left his side and entered the building himself, much to the surprise of Mickey and the former residents.

“Peter! Wait!” Mickey shouted, but Peter was already inside by the time the mouse had cried out to him. The crowd that Mickey was trying so desperately to hold back was increasing in size, because there were other people in the area at the time who watched the inferno in shock.

One character that stuck out from the crowd more was Bear, who just happened to be in the neighborhood and decided to get a honey-flavored pretzel on his way back to the Tipton Hotel, where he had been staying during his time in New York City. He couldn’t believe how massive the inferno was. Fires often occurred in the peaceful area of Woodland Valley, but none of them were as large as the one that took place that evening. And even though it troubled him to do so, Bear took out his camera and started taking photos of the flaming building, remembering the discussion that he and Mike Tarkanian had before.

Meanwhile, inside the burning building, Kim had dodged several flames, as she tried desperately to find any people left inside the inferno. The dangerous atmosphere reminded her so much of old missions that she went on, and even brought back the old adrenaline rush that would course through her body while striving to accomplish her task. As she reminisced, she heard the sound of a child crying from above and realized that someone was left inside the burning building.

“Kim!!” Someone shouted, and she turned to see Peter, coming up a flight of stairs and joining her in the search. Kim knew that he would come, and she would be jumping with joy, if it were for the intense heat and smoke that surrounded them. “There’s someone on the second floor…a kid.”

“Yeah, I hear her.” Kim remarked, and she sounded to the unseen child. “Don’t be scared! We’re coming to get you!” Kim and Peter went up another flight of stairs, before they finally heard the child’s screams grow louder. They spotted a closed door nearby, which was the direction the screams were coming from. “There!!” Peter ran up to the door and shouted to the girl from outside.

“We’re coming!!” He said, and then, with all of his might, he rammed his body against the hard door, only to bring a great deal of pain to his shoulder in the process. “Ah! Okay…new plan.” Kim rolled her eyes, not wanting to get herself worked up over Peter’s lack of “spider strength.” While Peter rubbed his aching shoulder, Kim used her own strength to kick down the door. The two went inside the room, dodging more flames and burning bits of debris that showered over them as they looked for the child.

“Where is she?!” Kim yelled, just as Peter heard the screams from within a nearby closet.

“She’s in there!!” He pointed to the closet door, which Kim immediately opened and, past the hung clothing, she discovered the frightened girl.

“Shh. It’s okay. Everything’s alright.” Kim said, and while she was comforting the child, Peter reached in and picked her up. With the girl rescued, there was only the matter of escaping from the inferno left, which proved to be a challenge, with all of the flames shooting towards them.

“It’ll be impossible for us to get out of here.” Peter said, and hearing those words come out of his mouth brought a confident grin on the face of Kim.

“Impossible? Ha!” She said. “Check my name.” And when she turned to go down the hall that led to the flight of stairs, the floor gave way, leaving a huge gap between them and the flight of stairs. “I’m seriously considering changing my name now.” Peter looked left and right to see if there was any other path they could go down in, only to realize that there wasn’t. He looked back at the gap and used his intelligence (which seemed to be the only thing he had left in him) to determine the jumping range.

“We can make it.” He said, after doing the math, and Kim turned to him in surprise, wondering if he was one hundred percent certain. “Trust me.” With no other choice, Kim did just that, as she turned back to the gap. She closed her eyes and shook her head for a moment, before she reopened them and took one giant leap over the gap. She barely made it, nearly tripping over the edge on the other side. Kim turned back to Peter and smiled, urging him to go ahead and try.

“You can do it, Pete!” She said, and Peter knew that he couldn’t, but knew that he had to for the sake of the child that he was holding in his arms. Taking a few steps back and a few deep breaths, Peter braced himself for the jump of his life. Finally, he ran across the floor as fast as he could, and when he approached the edge, he jumped as high as he could. Peter soared across the air, looking as if he still had his spider abilities in him, and once his feet hit the floor on the other side, it suddenly broke away and caused him to immediately reach up and grab the edge. “Peter! Hold on!!”

“Do I have a choice?!” He cried, right before he tossed the girl to Kim, who instantly caught her and settled her down on the floor, while she attempted to help pull Peter back up.

“You’re gonna have to help me out, Pete. I’m not as strong as you…were.” Kim said, and Peter did all the best he could to ease her struggle, just as the girl that the two rescued had pitched in to help. Together, they were able to bring Peter back up to the floor and escape in time for the entire first and second floors to collapse. As soon as the two made it outside with the child, both Mickey and the Taiwanese couple were happy to see them all alive.

Mickey stopped holding the crowd back and went to the aide of Peter and Kim, who were both coughing very hard for the smoke. While he was tending to them, Bear watched the three heroes in awe, believing that they could be the big story that Tarkanian had told him about. What they had done really impressed him, and he figured it would impress Tarkanian, The Chronicle, and the rest of the world as well. The big, orange, furry reporter waited a while for things to calm down, before he went up to the heroes and got a quick interview with them.

After the fire department had arrived and were able to put out the fire, Kim and Peter were treated by some paramedics, who helped clear out their lungs of the smoke that they had accidentally breathed in. Mickey was standing near them, truly excited over their heroic deed, as they were fed clean air through an oxygen tank and mask. During their recovery, Bear had come up to them and, without giving either of them notices, took a photograph of them with his trusty camera. Its bright flash was what got their attention, as they all looked up at him.

“You guys were really impressive back there.” Bear commented, just before it dawned upon him that Mickey Mouse had been at the scene, which made his excitement grow more. “Mr. Mouse?! Oh, wow! This is really going to make Mr. Tarkanian happy!” Bear’s words confused Mickey and his friends a little.

“What do you mean?” Mickey, Kim, and Peter spotted the camera in Bear’s paws, each of them starting to realize why he was standing there in front of them and talking to them. “Are you some kind of a reporter?”

“Why, yes.” Bear replied. “I work for The Daily Chronicle. And you three and the rescue you worked so hard to pull off are going to be on the front page soon. I guarantee it!” Mickey and Kim seemed a little ecstatic to hear that. But Peter appeared to be the one who was shocked by it, not expecting his brave actions to go noticed by people all over the city when he wasn’t wearing his Spider-Man attire. It didn’t help very much either that Bear had recognized him as he realized who he was. “Hey, you’re Peter Parker! You work for The Daily Bugle!” Bear had a great big smile on his face as he addressed the worried Peter Parker. “I bet your boss, Mr. Jameson, will be really impressed to hear what you’ve done this evening.” Peter glanced over at Mickey and Kim, who were excited up to the point when they realized what the attention could do to Peter’s reputation.

“Uh…thanks.” Peter uttered. “But I really think that…” Before Peter could continue making his plea, Bear turned to Mickey and Kim, attempting to get at least a couple of quotes from them for the paper.

“So what brought an great American icon, a crime-fighting cheerleader, and an average newspaper photographer to go into a burning building?” Bear curiously asked, and Mickey and Kim looked to each other, being very careful about what they said next, because it could only make things worse for Peter.

“Well…uh…no one was around to help at the time.” Mickey began, but having some difficult finding the right words to get out. “So…we…uh…” Seeing how much trouble Mickey was having, Kim stepped in to help him out.

“Decided to take action for ourselves.” She added, wondering if what she had said was enough to cover up Peter’s identity as Spider-Man. Bear just simply nodded in amazement.

“Wow. You certainly are quite an amazing trio.” He commented. “If Spider-Man were here, that would make things just as much cool, because it would be the second time in a row that he, Mickey, and Kim would have saved the day.” Bear suddenly started to realize something interesting, as he gazed upon Peter again. “You know…it is kind of funny how the photographer who takes the best pictures of Spider-Man happens to be with the same two heroes that helped him out before, helping them in a perilous rescue.” Mickey, Kim, and Peter could not believe how observant Bear was, and they worried if he might’ve been on to them that moment. But just when it seemed so, the large, orange, furry critter only shook off the thought. “Then again, I could just be being paranoid. Working for tabloids can do that.”

Mickey let out a nervous chuckle. “Yeah, I know the feeling.”

“Well, anyways, thanks for the brief interview.” Bear said, smiling and waving at the heroes while he walked away from them. After Bear had left,
a fireman came up and congratulated Kim, Peter, and Mickey.

“You kids have got some guts.” The fireman commented, before another fireman came up to him and revealed some unfortunate news.

“Some poor soul got trapped on the fourth floor…never made it out.” The news was enough to bring down the spirits of the Kim, Mickey, and especially Peter. Had there been teamwork handled and more super-powered heroes involved, there would have been more than one resident saved that night. “You were wrong about one thing, Sean,” Peter thought, “Ordinary people can only do half of what super heroes can do.”

END OF CHAPTER TEN

I really do owe a big one for Bear in the Big Blue House for helping me be able to rewrite this entire story.

More to come soon.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Few little nitpicks here and there... But it was very interesting to see the part where the villains make a deal with Harry to bring Spidey to him for the unmasking, and then the scene with the heroes banding together to rescue the girl from the burning building.
Liking this, post more soon please.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
What are the nitpicks of the chapter, Count?

And what do you think about the additional material with Bear? It was originally the part where Kim's family came in to check on her, which I realize now was a little unrealistic, seeing as how they couldn't have known exactly where she was at the time.:smile: