The Spectacular Spidey/Muppets Celebration

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Whee!! Thanks again for posting this muppetwriter! I can't wait to see the interview with Butch and Clyde! :big_grin:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Kermit: Hi-ho! Kermit the Frog here back to interview more characters from the third Spidey/Muppets story. If you've finished reading "Old Friends Who've Just Met", the special story here on "The Spidey/Muppets Celebration", you're now familiar with two particular characters who were exclusive to the fanfic, C.O.V.N.E.T. agents Butch and Clyde. These boys have made a name for themselves in theprawncracker's tale, taking on the Muppet World for the first time ever. But now, they're going to take on a much larger one in the upcoming "MARVELOUS" tale, "The Spectacular". Sitting with me here at this moment are Butch and Clyde themselves. Hi-ho, fellas!

Butch: Hey, long time no see, Kerm.

Clyde: Didn't we see him yesterday, boss?

Butch: Clam it, Clyde.

Clyde: Okay.

Kermit: Good to see nothing has changed since "Old Friends". How does it feel being back on Muppet Central again?

Butch: Aw, it feels great. We're really at home here on this message board.

Clyde: Especially seeing as how we were born here through Ryan's fanfic.

Kermit: Looking back on the great moments of the story, which one of them would you two agree is your favorite?

Butch: The Exodia scenes.

Clyde: When we stole the rocket.

Butch: Wait a minute. When we stole the rocket? Are ya kiddin' me, Clyde?! That was the worst moment in the story!

Clyde: Well, I thought we both considered it to be our best scene.

Butch: I said we agreed that it was our worst scene, Clyde.

Clyde: I thought the worst scene was when we got stuck in that closet on that spaceship.

Butch:*cringes* Thanks for puttin' the memory back in my head!

Clyde: Sorry, Butch.

Kermit: Well, uh...movin' right along...

Clyde: Hey, I love that song. Can we sing it real quick? *starts singing* Movin' right along, we're...uh...something, something, and sunshine...we'll...uh...something, something...uh...fork in the road?

Butch:*shakes head* I'm runnin' out of ways to say "Shut up".

Kermit: Uh...anyways, by the end of the story, you two ended up quitting the C.O.V.N.E.T. business and joining the chaotic and yet marvelous lifestyle of the Muppets.

Butch: You bet! We ditched those black suits and decided to go...uh...how to say...

Clyde: Naked?

Butch: Well, I was gonna say "crazy". But "naked" pretty much sums it up.

Kermit: Sheesh. *back on topic* But, uh, according to rumors going around for this upcoming story that you two are starring in, you boys are C.O.V.ie's again. Care to explain?

Butch: Well...uh...it's sorta difficult to go into detail, seeing as how we're now sworn to secrecy under C.O.V.N.E.T. rules.

Clyde: Aww, c'mon, Butch. Can't we just tell them about how K. Edgar Singer crash lands on Earth with that black stuff, gets amnesia, and re-recruits us and Bobo back into the organization with those characters from that show about the 10-year-old kid and the alien watch, in order to hunt down and find that same black stuff he crash-landed with?

(Butch gives Clyde a mean look.)

Butch:*sarcastic* Gee, Clyde. I think you already told 'em everythin' perfectly.

Clyde: I did? Wow. Hey! I bet I'll get a promotion for it.

Butch:*shakes his head* Oh, boy.

Kermit: So, uh, does this mean you boys are bad guys again?

Butch: Well, we were never really bad to begin with.

Clyde: That's right. We were just "Misunderstood Muppets".

Butch: Ya wanna see a real villain, take a look at the guy we're goin' after in this next story. VENOM!!!

Clyde: Now that's a scary guy. He's more scary than those aliens we met on that Exodia planet. Including Exod.

Butch: Ah, he's not so tough. I can take him down in a heartbeat.

Clyde: Hey, is that Venom right over there?

Butch:*panics* WH-WHAT?!?! WHERE?!?! W-W-WH-WHERE...HOW...WHY...IS HE....MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clyde: Oh, I'm sorry, Butch. That was just the picture that was just shown of him. I didn't even see it until now.

Butch:*angrily* CLYDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kermit: Whoa. Whoa. Calm down, boys. I can't afford to let things get out of hand like they did with Pepe and Piggy.

Clyde: What happened to him?

Kermit: You don't want to know. *reads his card* But what your fans would like to know is how you'll handle taking on the "MARVELOUS" universe? No offense, but you two weren't even that familiar with the Muppets in "Old Friends Who've Just Met". Clyde, you thought Uncle Deadley was actually our dead uncle.

Clyde: Well, you guys always called him "Uncle Deadley". What was I supposed to think?

Butch: We know all there is to know about those Marvel Comic heroes, Kerm. How do you think we learned all about that black stuff that covers over that Spider guy in the story?

Kermit: Do you even know the name of that "black stuff" you keep referring it to?

Butch: Of course we do. It's...*makes an odd face as he stumps on his answer and thinks about it*....it's uh....Hold on a minute, I'll tell ya in a sec. It's...sym...sym...

Clyde: Simba?

Butch: Sy....Sy....

Clyde: Cybill Sheperd?

Kermit: You're close.

Butch: Symbi....Symbi...

Clyde: Oh! Now I remember what it was called! Sean!

Kermit: That's the writer of our next story! Not to mention one of our main characters.

M.W.: But I am black. Wocka! Wocka!

Fozzie: Hey. Why wasn't that my joke?

M.W.: Do you really want to risk becoming a fuzzy version of Michael Richards?

Fozzie: Good point.

Butch:*frustrated* Thanks a lot, Clyde! Now I forget what it was called!

Clyde:*sadly* Sorry, Butch. *happy again* But at least we both know that it comes from outer space. Why else would we be rehired by a group that studies intelligent life, just to find it?

Kermit: True. But what can you tell us about your partnership with the characters from the Cartoon Network show, Ben 10, who you've mentioned of being involved in the "Venom" story arc?

Butch: Well, we practically make our first appearance in the story with 'em, as they make their first appearance also.

Clyde: By that time in the tale, we're not C.O.V.ie's.

Butch: No. Definitely not.

Kermit: But at what point do you go back to the black suits again?

Butch: You and everyone else will know when the story itself transforms along with everythin' else.

Clyde: Literally transforms.

Kermit: Wow. *pauses for a moment* M.W. told you guys to say that, didn't he?

Butch: No. What makes you ask that?

Clyde: Hey, Butch. We better spend this coupon that muppetwriter gave us for free Burger King sandwiches quick, if we don't want it to expire.

Butch: Uh....gotta go, Kerm.

(Butch and Clyde immediately rush out of the scene.)

Kermit: Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Two unlikely heroes, who have--in the beginning of their fame--encountered a world that they could learn to fit in with, will take on a different one that not even the Muppets themselves have figured out yet. But will they succeed in their mission to hunt down and destroy Venom? Or will this be the last time in which Butch and Clyde make an appearance in a Muppet fanfic? Find out next month, as the third Spidey/Muppets crossover makes its impact on Muppet Central. Stay tuned. We have lots more to come.:smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HAHA! Oh Sean (If I may call you that), that was AWESOME!! So funny, and Butch and Clyde were SO in character! I LOVED it! I cannot wait for this story to come about! :big_grin: Thanks for using my characters my friend!

G-MAN

Reaction score
That was a wonderful story Prawnie (and a MARVELOUS inteview MuppetWriter, hehe), I especially loved your "Reference-filled" Commentary.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hehe, thanks G-Man, I had fun writing, really glad you got a chance to read!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
HAHA! Oh Sean (If I may call you that), that was AWESOME!! So funny, and Butch and Clyde were SO in character! I LOVED it! I cannot wait for this story to come about! :big_grin: Thanks for using my characters my friend!
It's alright if you call me Sean, P.C., and thanks.:smile: I spent a lot of time trying to get the characters down just the way you wrote them in "Old Friends", and while I was working on the interview, I was worried that they might've not seemed enough like Butch and Clyde.

But I'm so glad that they were in character during the interview, because it gives me enough confidence to write them into their scenes in "The Spectacular". I'm glad you're looking forward to the story. And you're quite welcome (I love Butch and Clyde because they were so new to the Muppet world in "Old Friends", and I'd like everyone to see how they would react to the Marvel Comics universe in my story).:big_grin:

I should have that "MARVELOUS Mini" story in sometime soon.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Kermit:*nervously* Uh...um...hi-ho, everyone. As much as it worries me to say this, but...uh...it seems that our next MARVELOUS Mini's tale contains some elements that might be a bit disturbing for a few readers (like myself, for instance). All I can encourage you to do is try your very best to keep telling yourself that it's just a story. It always works for me...I guess. But...um...enjoy! Sheesh.:smile:

From Celebration to Decimation

Tangzo was hard at work in the spaceship’s laboratory, which was the only quiet place for him to work, while his fellow Gonzonians were celebrating over the discovery of the long lost member and biggest influence of their alien race known to his friends and family as Gonzo the Great. He could slightly hear the sound of the Gonzonians’ rendition of Kool and the Gang’s “Celebration” blaring through the ship’s speakers and several of the earthlings joining in on the fun. It was very nerve-wracking for him, because he was dealing with more crucial matters at the time.

At his chrome-plated workbench, which was cluttered with all sorts of laboratory equipment like a Bunsen burner, agar plate, autoclave, centrifuge, magnetic stirrer, microscope, thermometer, and static mixer. Tangzo was using much of the equipment for one particular object that his people had discovered on the evil planet of Exodia: a living alien organism that was black and gooey. He kept it contained inside of a volumetric flask capped with a stopper at the top, as he watched it squirm all around there.

“You can struggle all you like, you little bugger.” The most peculiar trait of Tangzo’s was the Australian accent that he always spoke in. “But there’s no way you’re getting out of there.” He continued watching the alien organism move throughout the inside of the flask and knock itself and the flask itself over a few times, forcing Tangzo to set it upright again.

It wasn’t very long before Tangzo was visited by a colleague of his named Des Filmer, a Gonzonian with a long, orange nose that poked out and wore large yellow spectacles on his eyes and a white lab coat. As Des entered the laboratory, he watched his partner and friend fool with the black alien organism. For a moment, he believed that the purple-colored Gonzonian was actually enjoying his own way of teasing the life form.

“Have you figured out yet what it is?” Des asked, and Tangzo just sighed and shook his head in reply. “Well, why don’t you give it a rest? You’re the only one on the ship who isn’t outside joining in on the festivities.”

“What’s there to celebrate over?” Tangzo asked. “We found the long lost brother of our all-powerful leader?” He scoffed at the thought of it. “There are more important matters that need to be addressed at the moment, Des.”

“Like what?” Des angrily inquired, while moving to the workbench and picking up the flask. “A useless piece of Exodian tar that we can’t even figure out what it is or what it can do?”

“Gimme that!!” Tangzo reached up and snatched the flask away from Des’s orange furry hands. Des just stared at him in disappointed, as the purple alien returned his focus to the flask, watching the organism bounce around inside the flask furiously. “I think we made it mad.”

“Made it mad?!” Des couldn’t quite believe what his colleague was talking about. “It’s a piece of intergalactic garbage, Tangzo! It’s not supposed to have any feeling or emotion! How’s it supposed to be upset?”

“That’s just the thing I’ve been trying to figure out, Des.” Tangzo said, returning his focus on his partner. “It’s living! I don’t exactly know how, but I just know it is.”

“But how can you tell?” Des was becoming more frustrated with his colleague’s analysis, finding it entirely pointless. Instead of just giving Des a straight answer, Tangzo removed the stopper from the opening of the flask and then licked the furry purple index finger and thumb of his left hand. He then proceeded to move his wet fingers around the ring of the flask’s opening, creating a high-pitched hollow noise that irritated the living organism.

“See how fussy the little bugger is?” Tangzo asked, and Des seemed very amazed over how the organism was reacting to the distraction, hugging the sides of the flask as if it was trying to get away from the noise. One side of the flask’s interior was completely black from the organism clinging to it. “He hates it when I do this. Something about the loudness of the sound drives it crazy.”

“How long have you known about this?” Des curiously asked.

“I was just bored one day over studying it here at my workbench, and I just starting doing this motion without even realizing it.” Tangzo explained. “He could hear the noise from inside the flask and that was when he really started fussing, trying to break through the glass.”

“How long do you think he can take the noise?” Des asked—his curiosity growing more and more with each question.

“I’m guessing ten hours tops.” Tangzo replied, just before the organism stopped clinging to the side of the flask and slumped to the bottom, becoming nothing more than a small lifeless puddle of black liquid. Tangzo and Des looked to each other in surprise. “Or maybe not.”

Tangzo picked up a small metallic plate and then the flask, titling it some to pour the cold, black ooze onto the surface of the plate. Once it was all out, Tangzo set the plate down on his workbench, right before he took an alien instrument that resembled a pair of tweezers and poked at the black ooze with it.

“Is it…dead?” Des asked with an odd expression, while Tangzo seemed very unsure if it was or not. He continued poking at it several times, until he decided to stop poking and just used the instrument to grab a hold of one section of the ooze. As Tangzo began pulling on the section of the ooze, he caused a long string to be emitted from it. He then took another alien instrument that looked like a pair of scissors and attempted to cut the string, in order to take a sampled piece of the dead organism to study on.

However, something very unexpected happened before Tangzo could even successfully snatch a piece. The organism came back to life and snatched the tweezers and scissors from the hands of Tangzo. Both Tangzo and Des were shocked to see how the living organism had tossed the instruments aside and began to form the unusual shape of a fanged mouth. It growled as it looked left and right at both of the Gonzonians.

“It can see us!!” Des exclaimed, and before either of them could make a move, the living organism jumped off the plate and lunged at Tangzo, clinging to his chest.

“AHH!! GET OFF ME!! GET OFF!!!” Tangzo tried desperately to tear the organism away from his body, but the more he did, the more it had spread out to other parts of his body. Des tried to help out his partner by grabbing a hold of the spreading organism on Tangzo’s body, but the endangered Gonzonian stopped him immediately. “DON’T TOUCH ME!! GET HELP!! NOW!!!!”

Des fearfully watched as Tangzo fell to the floor, still trying to get the organism off of him, as it slithered up his throat and over his mouth and nose. Des dashed out of the laboratory and down one of the many corridors in the ship. While he was coming through a turn, he stopped as the entire ship began to vibrate heavily, signifying that its takeoff from Earth. Des didn’t wish for the long lost member of their race to bear witness to such a crisis, but something needed to be done right away.

Due to the massiveness of the spaceship, it had taken Des Filmer quite a long time to reach the bridge, which was the largest part of the ship and where at least twenty different Gonzonian pilots were doing several different things to get them safely back to their space station that was twenty light years away. Upon entering the bridge, Des noticed the all-powerful Gonzonian ruler, Ubergonzo (known to some as “Onzgo”) sitting in a large throne-like chair at the certain of the room. He was watching the brother that he had finally found after many years on a large screen before him, sitting on the rooftop of his home on Earth with his friends and looking up towards the heavens.

“Onzgo! Onzgo!!” Des screamed, and Ubergonzo’s chair swiveled around and brought him to face Des, as he approached him. “We’ve got…” Des had stopped for a moment as he noticed the large human male standing next to Ubergonzo, wearing a black and white suit along with a purple cape that was cut beneath his shoulder blades. “Who’s this guy? I thought we came for Gonzo.”

“Gonzo made a wise decision to stay on Earth with the family that he had grown to know and love over the past years. We shall continue observing him and his friends for the time being, just to make sure he has a groovy life.” Ubergonzo said, before gesturing to the human. “This is someone who has become quite an interesting figure in our eyes. He was once known as ‘Ed’, but we shall call him ‘Zongo’ during his time as Ambassador to Earth.”

“Greetings, my friend.” Zongo smiled, half-bowing to Des. Des would have found the news very intriguing, if other important matters weren’t on his mind at the moment.

“Nice to meet ya, Ed…I mean, Zongo.” Des quickly returned his attention back to Ubergonzo. “Onzgo, we have one serious problem happening in the…” Before Des could finish, all of the sirens on the spaceship went off, alarming everyone on the ship.

Red alert! Red alert!” A voice over the intercom exclaimed, and Ubergonzo swung his chair around again, facing both the large screen and all of the ship’s operatives.

“What’s the danger?” He asked the operatives, and one of them gave him a worried expression.

“It could be him, my leader.” The operative responded, and Ubergonzo stared at the blank screen in shock. Des looked just as shocked as he did, while the man formerly known as “Ed” had no idea what was happening. “We’re receiving a call request.”

“Put him on screen.” Ubergonzo ordered, and it wasn’t long before one of the most ferocious-looking aliens appeared before Ubergonzo on the screen. Its skin was lime green, and its eyes were red as blood. Where its mouth should have been were tentacles that slithered when he talked, and on the sides of its head were what appeared to be gills. Its attire was more alien than his appearance, with armor that was strong and metallic, colored in black and red, fitting well with his colossal, slender figure. The creature’s hands and feet consisted of razor sharp claws. But it wasn’t exactly who Ubergonzo was expecting. He didn’t recognize the “face” of the creature before him. However, Zongo did.

“Vilgax!” He yelled, while Ubergonzo and Des looked at him with curiously.

“Zongo…you know of our attacker?” Ubergonzo asked him.

“All too well, Your Highness.” Zongo remarked, just as the vicious, intergalactic conqueror known as Vilgax began to speak to Ubergonzo.

“I have message from the ruler of Exodia, Gonzonian!” Vilgax said, and soon after he said that, there was a massive explosion near the left side of the Gonzonian spacecraft, which caused it to lurch violently, knowing a few of the ship’s operatives out of their seats. “It’s time for your decimation!”

“Exod is coward enough to avoid facing me by sending some petty executioner to come and finish me off.” Ubergonzo uttered, angering Vilgax with his insulting comment.

“I am no mere executioner, Gonzonian!” He exclaimed. “Soon after I destroy you and every member of your pathetic race, I will soon be conquering what used to be your home planet at the side of Exod himself!”

“I think not, squid-head!” Ubergonzo contradicted, just before he ordered an operative to fire the ship’s laser cannons at Vilgax’s spaceship, which was pursuing theirs across the stars. The lasers had done some damage to Vilgax’s massive ship, but it wasn’t enough to keep him off of them.

Streams of lasers continued to fire between the two alien ships, both taking minor damage in the process. But soon the lasers had turned into large sonic torpedoes, taking huge chunks out of the two crafts. While pieces of the ships floated out into deep space, they both continued to battle, firing more lasers and more torpedoes. It wasn’t until the Gonzonian spacecraft launched its secret weapon (a fifty ton intergalactic mine) when Vilgax’s spaceship suffered from remarkable damage.

“Retreat! Retreat!” He ordered his pilots, soon after they had informed him of the ship’s losing amount of protective shields. Before escaping into deep space, Vilgax gave one last taunt to Ubergonzo.

“I might not have defeated you and your people, Gonzonian, but someone will eventually! And when that day comes, there will be not a single member of your race left in this universe and the next!”

“We’ll see, my enemy. We’ll see.” Ubergonzo remarked, just before Vilgax’s ship had escaped with only small portions of it still intact. After the defeat of Vilgax, Ubergonzo had one of his operatives send a group of repairmen down to a section of the ship that suffered the most extreme damage and fix everything. After that, he turned his attention to Zongo, who couldn’t believe the fierce battle he just witnessed.

“How much do you know about that alien?” Ubergonzo asked him, and Zongo took a moment to compose himself before explaining everything he knew about Vilgax to Ubergonzo.

“Years ago, when I was still working for a secret organization known as C.O.V.N.E.T., I worked alongside a man named Maxwell Tennyson, who was also in league with another government organization—that was somewhat different from the one I was a part of—called ‘The Plumbers’.” Ed (“Zongo”) explained to Ubergonzo. “They had enlisted in our help to defeat Vilgax, but upon our first encounter with him, Max and I had a falling out.”

“Falling out of what?” Des asked.

“No, no. We had an argument.” Des nodded in understanding of what the human had meant. “While Max—being the Plumber that he was—wanted to just eliminate Vilgax, I wanted to capture him and contain him at our base, long enough to study him…find out the secrets of the universe.”

“That seemed like a careless move, Zongo.” Ubergonzo stated. “Such a vicious being should be wiped out immediately, before it can do any further damage.”

“I realize that now, Your Majesty.” Zongo said. “As the new Ambassador to Earth, I will promise not to make another dire mistake like the one I made all those years ago. You have my word.” As Ubergonzo nodded in agreement with Zongo’s promise, an operative addressed Ubergonzo once again, sounding much more urgent than during the attack.

“My leader! My leader!!” He screamed. “Our repairmen sound as if they are under attack! They’re sending me a distress call at this moment. I’ll put it right through the intercom.” The operative transmitted the call from his headphones to the speakers inside the bridge. They all stood silent and listened to the panicky voice of a Gonzonian repairman.

Someone! Help us! Something has just popped out of the vents! We barely even saw it coming! It’s…It’s…Oh, Gozd! I don’t know what it is! He…He just clawed right through one of us! Oh, no! Now it’s…it’s oozing through another…and it’s…it’s…ARGH! That is disgusting! It just digested another repairman! There’s nothing but burnt fur and skeleton left!

While the Gonzonians in the bridge were listening to the distress call, some of them were quivering with fear and others were on the verge of vomiting from the horrific descriptions given by the living repairman. Zongo felt the same way the rest of them did, Ubergonzo listened calmly (taking it as another attack by Exod), and Des was in panic mode, knowing exactly what it was that was attacking the repairmen.

Oh, no! It sees me! I have to…I must…ARGHHH!! MY LEG!!! IT’S GOT MY LEG!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!” After that last part, nothing but static came over the speakers. It was deathly quiet in the bridge for the longest time, only because everyone was waiting for Ubergonzo to give an order. But the Gonzonian ruler just sat there in his chair, looking up at the ceiling as if he was listening out for something.

“Onzgo…what do we…” Des asked, but before he could’ve finished his question, something busted through the ceiling of the bridge and landed only a few feet away from Ubergonzo. Everyone stared at the thing that crashed into the room with shock. It was nothing any Gonzonian (except for Ubergonzo) had seen before: a black oozing six-foot-tall creature with yellow fangs and white eyes on its face, claws protruding from its hands and feet, and green slime pouring out from its hooked nose. As it crouched on the floor, glaring its white eyes at Ubergonzo, parts of its black, slimy skin started to ooze away from its partially furry body and towards the operatives.

The operatives immediately got up from their chairs and ran out of the bridge, leaving Ubergonzo, Zongo, and Des the only ones facing off against the inhuman being that none of them could ever classify in a million years. Zongo didn’t hide his fear; he was so scared that he was paralyzed from his neck down to his toes, and his complexion was turning ghostly white. Meanwhile, Des knew that the creature was actually his partner, Tangzo, totally consumed by the living organism that he had been studying.

“Oh, man. Tang…what has that thing done to you?” Des muttered, as what used to be his colleague unleashed a fierce shriek that shook the walls and floors of the bridge. His ominous appearance did not once intimidate Ubergonzo, who he was still locking eyes with. They had done that for a very long time, and then the creature made its move. It lunged at Ubergonzo, extending its arms out at him and letting out a grotesque roar. Just when it seemed as if Ubergonzo was about to meet his doom, he quickly pressed a button that opened a secret compartment built in the left armrest of his chair, reaching into it to pull out a small, chrome-plated gun. Ubergonzo fired the gun at the creature, emitting sonic waves that were combined with a high-pitched noise.

Unbeknownst to Ubergonzo, the sonic waves emitted from the gun were tearing some of the controls in the bridge apart, causing them to malfunction and unleash great amounts of sparks. Some of the sparks came in contact with the furry, oozing skin of the black creature, setting him entirely on fire. The creature shrieked in pain, as it bounced left and right around the bridge.

“TANGZO!!!!!” Des cried, and he attempted to run towards and save his friend and colleague, but Ubergonzo placed a hand on his chest, keeping him from doing so. Des gazed at his leader, realizing from the saddened look on his face that there was no hope for Tangzo, and he closed his eyes, not daring to witness Tangzo’s horrible fate.

It wasn’t very long before the bridge’s fire extinguisher system kicked on, releasing large quantities of powder at the burning creature and other sections of the bridge that were on fire. Once everything that was ablaze had been put out, Ubergonzo, Des, and Zongo walked up to the clouded area that the creature once stood. When the fog from the system’s fire extinguisher had been fully cleared, the three found the skeletal remains of Tangzo at that very spot. Surrounding it were pools of the organism that covered him, dissolving into nothingness.

“Good lord.” Zongo uttered, with his left hand over his mouth.

“Poor Tangzo.” Des sadly said. “I told him not to waste his time on this accursed Exodian matter! Now look where it’s gotten him…DEAD!!!” Des was more angry than he was sad. Out of the three men, only Ubergonzo seemed to be the one who was less troubled about Tangzo’s death.

“His death might not have been a vain one, Des.” Ubergonzo said, and Des gawked at him in suspicion.

“What do you mean?”

“If all the research that Tangzo had done over this weapon of Exod’s is accurate, then we might have discovered a way to counteract it.” Ubergonzo stated. “You must read all of his notes…find out more of this weapon’s greatest weakness. Whatever you discover could led to victory for all of us.”

“I’ll find out what I can.” Des said, and he took one last look at Tangzo’s remains before leaving the bridge. Ubergonzo turned his attention to Zongo, who was beginning to wonder if leaving C.O.V.N.E.T. was a smart idea.

“Zongo,” He said, “I only pray for the sake of my brother and your people that this substance doesn’t come anywhere near Earth. I doubt if there could be any way for them to stop it, without the proper alien technology.”

“As do I, Your Highness.” Zongo fearfully remarked. “As do I.”

MARVELOUS Mini's​

Kermit:*shivers* Uh...stay tuned for more marvelous treats, as the celebration continues.:smile:

Newsboybliss

Reaction score
Hi

I just wanted to piont out that you put the word tidey instead of spidey.
Just though I'd let you know.
Awesome story!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Haha! Yeah, I know. I meant to misspell Spidey's name because Pepe the King Prawn has a problem remembering his name. Instead of "Spider-Man", he calls him "Tider-Man".:rolleyes:

Thanks for mentioning it though, Alissa.:wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
With my marvelous friend, Alissa, now on the Muppet Central boards, I believe now is a better time than any to bring up another interesting fact for another moment of...DID YOU KNOW THAT...

So....

DID YOU KNOW THAT....

The idea of two totally different people like Sean (an African American male) and Lori (a Caucasian female) being actual siblings in the "MARVELOUS" series came from the inside joke of Fozzie and Kermit being "twin brothers" in The Great Muppet Caper. The original idea was to have Sean and Lori be fraternal twins, while Kermit and Fozzie were the identical ones.

I meant to mention this during the repost of my first story, "The Amazing", but...now you know.:wink: