The Spectacular Spidey/Muppets Celebration

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I dunno. I didn't really intend for her to seem that way. I guess all elderly women seem that way, loving and caring. Her character's based on some of my real-life aunts and grandmothers.:smile:

Yeah, I heard about that, and though a lot of people doubt if Lawrence Fishburne will pull it off, I think he's the right actor for the job. I can't believe I missed that ESPN commercial. I guess I'll try and look it up on YouTube.

Other than Fishburne being the Silver Surfer, I think it's awesome how Marvel has chosen Edward Norton to be the next Hulk.:big_grin:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Haha! Thanks, P.C.:smile: Here's another chapter from my "extended version" to "The Amazing...Sequel!"

Chapter Two

Peter Parker was riding his motor scooter over to Pete’s Diner, which was where he worked with Jenny (a pretty girl that he went to Columbia University with), Pepe the King Prawn, and Rizzo the Rat. He had stopped by the Happiness Hotel to pick up Rizzo, shortly after Kermit, Piggy, and Fozzie left for The Daily Bugle. The both of them fought against typical Manhattan traffic, as they made their way to Pete’s. However, when they crossed by a large billboard that had the gorgeous face of Mary Jane Watson on it, Peter began daydreaming, thinking about the pleasant life that he and Mary Jane could’ve shared had he chosen to be in her life. Unfortunately, he couldn’t, only because he was Spider-Man; and that was a secret that he kept not just from Mary Jane, but from the rest of the world as well.

“Yo! Yo! Peter! PETER!!!!” Rizzo screamed, and Peter snapped out of his daydream, just in time to see how he and Rizzo were riding into the path of an oncoming bus. Immediately, Peter made a left turn, moving off the street and onto the sidewalk. Several bystanders were forced to move out of the way, as Peter’s scooter zoomed past them. Nearby, Pete was standing outside his diner, looking around for any sign of Peter and Rizzo.

“Is three more minutes.” Pete murmured; his heavy Italian accent was a noticeable feature of his. “Three more minutes…and I fire those…” That’s when he saw Peter riding towards him; he held his hands up, with a stunned look on his face. “Whoa! Whoa! Parker! Stop! Stop!” Peter was able to bring the scooter to a screeching halt, causing Rizzo to fly off the front of it; he screamed, as he flew across the air and into Pete’s hands.

“Hey, thanks.” Rizzo told him. “For a second, I thought I was gonna be just another ‘Splat Rat’ on da sidewalk.”

“You’re going to be a splat rat, if you don’t get in there and tell your cousins to fix me some more burgers.” Pete said, as he gently set Rizzo down on the sidewalk.

“Just ta let you know, some of dose rats aren’t my cousins.” Rizzo said. “I barely even know dose people.”

“Is twenty rats you hire.” Pete remarked. “Twenty rats! And you only know a few?!”

“Twenty?” said Rizzo, a little confused. “I thought I hired ten!” Rizzo quickly dashed into the diner, as Peter parked his scooter to the side, chained it to a pole, and set his helmet down on the seat. Pete wasn’t too pleased with Peter’s tardiness; he was a patient man, but he was a busy one as well.

“Parker, I depend on you to be on time.” Pete said. “Even Rizzo depends on you to be on time, and he’s being coming here late long before I hired you.”

“I know, Pete.” Peter said. “I’m sorry.”

“I be sorry, too.” Pete uttered, as he and Peter walked into the diner, where a lot of satisfied customers were enjoying there meals and a lot of rats were cooking the meals, with help from a king prawn. “Yes, I be sorry on the day that I have to fire you, because you are so late.”

“It won’t happen again.” Peter assured.

“That’s exactly what you say last week.” Pete said, moving behind the counter where Pepe was, cleaning off a plate and butting into Pete and Peter’s conversation.

“Sí.” He uttered. “And jou promised de week before last week dat jou would be here two hours before de time jou’re supposed ta be here, okay.”

“When did he promise that?” Pete asked Pepe.

“Actually, it was more of a bet dan a promise.” Pepe replied. “I bet him ten dollars dat he wouldn’t be here before de time he was supposed ta arrive. And, as jou can see…” Pepe put down the plate and held up a ten-dollar bill. “I won the bet, okay.”

“That wasn’t a fair bet.” Peter said. “You knew that I wouldn’t be here on time.”

“Ah! I’m offended, Peter Parker!” Pepe said, not sounding very sincere. “How was I ta known dat jou would be late? Jou could’ve surprised me, amigo. Jou could’ve actually been here on time.”

“But I wasn’t.” Peter said.

“Jou’ve got dat right.” Pepe said, and he chuckled slyly as he walked back into the kitchen, leaving Peter feeling a little upset.

“If there’s anyone you should be firing, it’s that shrimp.” Peter told Pete.

“I am a king prawn!!” Pepe shouted, from the kitchen, and Pete shook his head in annoyance.

“I fire no one today.” Pete said. “Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.” Peter was pleased to hear that from his boss, seeing as how he had been fired from numerous jobs that he was juggling with, while taking on his responsibilities as Spider-Man. Like the job he had at Pete’s, those jobs required for him to be on time, something that the bosses take very strictly. But Peter knew from the very moment he was hired that Pete was different from his other bosses. “I believe in second chances. And though I give you several chances, I lost no faith in you yet.” Peter smiled, as Pete tossed him an apron. “Now, go fix me a cheeseburger with fries.”

Peter rolled his eyes at the order that was given to him. “The Amazing Spider-Man cooking a greasy cheeseburger with some greasy fries,” he thought with a smile. He knew that it was the worst job he could’ve taken, between going to college and fighting crime; but it was nevertheless a job that he loved coming to every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. What he loved the most about it was Jenny, whom he could not stop thinking about, ever since he first laid eyes on her during their freshman year at Columbia University. After rejecting Mary Jane, Peter wasn’t sure if he would ever fall for anyone else; but Jenny made him think differently.

“Hey, everyone.” A feminine voice said, and Peter turned his head towards the entrance, where Jenny was standing. His heart sank deeply, seeing her in a green sweater, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes. All of those thoughts about Mary Jane left his mind, whenever Jenny was around him. “How’s it goin’, Pete?”

“Not that bad.” Peter said, and Jenny chuckled as she turned to him.

“So…you were late again today?” Jenny asked, and Peter was surprised that even she knew about that, seeing as how she wasn’t there when he arrived.

“Is it that obvious now?” Peter said.

“Well, you have been tardier for work than you have for Dr. Connors’ classes.” Jenny said, and that’s when Peter was reminded of something.

“Dr. Connors’ Friday class! I missed it today!” Peter exclaimed. “What did topic did he go over?”

“The exact same topic that you’re doing your paper on: nuclear fusion.” Jenny said. “He wanted me to tell you that Dr. Otto Octavius has been doing some research on nuclear fusion and is even using it to create a miniature electricity-generating ‘sun’.” Peter was really intrigued by that particular idea.

“With the type of equipment that he has, that’s an experiment that could possibly be a true success.” Peter said.

“You think so?” Jenny asked.

“Oh, most definitely.” Peter replied. “Dr. Octavius is one of the most brilliant men in the history of science. That’s why I’m basing my paper off of his work on nuclear fusion.” Peter remembered something about Octavius that his friend, Harry Osborn, informed him. “Hey, he’s supposed to have a demonstration of his fusion machine at OsCorp tomorrow afternoon. You want to come with me?”

“Sure.” Jenny agreed, just as Rizzo passed by again.

“Nothin’ like a couple of nerds goin’ ta a ‘Snore-Fest’ on a Saturday afternoon.” Rizzo bantered, which offended both Peter and Jenny.

“You know what?” Jenny said. “Just for that, you’re coming with us.”

“Ha! Whatever!” Rizzo exclaimed, and he was about to walk off, until Jenny grabbed his tail and hung his little body in front of her face.

“I mean it, Rizzo.” Jenny said. “It’s about time you came to something more educational.”

“What’re ya talkin’ about?” Rizzo inquired. “I was once a part of somethin’ educational.”

“Oh, yeah? What?” Jenny asked, and Rizzo took a long moment to think up a time when he actually did.

“Dere was dat one time when I went ta de annual cheese festival.” He said, and Jenny gave him an unconvinced look. “Hey! I learned some educational stuff dere! Did ya know dat dere are fifty thousand types of cheeses in Guatemala?”

“You’re coming, and that’s final.” Jenny said, as she set Rizzo back down on the floor.

“It’d better be worth an hour of my time.” Rizzo said, just before he headed back into the kitchen, only to stick his head back out again to say one last thing. “And Parker had better be on time for it, too!”

“He will be, Rizzo.” Jenny said.

“How can ya be so sure?” Rizzo asked, and he looked towards Peter. “What keeps ya so busy dat ya have ta be twenty minutes late for everything anyway?”

“There are just a lot of disturbances out there, Rizzo.” Peter remarked, and as he said that, he looked down at the right pocket of his jacket, seeing how his Spider-Man mask was hanging out a little and tugging it further into the pocket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

The short-tempered editor of The Daily Chronicle, Mike Tarkanian, was much harder at work than he had usually been, only because the paper’s competition (The Daily Bugle) had been beating them since their discovery of New York’s most amazing hero, Spider-Man, two years ago. He had never screamed at his employees so much nor had he bounced so many pencils off his desk, hitting it several times in frustration. Though he and J. Jonah Jameson (The Bugle’s publisher and editor-in-chief) had been friends as long as the two have been in the field of journalism (they once worked together for one New York tabloid), they had become bitter rivals since their first job went out of business and they ended up working for two separate newspapers.

Tarkanian had been pushing his employees hard in getting a photo of Spider-Man. He couldn’t figure out how Jonah and his reporters were getting such great pictures of the web-slinger, and when he did, he was going to do whatever he can to get The Chronicle back on top as the best selling newspaper in New York City. While he was shuffling through many photos that he believed were dull and pointless, such as one of a lunatic wearing a fishbowl for a helmet and a fierce lion tamer wearing clothes made from animal skins, Tarkanian’s personal assistant (a lanky, nerdy-looking man with a hairline that was typical for a man his age—nothing on top, but something on the sides—who he addressed as “Frank”) stepped into his office. Behind Frank was what seemed like a wall of orange, fuzzy fur.

“Mr. Tarkanian?” Frank said, and hearing the sound of his voice broke the concentration Tarkanian had on the picture he was shuffling. He threw them all over his already cluttered office in frustration and glared at Frank.

“What is it?!” He exclaimed. “Can’t you see I’m in the middle of something?!” Mike banged his fists against his desk, causing at least four pencils to fly in opposite directions from it.

“I’m sorry, sir.” Frank nervously remarked. “But our newest employee just arrived.” Tarkanian looked past Frank and noticed the large, furry figure standing behind him. Curious, he gestured for Frank to bring him in, and as the Chronicle employee did, he had a very hard time getting around him in order to let him inside Tarkanian’s office. Once the large, furry figure was in, it was revealed to the Chronicle’s editor that his newest employee was a seven-foot-tall bear whose name was exactly what his species was. Tarkanian nearly fell out of his chair, as he gazed upon the colossal Muppet who smiled at him and extended one of his paws out as a friendly gesture.

“Mr. Tarkanian, my name’s Bear.” He said, while Tarkanian slowly got up from his desk and shook his new employee’s furry paw, which was twice as large as his own hand. “I come all the way from a place called Woodland Valley, which isn’t too far away from the city. We have a small newspaper business there. It’s called the Woodland Valley Gazette. That’s why I was so avid on coming here to work for The Daily Chronicle. I want to further improve my skills in journalism.”

“Y-You decided to come here.” Tarkanian could barely talk as he faced the gigantic Bear. “I’m surprised you never once thought about going to The Daily Bugle.”

“Well, with Mickey Mouse currently added to the staff, I figured I’d have a difficult time trying to fit in.” Bear said. “Besides, it feels much more cozy around here. And the smell is…” He began sniffing around the office, and then made an odd expression after he did. “Well, it’s…uh…got an unusual mixture of coffee and cigars. But it’s cozy, nonetheless.” Tarkanian was pleased to see how much Bear enjoyed the atmosphere of the crowded, hectic workspace. Yet, at the same time, he worried about how the giant Muppet would handle the job.

“Uh, well…don’t get too comfortable, Bear.” He said. “We’ve been pretty much working our tails off around here, trying to get some good photos in for the paper. Especially photos of Spider-Man.” Hearing the name of the city’s hero brought a big smile to Bear’s face. Spider-Man was one of the main reasons he had looked forward to coming to New York City.

“It sure would be exciting if I were to get a picture of him.”

“Ha! Tell me about it.” Tarkanian sat back down in his chair and placed a hand over his brow, looking tenser than he felt. “For two years, I’ve been getting my butt kicked by J. Jonah Jameson, because he has a photographer who takes the most marvelous pictures of Spidey, every single day. And what’s worst is that three of his employees used to work for me a long time ago.”

“You must be talking about Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear, and Gonzo the Great.” Bear assumed, and Tarkanian was impressed by how right he was. “They visited me and my friends once or twice back in Woodland Valley, before they became big-time stars and news reporters.” Mike seemed very captivated by that fact; but he tried not to let it distract him from his primary focus.

“Well, despite the fact that you personally met those idiots, I’m going to let you have a spot here at The Daily Chronicle.” Bear could not have been more pleased by Tarkanian acknowledging his application. Immediately, he walked around his desk and gave him a big hug, nearly choking the life out of Tarkanian.

“Oh, thank you! Thank you, Mr. Tarkanian!” Bear happily shouted, catching the attention of several employees outside the office that stopped what they were doing and stared at their boss and the tall Muppet. “I promise I won’t let you down, sir.”

“Can you at least let me breathe?!” Tarkanian said with his complexion turning a dark shade of red. Seeing the condition he was in, Bear quickly let go and allowed him to catch his breath, as he gave him his first assignment. “You can start by getting some photos of Otto Octavius’s new fusion machine. The demonstration’s tomorrow afternoon.”

“You can count on me, Mr. Tarkanian. I’ll get the job done.” Bear gleefully walked out of Mike’s office, ducking through the doorway as he left. Several of the Chronicle employees watched him curiously as he left, never seeing such a larger than life figure before. Mike watched him as well, shaking his head in disbelief as he did.

“I trade one bear for another, only this time it’s not part frog.” He said to himself. “I’m not a editor. I’m a zookeeper.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Three people in the laboratory of his home visited Dr. Otto Octavius: Harry Osborn (son of the late Norman Osborn and current businessman), Kim Possible (kung fu-fighting cheerleader/crime fighter), and Ron Stoppable (Kim’s sidekick and friend who carried around a naked mole rat named Rufus in his pants pocket). Harry had paid him a visit on behalf of his OsCorp business, who had promised Octavius a great finance in return for the success of his latest invention, while Ron and Kim were there on suspicions that the invention might be the next target for Dr. Drakken (Kim’s arch-nemesis who was constantly obsessed with world domination) and his evil “sidekick,” Shego.

“Nobel Prize, Otto.” Harry said, as he, Kim, and Ron approached Octavius and shook his hand. “Nobel Prize. We’ll all be rich.”

“It’s not about the prizes, Harry.” Octavius remarked.

“But you need money…you need OsCorp.” Harry contradicted, just as Octavius looked in the direction of Ron and Kim.

“Who do we have here?” Kim stepped forward and shook Otto’s hand. She was smart, but not as smart as her helpful 10-year-old genius friend, Wade, who provided her with much information about Otto Octavius and his experiment before her arrival. In order for her to understand Drakken’s obsession with the invention, she must know all about Octavius’s background; and what she learned impressed her.

“Kim Possible, Dr. Octavius.” She introduced herself. “My friend, Ron Stoppable, and I came here to…”

“I know. I know what you’re doing here.” Octavius interjected, seeming a little annoyed. “But I really don’t have the time to talk to students right now.”

“Oh, we’re not doing a paper on you or anything like that, Doctor.” Kim said. “We’re here for a little investigating.”

“Yeah, we think this really mean, crazy, blue-skinned scientist is gonna rip you off sooner or later.” Ron said, and Kim shot him a dirty look.

“Thank you for laying it down so well, Ron.” She had a sarcastic tone in her voice that Ron was oblivious to notice.

“Just call me ‘Mr. Interpreter’, K.P.” Kim just shook her head, as Harry began to make his way out.

“Well, if you all excuse me, I believe my job here is done, so I must get to an important board meeting right away.” He said, pointing at Octavius and grinning confidently. “Good luck tomorrow, Otto. And remember…Nobel Prize.” And as he headed out the door, he shouted one last thing, “We’ll see you in Sweden!!” Obviously, Kim, Ron, nor Octavius himself knew what Harry meant by that.

“Must be the corporate way for saying ‘Good-bye’.” Ron assumed.

“Interesting fellow that Harry Osborn, isn’t he?” Octavius said.

“He may look a little eccentric at first, but it’s understandable, considering what happened to his father a couple of years ago.” Kim stated. “We promised him that we’d get to the bottom of his mysterious death, which he blames entirely on Spider-Man.”

“But we think Spidey had nothing to do with Osborn’s death.” Ron uttered. “No way would the Amazing Spider-Man take another man’s life!”

“Well, I wish you the best of luck on your investigation on that matter.” Octavius remarked. “But as far as the one that involves me and my experiment goes…”

“Yes.” Kim said. “We promise that we won’t take much of your time, sir.” Ron’s attention moved away from Octavius and towards his machine at the other side of the room, which he found very fascinating.

“Whoa! Is this it? Is this what we’re keeping Drakken from stealing?”

“I believe so.” Octavius said.

“What does it do?” Ron asked.

“Hopefully, it’ll allow me to initiate and sustain fusion.” Octavius replied, as he moved to where the scientists and technicians that he hired for his experiment were working hard on his invention.

“A friend of ours told us that you use harmonics as the atomic frequencies.” Kim informed.

“Sympathetic frequencies.” Octavius said. “Harmonic reinforcements…an expediential increase in energy output. A huge amount of energy. Like a perpetual sun providing renewable power for the entire world.”

“It all sounds Greek to me.” Ron commented.

“Fortunately for you, Ron, the only language you’re familiar with is somewhere between ‘Bueno’ and ‘Nacho’.” Kim joked.

“Which reminds me…I’m hungry,” Ron said. “Do we have time to make one quick stop to you-know-where?”

“Ron! Get your head in the game!” Kim exclaimed. “We’re here to help Dr. Octavius keep his invention safe from you-know-who.”

“I’d just relax, if I were you kids.” Octavius suggested. “Even if this Drakken could get his hands on it, he couldn’t stabilize the fusion reaction like I can.”

“I guess you’re right, Doctor.” Kim admitted. “Drakken can barely even tie his own shoes more less control the power of a sun. If an amateurish lunatic like himself got a hold of a machine like this, who knows how much of the city or even the world he will blow up!”

“And if he knows what’s good for him, he’ll stay away from it.” Octavius said, and the assured smile on his face told Kim that their services at his laboratory wasn’t needed.

“Well, I guess we can be on our way.” Kim said. “But if you encounter any trouble at all, you can use this.” She handed him a communication device that was similar to her “Kimmunicator.” “If you wanna reach me, just call me and beep me on that.”

“I appreciate it, Miss Possible.” Octavius said. “But I’m sure that my security system will keep any intruders from coming in here.” Despite his assurance, Kim still felt a little unsure about leaving Octavius, his wife, and his invention alone, without any human security keeping watch. Not the one to argue with someone as confident and brilliant as Otto Octavius, Ron and Kim left the premises, but not long before receiving a call from Wade.

“What up, Wade.” Kim responded.

Spidey’s out and about tonight on the streets of Manhattan, and I’ve got a center on his location.” Wade informed, and Kim & Ron smiled at each other for completely different reasons (Kim pleased of the new opportunity for getting some answers, and Ron pleased for the new chance at meeting Spider-Man).

“Where is he?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Harry walked out of Otto’s home feeling more giddy than he did when he came in. He made a few skips as he walked to the limousine that he came in with an associate of his, while another limousine pulled up next to it. When Harry was near the passenger side door to the limousine, he noticed the other limousine and stared at it awkwardly, wondering if Octavius was making any other deals with different companies. Harry’s driver was about to open the door for him, until he gestured for him to stop and let him stand outside the limo long enough to see the driver of the other one step out and open the door for Rachel Bitterman, who smiled at Harry as she got out.

“Harry Osborn!” Rachel exclaimed, walking over to Harry and giving him a brief hug. “My how you have grown these past couple of years!” Harry didn’t once pretend as if he didn’t know who Rachel was or act like he wasn’t confused.

“Have we met before?” He asked her, and she chuckled, thinking he was making some kind of a joke.

“Oh, don’t tell me you don’t remember your father’s old business partner.” Rachel saw the puzzled expression on Harry’s face and seemed rather annoyed by it. Despite her annoyance, she didn’t drop her kindness act and retained the “friendly” smile on her face. “Rachel Bitterman…of Bitterman Bank and Development?” Her first two clues didn’t help him catch on. “My business helped fund the technology necessary for him to create a new super solider for the U.S. military.” After that last clue, Harry started to remember a little about Rachel, only because his father mentioned so much about his last project before his death.

“Right. Now it’s coming to me.” He said with a smile that was just as phony as Rachel’s. “My father did bring your name up a few times. It was nice to know someone believed in his work.” The smile on Rachel’s face faded, much to her relief, as they got on the subject of Norman Osborn.

“Your father was a very good man, Harry. We’ve been missing him very much at Bitterman Bank and Development.” Harry’s smile faded from his face as well. Thinking about his father made him feel gloomy and vengeful (his vengeful emotions made him think of Spider-Man). But Harry didn’t want to feel that way, especially not with such high hopes in Otto Octavius’s invention for the OsCorp company.

“Well, the feeling’s mutual.” His smile returned to his face, as he made an attempt to cut their meeting short. “I appreciate your kind words during this ‘wonderful’ reunion, Ms. Bitterman. But I have to be going now.” He was about to gesture for his driver to open the door for him, until he remembered to say one more thing to her. “Oh, and if you plan on seeing Otto Octavius right now for whatever reason, I think you might want to reschedule your meeting, because he’s very busy getting everything prepped up for tomorrow’s demonstration.”

“Actually, Harry…I didn’t come to see Octavius.” Rachel said her words very quickly to keep Harry standing where he was long enough to tell him the real reason she was there. “I came here to see you.” Once she had told him that, Harry had become more cautious and bewildered of her presence than he was earlier on in their meeting. “I came to warn you about Octavius himself.”

“What about him?” Harry curiously asked.

“This fusion machine of his…it’s gonna bomb. Big time!” Rachel said, and her words made Harry chuckle a little, bringing him to believe that Rachel Bitterman was no more than a crazy businesswoman. “I’m serious, Harry. Look, the best thing for you to do is forget all about Otto Octavius and let me help you get your father’s super solider project back on track.”

“Ms. Bitterman, I really think you should go back home and get some well-deserved rest.” Harry gestured for his driver to open the door for him. After he did, Harry hopped into the backseat, still looking at Rachel and smiling at her. “I really think someone your age could use a good nap.” Harry’s last comment made Rachel really furious, as she watched his driver close the door, hop in the front seat, and drive away with him. She glared at the rear of the limousine, which had the word “OsCorp” printed on the license plate, just below its bumper.

“Someone my age is just the remedy you need to get your life back on track, Harry Osborn.” Rachel murmured to herself. “You’ll realize that as soon as you have nothing left…but Spider-Man.” Rachel walked back to her limousine, her heels clicking rapidly as she vigorously moved towards it. As soon as she was inside, the driver closed her door and got into the front, driving her away from the neighborhood. Neither her nor her driver noticed Kim and Ron being carried off the roof of Otto Octavius’s home by a small, purple helicopter.

END OF CHAPTER TWO

Stay tuned. There's more to come.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully liked it Sean. BTW: On the news front...
Looks like Manhattan Melodies 2 will have some competition on the theater stage from that webhead who they've been helping or who's been helping them as well.
Yes, get ready for Jacobsj to post a thread about it in the General Discussion section of the forums... Spider-Man the Musical!
They've gotten a bigshot Tony award director to helm the production and music and lyrics coming from the pens of U2.

There's also a general review of Spidey-3 up at www.filmforce.com, it gives some insight as to what happens in the movie without spoiling much of it though. Give it a read if you're interested.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Can't wait to see how that musical comes out.:smile: Here's another chapter from the "extended cut" to the second crossover.

Chapter Three

The busiest time in Manhattan was at night; the streets were crowded with several different cars and people were walking down the sidewalks, either talking to each other or talking to people at a different location over a cell phone. There were a lot of people out that evening, each attending the premiere of a play that Mary Jane Watson was starring in called “The Importance of Being Earnest” at the Henson Performance Center. Kermit the Frog and Mickey Mouse were attending as well, going on a double date with Miss Piggy and Minnie Mouse. Fozzie was playing the role of chauffeur and driving them around in his “repaired” Studebaker. Unfortunately, they were stuck in heavy traffic at the time.

“Hey, why don’t we forget about the play and head somewhere else?” Mickey suggested.

“Like where, Mickey?” Minnie asked.

“Well, uh, how about somewhere like…”

“The Muppet Theatre!” Kermit blurted out, and though the expression on Mickey’s face might’ve said how much he agreed with that idea, he actually felt a little discouraged.

“Well, I was going to say my club, House of Mouse,” He said, “But the Muppet Theatre sounds like a much better place to go to this evening instead.”

“Oh, but moi thinks the House of Mouse would be marvelous place to go to tonight.” Miss Piggy said, and Kermit looked over at her in surprise, thinking about when she started wanting to go to Mickey’s club rather than the Theatre.

“Well, I think it would be nice to go to the Muppet Theatre, considering that I’ve never had the opportunity to go there before.” Minnie said, taking Mickey by surprised, as the mouse thought of the same thing the frog had, only vice versa.

It was very quiet in the Studebaker for a long time, as the four characters sitting in the backseat just stared at one another, thinking different things about the other. It wasn’t so much as tension that was coming over the scene, because they were all good friends and just wanted to see that each got the entertainment that they deserved that evening. However, due to the news about Mickey becoming the new Daily Bugle reporter along with Donald and Goofy, it seemed as if there could’ve been a tiny sense of paranoia. Most of it was coming from Kermit, who worried if the mouse’s sudden appliance would interfere with his chance of getting enough money to pay off the foreclosure and keep the Happiness Hotel.

The silence was suddenly broken once the group heard the sound of police sirens close nearby. Each of them stuck their heads out of the window, just in time to see a wild car chase happening on the streets. A stolen convertible was slamming into other vehicles, as the thieves desperately attempted to get away from the police. They fired their guns at the three cars and were able to get one of them off the street by shooting out one of the tires, causing the car to drive over a sidewalk and crash into an old pawn shop.

“Oh, my goodness!” Minnie exclaimed. “Maybe it’s a good idea to just stay home this evening!” Mickey, after witnessing the wild car chase occur before his very eyes, suddenly jumped out of the Studebaker, much to the surprise of his friends. “Mickey! Get back in here this minute!”

“What’re you doing?!” Kermit asked, and Mickey stopped and stood on the sidewalk, turning to his friends with a determined look on his face.

“I’ll be right back.” That was all that the mouse had said, before he ran down the sidewalk and rounded a corner, leaving his friends totally bewildered. After rounding that corner, Mickey looked around carefully and disappeared into a dark alleyway that was momentarily brightened by a colorful array of lights, soon before a red and blue blur flew out of the alleyway and into the skies, camouflaged by the wonderful New York City lights.

Meanwhile, the remaining squad cars kept on with the chase, forcing the thieves into reloading their weapons and continue firing at them. They barely noticed a formally dressed Peter Parker, who was riding his scooter and on his way to see Mary Jane’s play, as they headed right towards him. Thanks to his trusty spider-sense, Peter was able to leap off of his scooter in time for the thieves to run over it instead of him. His body had flipped right over the stolen convertible and landed back on the concrete after it had passed. Unfortunately, his acrobatic display caught the attention of two bystanders: a brown-haired, 10-year-old boy and his blue imaginary friend.

“Whoa!” The blue imaginary friend exclaimed, and Peter turned to them, realizing what he had just done and seeming very agitated about it. “How did you do that?” Peter stood up straight and smiled at the two bystanders, thinking up an excuse that only someone as young as the two bystanders were would believe.

“Uh…work out…plenty of rest…you know, eat your green vegetables.” And the boy and his imaginary friend instantly believed him.

“Hey, isn’t that what your mom always telling you, Mac?” The blue imaginary friend asked his companion.

“Yeah,” He remarked. “I just never actually believed her.”

“Let’s get to your house right now and gorge ourselves with broccoli and celery, man!!!” The two young bystanders, excited over the notion that Peter had provided them with, immediately fled the scene, leaving Peter’s other identity still kept safe from the public. He afterwards ran away himself, finding someplace dark and untraceable to “transform” into that other identity of his. However, the area that he eventually found wasn’t too untraceable, if Wade Load was able to detect Peter’s body heat from an infrared screen on his computer, keeping Kim up to date on Spider-Man’s whereabouts, while the wild police chase had continued on the streets of Manhattan.

“Get those pigs off our butts!!” The driver of the stolen convertible shouted in frustration.

“What do you think I’m trying to do?!?!” One of the thieves remarked.

“From what it looks up here, just wastin’ bullets!” The driver exclaimed, just before something or someone landed on the hood of the convertible, putting a big dent in it, and grinned at the driver. It was Mickey Mouse, wearing his famous outfit from Fantasia (a blue, starry sorcerer hat and a cheery red robe) instead of the tuxedo that he was originally wearing for the evening.

“Mind if I check under the hood?” He said, and the surprised driver immediately took out his gun and aimed it at him. Mickey gasped, as he leaped out of the way, just as the driver fired two bullets into the windshield and shattered it. The thieves saw Mickey the Sorcerer’s Apprentice flying over their heads, and it really freaked them out.

“What the #%@! is goin’ on here?!” The driver yelled, just before Mickey landed on the street, several feet ahead of the speeding convertible, and planted his hands on the concrete. He used his sorcery to create a gigantic bump in the street. The driver of the stolen convertible saw the bump and panicked; he swerved the car around it and nearly ran over Mickey, who was able to leap away in time. The mouse kept his eyes on the squad cars, as one of them swerved around the large bump, while the other lost control of his vehicle and made his car go over the bump and fly across the air. Mickey reacted in shock, noticing how the squad car was falling towards a group of bystanders.

“NO!!!” Mickey exclaimed, and the bystanders ducked, when the flying vehicle was only a few feet away from them. But, after a while, the bystanders noticed how the vehicle hadn’t squished them, leaving them a little puzzled. They looked up to see how the squad car was caught in a large spider web that was made between two poles. Mickey blinked in surprise; to him and everyone else, the web had come out of nowhere. That was when Spider-Man swung his way through the scene and over the cheering bystanders. It was obvious that Mickey didn’t appreciate Spidey’s company. Now that the mouse had turned into a crime-fighter by night, the web-slinger proved to be a bit of competition to him.

“I spotted this chase first, Spidey!” Mickey said, just before he flew across the air at an incredibly fast rate, catching up with Spider-Man, as he dodged several bullets that were being fired at him by the thieves. With their attention distracted on Spider-Man, Mickey landed on the trunk of the convertible and used his magic to hurl the guns out of the thieves’ hands and then their bodies out of the convertible, placing them high above the ground on a nearby streetlight.

Mickey smiled confidently at both the frightened thieves, who were clutching tightly on the streetlight, and Spider-Man, as he climbed into the driver’s seat of the convertible. The mouse was very surprised to see how the web-slinging superhero was driving the convertible instead of doing his usual web swinging. But he was angrier over Spider-Man interfering in his moment of heroism than he was surprised.

“Hey!” Mickey angrily shouted, as he climbed in the backseat. “This was my beat, Spidey! It was my opportunity to save the day…or, uh…night!” While he and Spider-Man were riding in the car, several drivers passing through them gazed at the both of them awkwardly, wondering why Mickey Mouse and Spider-Man were riding through the streets of Manhattan in a convertible that had several dents and bullet holes all over it.

“Look, I appreciate the help, Mr. Mouse.” Spidey cordially said. “But it’s best to leave the heroics to the professionals.” Mickey was truly offended by Spidey’s remark, becoming much angrier than he was before.

“Now you look here! I’ve been doing heroic deeds longer than you’ve learned how to spell ‘Some Pig’ in your webbing!” Mickey retorted. “I’m not going to just sit here and listen to your…” Though his masked face wasn’t showing it, Spidey became highly irritated over Mickey’s complaints. He made the quick decision of turning his body around and pulling Mickey’s hat over his whole head, blinding him and muffling his high, squeaky voice. While Mickey was trying to pull his hat off from his large head with much difficulty, Spidey removed his mask and revealed the true face of Peter Parker, who grinned as he watched the mouse’s struggle in the backseat.

~~~~~~~~~~​

Inside the Henson Performance Center, Kermit and his friends (Piggy, Minnie, Fozzie, Robin, Scooter, Donald, Goofy, Jenny, Pete, and The Electric Mayhem) were sitting together through one single row inside the theatre, while watching Mary-Jane Watson perform her play on stage. They was sitting pretty close to the stage where Mary-Jane could clearly see them, and she often looked towards their direction, only to see if Peter was joining them. However, the seats that Peter and Mickey should have been sitting in weren’t filled that evening, much to the disappointment of both Mary Jane and Minnie.

“Hey, Uncle Kermit.” Robin whispered. “Where are Mickey and Peter? Aren’t they supposed to be here by now?” Kermit wished he could have given his nephew a straight answer to his question, but he had no clue where either of the two characters had run off to in the middle of the evening.

“They’re just running late, Robin.” Kermit replied with a sigh. “Really late.” He heard a deep sigh that had come from Minnie Mouse, who seemed very worried about the safety of the love of her life, especially after witnessing the wild police chase. The fact that Kermit and Piggy snuggled cozily next to her made Kermit feel more uncomfortable than usual, because neither she nor Mary-Jane had their special men accompanying them or supporting them in the audience.

Meanwhile, Donald and Goofy were sitting in seats that were amongst the Electric Mayhem band, and neither of them could get the play that they were watching. They all felt very uncomfortable in the formal attire that they were wearing for the evening, which didn’t help their confusion over the play very much.

“Does anybody even know what’s happenin’ right now?” Dr. Teeth curiously asked, and Goofy, Donald, and the other members of the band tried their best to figure out just that.

“Well, uh…I think the feller holdin’ the teacup thinks the character that Miss Watson’s playin’ isn’t being honest with her.” Goofy assessed.

“Really?” Floyd surprisingly remarked. “Because I thought he was proposing to her. Why else would he get down on one knee?”

“He was looking for his contact lense.” Donald told Floyd, while Janice seemed a little bored and frustrated at the same time.

“Like, it’s really hard to know what’s going on with all of the funky dialogue and thick accents.” She said, before Animal lost total control from the boredom.

“BORING! BORING! BORING!!” Animal yelled, and Floyd tugged on his chain, silencing him before any of the ushers in the building threw them out. The actors on the stage momentarily stopped acting after hearing Animal’s wild rant, and the people sitting around the group were staring at them strangely.

“It’s okay, people.” Floyd yelled in the midst of the awkward silence. “He’s ‘theatrebroken’.” The band, Donald, and Goofy laughed over Floyd’s joke, while Kermit just lowered in his seat and shook his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~​

Outside the Henson Performance Center, Bobo the Bear was the security officer on patrol that evening outside the theatre. As he was keeping watch over the premises, he was making himself a nice jalapeno, honey, and peanut butter sandwich, while humming the Muppets Tonight tune. Soon after he finished making his sandwich, he was about to take a big bite out of it, until he was distracted by the sudden appearance of a partially wrecked convertible that was driven by Peter Parker, who was dressed back in his formal attire again. However, Peter’s clothes were uneven; his tie was not straight and pulled up all the way and the laces on his right shoe were untied. He clearly looked unfit to be there.

“Whoa. Talk about making an entrance.” Bobo uttered, as he watched Peter jump out of the convertible, leaving behind Mickey Mouse, who was still struggling to get his hat off his head. As Peter headed up the entrance to the Center, Bobo approached him, doing his civic duty as a security officer. “Hold it! Hold it there, chief!” Peter looked at Bobo strangely, not just wondering why he was stopping him, but why he was even a security officer. “I can’t let ya in, unless you move your vehicle.”

“But I’m late for the show as it is.” Peter told Bobo.

“I’m sorry. You just can’t stroll on up here in your vehicle…or, uh…what’s left of it anyways…and expect me to pretend like it’s not in a parked zone.” Bobo stated. “If you let it here, I’m gonna have to tow it.” Peter didn’t have time to be threatened over something that wasn’t even his, especially from a bear.

“Whatever.” He uttered, before storming through the entrance doors.

“Alright then. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya.” Bobo said, and as he walked towards the convertible to write up a ticket for it, Mickey was able to get his sorcerer hat off of his head and see where exactly he was. To say Bobo was surprised to see him sitting there, dazed and confused, would be an understatement. “Mickey Mouse?! I…I…I had no idea this was your car, sir! Boy, it is a real honor to meet ya. Hey! Would you like a bite of my sandwich?” Mickey was barely even paying attention to Bobo, as he jumped out of the vehicle and looked around rapidly.

“Where is he? Where’s Spider-Man?!” He furiously asked.

“You know Spider-Man?” Bobo remarked, his surprise growing immensely. “Hey, do ya think you could get me an autograph? I’m a really big fan of his work.” Hearing that comment from Bobo made the mouse more upset. He gave him a dirty look right before he dashed away from the scene, disappearing down another dark alleyway and leaving Bobo feeling guilty about what he had said. “Guess I won’t be getting that autograph then?”

Meanwhile, inside the Center, Peter was coming up to the doors that led inside the theatre, which were being guarded by a monkey wearing a red vest, a black tie, and a white shirt that went by the name of Sal Minella. Sal was eating a fresh banana as he noticed Peter walk into the building. He didn’t hesitate to let him know how unfitting he looked for the occasion.

“You might want to fix your tie there, kid.” Sal said, and Peter noticed how his tie didn’t look very straight, fixing it right away. “And you probably want to do something about that shoelace, too.” Peter looked down and felt really embarrassed that his shoe wasn’t tied properly. He gave Sal a sheepish smile as he bent down to tie it. By the time Peter looked perfect enough to go in and see the play, Sal was finished with his banana, throwing the peel down on the floor. After all he did to make sure he looked good, Peter found it a little weird how the monkey would just throw a banana peel on the floor. Then again, Sal was a monkey.

“Thanks for helping me.” Peter said, and he was about to head up the doors until Sal held his hand up and stopped him in his tracks. “Oh, no. Not again.”

“May I help you?” Sal asked, before Peter pulled out the ticket that he bought for the show.

“I’m here to see the play.” Peter replied, and Sal let out a small chuckle.

“I’m sorry, buddy. But these doors must remained closed once the show’s started.” Sal informed, before he waved his hairy arms around and wiggled his fingers at the same time. “It helps maintain the illusion.” Peter just looked at the monkey strangely.

“Uh…right. Well…Miss Watson, one of the actresses in the play, told me to come here.”

“Then I guess you should’ve been on time.” Sal gave Peter a smug look as he said that, and Peter was very offended by it and the sarcastic way the monkey-usher was talking to him. He started to raise his voice a little as he continued addressing him.

“Look, I’m sure you could…” Though Sal didn’t appreciate the way Peter was raising his voice to him, Sal kept calm for the sake of his part-time job and shushed Peter, while indicating a sign that read, “Please keep quiet while play is in progress.” “Can’t you just please let me…?” It obviously didn’t take much to make the short-tempered simian upset, because he immediately went off on Peter, as soon as he made another attempt to get in.

“LOOK, BUDDY!! IF THE SIGN SAYS, ‘KEEP QUIET’, IT MEANS KEEP QUIET!!!!!!!!” Sal screamed loud enough for everyone inside the theatre and even outside the building, where Bobo had stopped writing his ticket long enough to see what was going on. “NOW GET ON OUTTA HERE, BEFORE YOU MAKE JOHNNY AND ME REALLY UPSET!!!!!!!!!”

“Who’s Johnny?” Peter curiously inquired.

“GET OUTTA HEREEEEEE!!!!!!!!” Sal had pushed Peter through the entrance doors and left him stumbling on the sidewalk, right in front of Bobo. He looked up at the bear that was playing the role of security guard that evening, as he just shook his head in pity.

“See what being late can do to ya?” Bobo said, just before he tore the ticket from his notepad and handed it to a frustrated Peter Parker. “You have a good evening.” Bobo went right back to his post and took a large bite out of his sandwich, while Peter got to his feet and walked down the sidewalk. When he came through a nearby alleyway, he decided to take the stress off of his mind by doing some web swinging. Going down the alleyway, he walked in as Peter Parker, but within a matter of seconds, he was crawling up a wall as a Spider-Man. When he reached the rooftop of a nearby building, he shook his head over the unusual events that occurred that evening.

“Man! What a night.” He uttered.

“Tell me about it.” Someone said, and a surprised Spidey turned his attention behind him, where the voice came from, and noticed a determined Kim Possible and an excited Ron Stoppable standing on the rooftop with him. “Hello, Spidey.”

“Hello, strange-girl-and-boy-who-I-never-met-before-in-my-entire-life.” Spidey sarcastically remarked.

“I can’t believe I’m standing on the same rooftop with the Spider-Man!!” Ron exclaimed.

“Hey, it’s just ‘Spider-Man’, kid.” Spidey said. “There is no ‘the’.” Kim looked to Ron and attempted to snap Ron out of his fan boy attitude, which was her mistake, considering how Spider-Man took the chance to swing away from the rooftop, without being seen. But Rufus, who stuck his head out of Ron’s pocket in time to notice and alert Kim and Ron, saw him.

“What?” Kim said, and when she saw Spidey swinging across the rooftops, she couldn’t help but to get a little furious about her foul up. “Aww, man!!!” She started using her own acrobatic skills to jump from one rooftop to another, while Ron stayed where he was, not wishing to tempt fate.

“Right behind ya, K.P.!” He shouted, while looking over the edge to see how far down the drop was. “Way behind ya.”

Kim kept jumping over rooftops, desperately pursuing Spider-Man, as he swung away from her. But the chase had come to a surprising halt once Spider-Man reached over the rooftop of the Happiness Hotel and suddenly lost control of his web shooting. The hero screamed in terror, while Kim stopped on the rooftop of a tall building next to the Hotel and watched him fall towards its roof. Spidey’s body crashed through the Happiness Hotel’s roof, as well as several floors of the building, surprising Pops (who was talking to someone on the phone in the lobby).

“I’ll call ya back.” Pops said, soon after Spider-Man fell through the roof and landed with a hard thud on the lobby floor. While Spidey was slowly getting to his feet, obviously in serious pain from the fall, Pops hung up the phone and took out a pen and notepad. “Now then, Mr. Spider-Man…how’re you fixin’ to pay? Your choices are: A) Credit card, B) Cash, C) Sneak out in the middle of the night, and—our newest one—D) Say yer from Sesame Street and haven’t gotten the chance to count yer money yet.”

Spider-Man didn’t really pay that much attention to Pops, because he was more focused on the sudden pain his back and the reason he had lost control of his web slinging. He walked through the front door of the Happiness Hotel and disappeared down an alleyway, not seeing how Kim Possible was still standing from the other rooftop and keeping a careful eye on him while talking to Wade over her Kimmunicator.

And he just fell?

“Yeah. It was just like he didn’t have any more left to shoot.”

But that’s impossible! Spider-Man’s webbing is organic! There’s no way he can just run out like that!

“Unless he actually has the equipment to make his own web-shooters.” Kim had stopped talking for a moment, once she noticed how Spider-Man had removed his mask and revealed his Peter Parker identity. Anxious to know whom the hero really was, she used her Kimmunicator to zoom in on Peter’s face and take a photo. “Wade, I’m sending you a pic and I want you to tell me who this guy is.” After sending the photo to Wade, the boy genius loaded it up on his computer and immediately got the information Kim wanted, reading it over to her afterwards.

His name is Peter Parker.” Kim had heard the name before, mostly because she always read issues of the Daily Bugle that she always caught her father reading beforehand.

“The photographer? He’s Spider-Man?!”

Apparently so.

“No way! It’s gotta be some kind of jip!”

If it was, Kim, do you really think an ordinary man could’ve survived a fall like the one you described to me?” Kim thought about what Wade just said and realized that he had a point. But she still couldn’t believe the direction that her investigation was taking, seeing as how she had finally discovered the true identity of Spider-Man.

END OF CHAPTER THREE

Stay tuned. There's more to come. A lot more.:wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
April: With only a week away from the release of Spider-Man 3, we are coming very close to the release of the third Spidey/Muppets crossover as well. This year has definitely proven to be a great one for comic book fans. But it's also been a marvelous one for fans of some of the most prominent cartoons aired on television today. With me here now is the star of Ben 10 and one of additional characters featured in the next crossover, Ben Tennyson. How are you, Ben?

Ben: Well, as everyone says on the "set" of this new story, I'm doing marvelous, Miss O'Neil.

April: You're pretty much new to this whole crossover thing. How does it feel being part of a fanfic starring the lovable Muppets?

Ben: Well, I can't say that I'm a fan of them, 'cause I'm not.

April: Oh, really? That's a bit of a surprise.

Ben: No offense. They're really cool characters. It's just that my cousin, Gwen, loves them a lot. And, well...if you've ever seen our show, we don't exactly see eye-to-eye on things.

April: So you're basically just in the fanfic for the chance to fight alongside Spider-Man?

Ben:*laughs* You bet I am! Spidey rocks!

April: That'll definitely seem like the case when that musical gets out. *chuckles* But, on a serious note, your role in the story seems to be directed towards the storyline involving the symbiote, C.O.V.N.E.T., Gonzo the Great, Lilo & Stitch, and the villain known as Venom.

Ben: Yeah, I pretty much do my "hero thing" in the story, helping my Grandpa Max confront something that he helped that C.O.V.N.E.T. group take down years ago, only for it to come back in present time. *fools with the Omnitrix* I think I can whip Venom's butt with one of my hero buddies. Say....

(Ben hits his watch and there is a light green flash of light. Heatblast suddenly appears.)

Heatblast: If I wanna scorch him right off the planet, I'd do it as Heatblast!

April: Oh, wow. *fans herself with her notecards* Now that's really hot!

Heatblast: Or....

(Heatblast suddenly transforms into Four-Arms.)

Four-Arms: If I really like to do some serious damage on Symbiote-Breath, I'll go Four-Arms on him!!

April: Just be careful not to do too much damage. A lot of money was put into the creation of this forum.

(Four-Arms transforms into Stinkfly.)

Stinkfly: So, when it comes down to it...*transforms*

Grey Matter: No matter which alien hero I choose...*transforms*

Diamondhead: You can be certain of one thing...*transforms*

XLR8: Ben 10 is going...*transforms*

Cannonbolt: To kick the living...*transforms*

Wildmutt: RRARGH! ARGRHGH!!! *transforms*

Wildvine: Out of Venom....*transforms*

Ghostfreak: And all the other bad guys....*transforms*

Ben: In the third Spidey/Muppets crossover.

April:*amazed* Wow. That sure is some arsenal of heroes you have there, Ben. Hope to see all of them in the story. And hopefully by now you've learned the vital lesson given from another great person named Ben.

Ben: Oh, yeah. "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility!" Ever hero should know that.

April: That's very much true. *back on topic* So what can you tell us about working with characters like Gonzo the Great, Rizzo the Rat, and the characters from Lilo & Stitch, as you all become intertwined in the black suit plot?

Ben: Other than the fact that Gonzo is as weird as an eleventh finger, Rizzo eats way more than my newest alien hero, and those Lilo & Stitch characters are....well...nothing like the Tennysons, I have to say that it's been interesting having them help me stop the symbiote threat.

April: I hear that you get to visit the Muppets' new Boarding House in this story.

Ben: Those were the coolest parts to the story. That house is so large, it's hard to believe that they can fit so many Muppets in it. But we do more than just visit the place. We use it as a hideout for monitoring the location and activities of the symbiote. At least, that's what Grandpa told me in the story.

April: But wouldn't "The Rust Bucket" be a good place to do all of that?

Ben: When you work with guys that are as stubborn as the ones from C.O.V.N.E.T., you have to do things the hard way.

April: I see. Well, it'll be interesting to see what things they'll force you Tennysons to do. Not to mention the characters from Ryan's story, "Old Friends Who've Just Met", who we've learned recently will be joining you all in the hunt for the symbiote.

Ben: Now that you've mentioned those guys, I gotta admit that they're the most weirdest characters I've been forced to work with. Every time I stare at them, my eyes start to hurt. I dunno. It must be their bright colors. And they argue constantly, too. I mean who wants to be around people that bicker all of the time?

(Gwen Tennyson passes through.)

Gwen:*shouts* Ben! You forgot to put the toilet seat down in "The Rust Bucket" again! I NEARLY FELL IN!!!

Ben:*shouts as she leaves* Well, that should teach ya to look before you sit, doesn't it?

(April stares at Ben awkwardly and then focuses back on the interview.)

April: Uh...so, what's this I hear about a new alien hero appearing in the story?

Ben:*caught by surprise* How did you find out about that?

April:*smiles* I have my ways.

Ben: Well...uh...can't tell ya. It'll be spoiling if I did. All I can say is that it's an alien hero who no one would've expected in a million years.

April: Let's just hope it's not Venom himself.

Ben:*nervously* Uh...yeah...that would sure be a nightmare, wouldn't it?

April: Well, hey, it's been great talking with you, Ben. And I can't wait to see you and your alien heroes in the Fantastic Four/Muppets sequel as well.

Ben: Why, thanks, Miss O'Neil. Now, if you excuse me, it's HERO TIME!!

(There's a bright green flash and then Ben disappears.)

April: The cast of Ben 10 joins in on the marvelous adventure that awaits us a week from now, as "The Spectacular" (the third Spidey/Muppets crossover) comes to Muppet Central! Stay tuned, ladies and gentlemen. There's a lot more to come.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? "Most weirdest" should be "weirdest".
And wasn't Upgrade missing from that interview? Not familiar with Diamondhead nor Wildvine. The new hero, that a reference to the episode from this past week with Xilene? Oh, and "hero buddies" should never be mentioned near Ben, that was the work of two cartoonists ripping off his alien heroes for their own profits.
Just a few tips. have a good night.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good chapter, love the extra stuff. You might want to read your own stuff after writing it to catch any errors like sentences that don't make sense or sentences that contain information already stated previously. Another little tip, the character's name is Sal Manilla.
Oh, and though I rully want to skip it, I'll be watching Power Rangers in Space tomorrow to answer whatever questions you may have as it's a crossover episode that might be of interest to your future endeavors.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
And wasn't Upgrade missing from that interview? Not familiar with Diamondhead nor Wildvine. The new hero, that a reference to the episode from this past week with Xilene?
Yeah, I made a reference to Upchuck (the newest hero featured in this past Saturday's episode), but he's not the new hero in Ben's Omnitrix, who's going to make his first appearance in the upcoming story, that I was referring to.:wink: And, yes, Upgrade was missing, but on purpose.

Another little tip, the character's name is Sal Manilla.
Thanks for the tip, Count.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Sean... Remember that crossover I mentioned? Well, it was today's episode of PRG: Power Rangers in Space, Season/Serie 6. And I'm ready to answer whatever questions you may have from said episode. It featured the Power Rangers Space team going up against the team of... TMNT. Yes, those sewer dwellers popped up and became villainous, for a while. Like I said, can talk to you should you want to know more about this episode. Have a good day.