The Spectacular Spidey/Muppets Celebration

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Great mini-tale. Was utterly ribbeted learning about all the villains involved in connecting the threads of the events between MFS, Ben Ten, and Old Friends along with Spider-Man 3.

BTW: I've seen a couple of the trailers. One I liked, the one that's airing more frequently that features Aunt May a bit more, and another one where the crowd says they like the new black costume and Peter says "Where do these guys come from?" that reminded me of something I forgot exactly what.
Anyway, looking forward to more.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Kermit: Hi-ho, everyone! Now here is something that is without a doubt the most MARVELOUS of all treats brought into this celebration. You remember the second Spidey/Muppets crossover, right? Well, guess what our friend and series creator, muppetwriter, has done? He's gone back and rewritten the entire story, including parts that you've never before read and storylines that will lead you into the events of the third story, even mentioning a villain that was hidden the first time but brought back for this exclusive event. All of the additional stuff will be in bold font, while all of the stuff you've read before will be in regular text. So, here it is, the "Extended/Alternated Version" of the second Spidey/Muppets crossover, "The Amazing...Sequel!":smile:

The MARVELOUS Muppets
Presents
"The Amazing...Sequel!"​

Prologue

All of those years at the sessions for the Fictional Animal Stars of America (also known as “FASA”) had really paid off at the time Kermit and his friends were caught by a strict, no-nonsense Walt Disney World security guard named Quentin Fitzwaller, who suspiciously bore a resemblance to one person in the lives of the Muppets who they would take in the pleasure in not seeing again. Quentin had assumed they were a notorious gang of evildoers, after failing to pay the price of admission for the theme park. The only reason that happened was The Electric Mayhem band had lost control of their wildest member, Animal, who tore a piece of equipment that was bolted to the ground, allowing themselves in.

Upon being captured by Quentin after an unexpected performance in one of the main attractions at Disney World, the Muppets came close to being handed over to the authorities had Quentin not been talking to the actual Mickey Mouse, a close friend and fellow FASA member of Kermit’s. Requesting to speak with Mickey, Kermit and his friends were afterwards asked to go to his office for a special meeting.

“Okay, everyone. Just follow me down this hall, and soon enough, we’ll see Mickey.” Kermit said, as he led his friends down a fresh, colorful hallway that was decorated with many different Disney memorabilia, such as framed pictures of Walt Disney, several popular Disney stars and characters, and some of the most magnificent sights of the park (most particularly Cinderella’s Castle in The Magic Kingdom). While traveling down the hall, Piggy appeared in front of Kermit, walking backwards as she addressed him in a tattered, Arabic wardrobe from the show that they inadvertently volunteered for.

“Kermit, I can’t go see Mickey Mouse dressed like this!” Piggy complained, before turning to her personal assistant for the day, Beauregard. “Beau, hand me my purse please.” Beauregard wasn’t that bright of a person, but he knew exactly when to please Miss Piggy, especially after all of the wild rides that she unintentionally went on with him. He handed her the purse, and she dashed off to pretty herself up, just as soon as Kermit knocked on Mickey’s door.

“I can’t believe you’re friends with the Mickey Mouse, Uncle Kermit.” Robin said. “How long have you two been friends?”

“Oh, wow.” Kermit said, as he began to reminisce over all those years he and Mickey spent together, joining in several promotions and activities for FASA. “Well, it’s been a lot of years, Robin. And I mean a lot of years.”

“Why didn’t you tell us you personally knew him, boss?” Scooter asked. “We could’ve had him on our show with us.” All of the Muppets agreed in unison with Scooter.

“Oh, Mickey wouldn’t have been able to handle our level of zaniness.” Kermit remarked. “He gets enough of it from Goofy and Donald.” Kermit’s focus on the door to Mickey’s office had never changed. He knew how busy his old friend was, but he felt like he and his friends had waited patiently enough to let him finish whatever deal or promotion he was in the process of handling. Again, Kermit knocked on the hard, wooden door. “Yoo-hoo! Mickey! Are ya in there?”

“Kermit? Is that you?!” A joyful, squeaky voice said on the other side, followed by a happy chuckle. “Come on in!” Kermit immediately turned the golden knob on the door and walked into the beautifully lit and very animated office of the biggest American icon, Mickey Mouse. He could not have been happier to see his old amphibian friend and his friends there in his office, which was decorated with all of the awards he received for projects he had done over the years, framed photos of him and Walt together, and a collection of books based on his life and career. Mickey sat behind a large marble rye desk (complete with a lamp, vital documents, and a business phone) as the Muppets walked in. “Gosh! It sure is swell to see all the Muppets here at Walt Disney World. How have you all been?”

“We’ve been great, Mickey. Let me introduce you to the gang.” Kermit turned to the Muppets that stood the closest to him. “There’s Fozzie, Floyd, Janice, Gonzo, Bean Bunny, and my nephew, Robin. And there’s…” Before Kermit could continue, Mickey interrupted him, showing more of an interest in one of his most favorite Muppet characters of all.

“Hey, uh, where’s Miss Piggy?” He gleefully asked, not long before Miss Piggy herself, dressed in a much more fashionable dress that sparkled in the eyes of everyone, including Mickey, who was instantly captured by her glamorous beauty the moment she walked in, only momentarily forgetting about his own love interest, Minnie Mouse (who he had a framed picture of sitting on top of a shelf behind him).

“Mickey, mon cher.” Piggy had addressed him in her classy French dialect, as she strutted into the room. “Quel honor to meet vous.” The other Muppets couldn’t believe how quickly Miss Piggy changed from her tattered, Arabic costume to her wonderfully bright, glittered gown in a matter of seconds, even fixing her hair to look just the way she wanted for her first meeting with Mickey Mouse. Even Beauregard was dumbfounded (to an extent) by her transformation.

“How did she do that?” Beau curiously asked.

“If there’s one thing Piggy knows, it’s how to make an entrance.” Fozzie stated, standing close to his elderly mother, Emily Bear, who he brought along for the trip.

“We’ve had a wonderful day at your theme park, Mickey.” Robin happily said. “It’s like a dream come true.” Mickey was without a doubt pleased to hear how the small but gracious nephew of his greatest friend in the world was pleased himself.

“Well, you know, it’s like we always say: ‘When you wish upon a star, your dreams will come true’.” Mickey said, even going as far as using a bit of “Disney Magic” to make a line of stars briefly shine in front of his face. Kermit walked away from the side of his friends and joined Mickey at his side behind his desk.

“Well, actually, what we say is: ‘Someday you’ll find it, the rainbow connection—the lovers, the dreamers, and me.” Kermit told Mickey, and the Muppets watched on with interest as the two good friends discussed each other’s mottos.

“Uh-oh! They’re starting to argue philosophy.” Floyd joked, and Mickey laughed along with him, before getting down to business.

“I want all of you dreamers to go down to the Chinese Theatre.” He offered. “Why, while you’re there, you can put all of your names and prints into the cement.” The Muppets all nodded with joy over Mickey’s offer. “Welcome to the family!!” Mickey took his old pal, Kermit, and gave him a big hug. It was his way of letting them all know that there were no hard feelings over all of the craziness that they brought into the park. Mickey was very familiar with what the Muppets stood for, and he respected it very much. That was after Kermit’s friends left Mickey’s office shortly after their meeting, the mouse kept the frog behind to discuss one last thing.

“What is it, Mickey?” Kermit asked with interest, as Mickey got up from his desk and walked with Kermit over to one of the shelves in his office, which was decorated with all of his awards and props from all of his shorts and films.

“Kermit, we can go back and forth, sharing our beliefs in magic and dreams until we’re old and gray.” Mickey began. “But one thing we can agree on is that magic and dreams are what brought me and you to life.” Kermit couldn’t argue with that sentiment. But he couldn’t quite figure out where his friend was going with it. Mickey took one of the old photos of Walt Disney that was sitting in his office and looked at it with a few tears forming in his eyes. “The friendship that Walt and I shared, all those years ago…Gosh. It’s just as special as the one you and Jim have.” Kermit looked down at the photo; he knew exactly how much his friend and creator meant to him, especially before he passed away.

“I know how hard it can be to lose a friend, Mick.” Kermit said, placing a hand on Mickey’s shoulder. “Sometimes I wish magic and dreams could be strong enough to keep wonderful men like Walt here on this earth long enough to see how far his magic and dreams have come.” Mickey slowly moved away from Kermit, still staring at the photo with teary eyes. He set it down on his desk, after he wiped the tears away from his eyes with the sleeve of his bright, vanilla-colored jacket.

“What if there was a way to make it stronger, Kermit?” Kermit looked at Mickey strangely. He had all of the love and respect for his old friend, but he wanted to know why he still kept him in his office. “What if I could do something with all the magic and dreams that Walt has brought into me? Something like saving those who need help the most or making the world a better place for all to live in?” Mickey seemed real excited over what he was saying to Kermit, bouncing all over the room and laughing as he spoke to him. “Hey! Hey! Kermit…what if I could bring Walt back? Let him see just how wonderful his world has become! Oh, wouldn’t that be so marvelous?!”

“Mickey! Mickey! Relax.” Kermit suggested, and the energetic Mickey calmed himself down, settling back into the chair behind his desk. The frog couldn’t believe how fast Mickey had gone from appearing sad to happy again in only milliseconds. But he could relate with what he was telling him. Every day of his life he felt the magic in his heart and saw all of the dreams in his mind, though he never had embraced it as heavily as Mickey had.

“I’m sorry, old buddy.” Mickey said with a chuckle. “I just got carried away.” Kermit nodded, showing his understanding with what Mickey was going through at the moment.

“Seeing old friends and making new ones all on the same day will do that to a person.” Kermit said. “I know exactly where you’re coming from, Mick. But our magic and dreams can only take us so far. I’m sure Walt’s seeing how great of a job you’re doing for the world from the better place he’s in now. He’s proud of you, Mickey. And I am, too.” Mickey smiled at Kermit, though the frog’s kind words didn’t convince him of his own wishes. However, he made sure not to let Kermit know that he failed in his task.

“You’re right, Kermit. I’m just being more a dreamer than you are.” Mickey said, not liking the fact that he was lying to his friend but wanting to give him an understanding of how much he appreciated his encouragement at the same time. “You’d better join your friends at the Chinese Theatre, before one of them accidentally gets their feet stuck in the cement.” Kermit chuckled over that thought.

“Yeah. Let’s just hope it’s not Piggy.” The frog remarked, as he made his way towards the door.

“Kermit.” Mickey called back to him, before he opened the door and stopped to listen. The mouse stared at his old friend for a long time, practically seeing his own self in him. The two were so much alike, despite their separate upbringings, and it made Mickey incredibly emotional whenever he thought about it. Again, tears began to form in his eyes as he addressed Kermit one last time. “Keep on dreamin’, pal.” Kermit just smiled and nodded at Mickey, before he left the mouse’s office.

After Kermit’s departure, Mickey moved his gaze away from his office door to the shelf that he and Kermit were standing next to. He focused on one single object, located at the very top of the shelf: the sorcerer hat that he wore in Fantasia. It was one of the things that symbolized Mickey the most, right next to his fluffy white gloves and cotton-twilled red shorts. Mickey smiled at it, with several thoughts running through his mind of how it could fit into his plans of strengthening all of the magic and dreams that Walt had successfully brought into the world and making the world itself a better place in the process. He wanted to do it not just for Walt, but all of his dear friends, from Kermit to the love of his life, Minnie.

“I won’t let you all down.” Mickey said, just before the business phone on his desk started to ring. Not once taking his focus off of the sorcerer hat, Mickey walked over to the phone and answered, putting the receiver near one of his perfectly rounded ears. “Hello?”

Mr. Mouse,” The worried, weak voice of a once-overconfident man came over the phone and Mickey frowned. “Sir, I would like to personally apologize for my error. I had no idea you were…Kismet’s buddy.

“His name’s Kermit, Mr. Fitzwaller.” Mickey remarked, with a gruff tone in his voice that no one (except for maybe his dog, Pluto, when he did something bad) had ever heard before. “And I wouldn’t apologize for such a small mistake. We all make mistakes, right?”

Yes, we do, sir.” Quentin gleefully (yet nervously) replied.

“We make mistakes like stepping on someone foot by accident, burping out loud at the dinner table, or…even leaving spearmint on park benches.” That last part didn’t sound too good to Quentin, and Mickey could hear him sigh over the phone after he mentioned it. “Catch my drift, Quentin?”

Yes…sir. I’ll get on it right away.

Kermit: Though this was only the prologue, which wasn't before featured in the original story, there's still more to come. Stay tuned.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Thanks, P.C. But it wasn't another Mini. It was just the prologue for my new version of the second Spider-Man/Muppets crossover that I had done back around November of last year. I'll have the first chapter in soon.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... There are two possibilities here.
1 Ryan mistakenly refered to raving about the prologue of The Amazing, the Sequel! as you pointed out and didn't know it.
Or... 2 He was indeed raving about Celebration and Decimation, the latest mini-tale, but got ziffled with everything that's come before his post since then, probably didn't even know about the prologue to The Amazing, the Sequel!

Hope this helps... And post mor soon MW.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I was indeed raving about the mini, just wasn't very specific, my bad. :stick_out_tongue: But still, the prologue was great too! :big_grin:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Haha! It's okay, P.C. I figured that might've been the case.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Kermit: Here's the first chapter of the newly refurbished second crossover.:smile:

Chapter One

The long, sleek, nicely polished black limousine that was parked right in front of the filthy, dusty, worn-out forty-story building oddly named the “Happiness Hotel” had seemed to stick out more than anything that was at the front of the so-called Hotel, especially a fountain that was filled with dirty clothes that were soaked in filthy, muddy water. Balconies on the Happiness Hotel only added to the distastefulness of the building, as more dirty clothes were hung on the rails, soda cans and bottles littering the floor, and objects such as unused exercising machines and deck chairs were used not for sitting, but for dumping garbage that ended up being days old and forming horrible smells that would keep even the worse burglars in New York away.

Sitting inside the limousine with her personal assistant for the day, a nervous Muppet with light purple skin and curly blonde hair named Mr. Applegate, was the greedy owner of Bitterman Bank and Development, Rachel Bitterman. When she tried to foreclosure the Muppet Theater during the Christmas of 2002, she was disgusted by all of the attributes of the theater (from the two old geezers in the balcony to all of the weird animals brought to the stage), but not to where it made her nauseous just looking at all of it. That was the feeling she got while staring at her new target: The Happiness Hotel.

“My god! This place just has ‘tear me down’ written all over it.” Rachel commented, just as she heard the sound of someone spraying contents from an aerosol can onto a wall. She stuck her head a little further out the passenger window and noticed two of the Hotel’s residents, Floyd and Janice, spraying the words “Tear Me Down” and “Please!” with red and black paint. Rachel just shook her head in annoyance, bringing herself back into her limousine, as Mr. Applegate went over some important details.

“Uh, h-here are the details of the foreclosure, M-Ms. Bitterman.” Mr. Applegate said through his thick British accent. “The Muppets will have to pay at least $500,000,000 by the twenty-fifth of December in 2006.” Mr. Applegate stopped reading the details of the foreclosure for a while, after gaining a bit of curiosity upon reading it. “Uh…if I may ask, Ms. Bitterman…why exactly do the Muppets have to pay that much money for a run-down building?” Rachel had been doing her nails while Applegate had been reading the details, but she abruptly stopped once he questioned her.

“First of all, that’s none of your business.” She pleasantly said with an unusual, toothy smile. “And second of all, this building looks like it’s behind in several payments, which is why the amount is so large. Now…” Rachel leaned in closer to Applegate, with her face coming within an inch of his. If she weren’t such an intimidating, greedy woman, she would melt Mr. Applegate off of his feet with her attractive appearance. But knowing what kind of woman she was, it made him extremely nervous to be that close to her. “…Are you going to ask me more unnecessary questions about the Muppets and their foreclosure notice?” She grabbed Applegate by the collar of his suit and pulled him closer, making her nose touch his and his eyes looking directly into hers. “Or are you just going to walk right up there and hang it on their door?” Applegate was clearly shaking from nervousness over Rachel’s threatening manner as she asked her questions.

“N-N-No, madam.” He remarked. “I-I’ll get to it, r-right away.”

“Good.” Rachel gleefully said, just before she opened the car door and tossed Applegate’s small, frail body several feet across the air, making him land hard at the foot of the Hotel’s entrance. Rachel slammed the door with great force and then watched Mr. Applegate painfully get to his feet and approach the front door of the Hotel. When he was near it, he realized how large in scale the door was and wondered if hanging the notice at three feet near the foot of the door would be sufficient.

“Uh…M-M-Ms. Bitterman?” He turned for a brief moment and as soon as he noticed the impatient, satanic expression on her face, he immediately faced the door again and attempted to hang up the notice. When he tried beating the hammer against the nail, he accidentally beat his thumb instead, causing him to drop everything (from the notice to the hammer) and jump around in pain.

“Good lord.” Rachel uttered, as she leaned back in chair and placed a hand over her eyes and forehead in frustration. She knew that was going to happen.

Once Mr. Applegate was partially recovered, he picked everything up again and attempted to nail the notice to the door again, only that time he did it more carefully. The sound of the hammering echoed throughout the outside and inside of the Happiness Hotel, waking up a few of its residents. Sam the Eagle was the first to be awakened by the noise. He got out of bed and went to the filthy window that he begged several times for Beauregard to clean, seeing Rachel’s limousine parked outside and Mr. Applegate near the front door. Sam gasped when he realized what it was that Applegate was hammering.

“Can it be?!” Sam exclaimed, slowly moving away from the stained window. At first he seemed rather stunned from what he saw, but then he became really excited and (for the first time in his whole life) smiled. “Celebrate good times! C’mon!” He singed happily and danced around his room proudly, as he got himself ready for the day.

Meanwhile, Applegate had finished placing the notice on the door and rushed back to the limousine before anyone inside the Hotel came out to see what was going on. However, when he was within two feet of the limousine, Rachel ordered the driver to take her back to her building and left Mr. Applegate chasing after it, as it drove away from the Happiness Hotel. Once they had all disappeared, the front door of the Hotel opened up and out stepped a sleepy Kermit the Frog. He was about to grab the morning paper (not only did he, Fozzie, and the currently missing Gonzo work for The Bugle, but they were subscribed to it as well), until he spotted the foreclosure notice and carefully tore it from the nail that it was attached to.

“This doesn’t make any sense.” Kermit uttered, as he read over the notice near the front door. And just when Kermit thought it couldn’t get any worse, another Happiness Hotel resident was moving out, and that time it was Link Hogthrob, who was wearing his “I love San Fran” t-shirt (with a picture of a heart in place of the word “love”). “Link, where are you…” When Kermit read his shirt, he didn’t bother going any further with his question, “Never mind.”

“I won’t be there for long, Kermit.” Link said. “I’m just there long enough to help everyone get the KMUP station back in shape, shortly after I enjoy the sights of old San Francisco, such as the Golden Gate Bridge and those streetcar things that go up and down those huge hills.”

“Well, if you’re going, don’t bother coming back.” Kermit said, and Link was a little offended to hear him say that.

“I beg your pardon?”

“Read this.” Kermit handed him the foreclosure notice, which Link read word-for-word but didn’t quite understand any of it.

“Does this mean we’re getting an increase in our finance?” Kermit gave him a strange look in reaction to Link’s question.

“No, Link. It means that we’re going to lose the Hotel!”

“Why on earth would anyone want to take this luxurious, fabulous, decent, magnificent, and glorious hotel away from us?” Kermit smirked over Link’s comment.

“Yeah, it leaves me kinda dumbfounded, too.” He tried not to sound too sarcastic in front of Link. As they continued standing near the front door, Julius Strangepork had shown up, trying to maintain his balance as he carried some of Link’s heavy suitcases.

“Is that taxicab here yet, Link?” Strangepork asked, just as there was a loud honking noise and Kermit & Link noticed a taxicab parked in front of the building, with Beauregard in the driver’s seat.

“You guys ready to go to the airport?” Beau asked them.

“We most certainly are.” Link said, before he handed the foreclosure notice back to Kermit. “Come on, Julius.”

“Okay, Link.” Strangepork acknowledged, and while the two made their way to the taxicab, Kermit went back inside, just as Lew Zealand and some chickens were leaving as well.

“Not you, too, Lew.” Kermit said.

“Duty calls, Mr. The Frog.” Lew remarked.

“Yeah, but do you need to bring the chickens with you?”

“Hey, ya never know when you need an extra wing or two.” As Lew and the chickens headed out of the Happiness Hotel, Kermit tried to tell them about the foreclosure notice. But they were already out of the building before he had the chance.

“Kermit!” Someone exclaimed, and he looked up towards the top of a flight of stairs, where Sam the Eagle was standing.

“Hey, Sam.” Kermit said. “Are you leaving for San Francisco to help the others clean up the mess there?”

“On the contrary.” Sam said. “I’m staying in New York to clean up the mess here in this hotel.”

“That might take a whole century, Sam.” Kermit said.

“I hear that we have a foreclosing problem at hand.” Sam said, and Kermit was taken aback over how he knew about something that he hadn’t shared with him yet.

“Boy, not only do eagles have good eyes, they have good hearing, too.” He murmured.

“Might I suggest a brilliant and yet patriotic way of settling this foreclosure problem of ours?” Sam asked.

“Well, sure, Sam.” Kermit said. “If you have any ideas, I’ll graciously accept them.”

“I suggest that you simply turn to your old F.A.S.A. friend, Mickey Mouse.” Kermit thought about that notion and was a bit reluctant over it.

“Mickey? Well…you know better than everyone else, me included, that Mickey and I haven’t spoken to each other that often, since our visit to Disney World years ago. The both of us have been so busy opening clubs and theaters that we rarely had the time to catch up on old times.” As Kermit reminisced a little, Sam pulled out the morning’s copy of The Daily Bugle, which had a photograph of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy on the front, with the headline “Mouse and Friends Come to the N.Y.C. to Become Newest Bugle Reporters” printed over it.

“Well, it seems that you will soon get the opportunity.” Sam tossed the newspaper over to Kermit, who caught it instantly. When the frog saw the picture and the headline on the front, old memories began to come back to him, as his face expressed mixed feelings of joy and disbelief.

“Of all the cities in the world, he decides to come to this one?” He said, just as Fozzie Bear entered the scene.

“Hey, Kermit. Did you find out anything about Gonzo?” It took Kermit a while to snap out of the trance he had accidentally fallen into, before he finally realized that Fozzie asked him a question.

“U-Uh, I’m sorry, Fozzie. Did you say something?” Fozzie looked at Kermit’s face just once and sensed immediately that something surprising had come up.

“OK. Tell me what it is.” Fozzie said, and Kermit made a quick decision to just hide the news from his dear friend who he was happy to still be seeing around the Happiness Hotel recently, with The Great Gonzo missing for nearly two months. The frog instead just replaced the pleasant news with the bad.

“We’re being foreclosed, Fozzie.” Kermit said, and Fozzie spotted the notice in Kermit’s hands, panicking a little.

“Oh, no!” He shouted. “They’re kicking us out!!” Kermit shushed Fozzie, trying to keep the news confidential to everyone else; however, Pops heard what Fozzie said and got curious.

“Who’s kicking who out?” He asked, and Kermit tried to cover things up quickly.

“Uh, nobody’s kicking anyone out, Pops.” Kermit said. “Er…Fozzie was just watching a football game.”

“A football game?” Pops said. “Who’s playing?”

“The, uh…” Kermit obviously wasn’t a big football fanatic, and he had a hard time thinking up a couple of teams. He looked at Fozzie and thought up one team, “The Bears and the…uh…” He saw a few penguins passing by, “…And…And the Pennsylvania Guins!”

“The Pennsylvania Guins?” Pops remarked, intrigued over the name of the team. “Boy, they think up just about everything in the NFL.” With Pops convinced, Kermit focused back on Fozzie, speaking very quietly.

“We can’t let anyone know that we’re getting kicked out, Fozzie.”

“But, Kermit,” Fozzie said, “Half of the gang is in San Francisco right now. What’re you going to tell them when they come back and find the Happiness Hotel gone?”

“The Happiness Hotel won’t be gone, Fozzie.” Kermit said. “We’ll think of something to keep it standing…or partially standing.” Fozzie began to calm down, taking one deep breath after another.

“You’re right, Kermit. We’re the Muppets for crying out loud. We always pull through any worse case scenario.”

“That’s right. And even if Gonzo’s not here to help us out, you and I will save our home together by doing what we do best…being excellent Daily Bugle reporters!”

“Yeah!” Suddenly, the door flew open—startling Fozzie a little as he immediately clutched onto Kermit—and Miss Piggy, looking more glamorous than ever, walked right in. Rizzo the Rat, who was carrying her luggage, followed her.

“Hello, everyone.” Piggy said. “Moi is here with some marvelous news.” As Rizzo walked in, he threw Piggy’s luggage down on the floor, panting like crazy.

“You know, Piggy, I gave up my job at Da Happiness Hotel ta avoid havin’ ta carry people’s bags!” Rizzo exclaimed. “If ya want someone ta carry your bags, get da other rats!” Rizzo walked away in fury, while Kermit and Fozzie were in shock to see Piggy back from San Francisco.

“Piggy?” Kermit said. “What’re you doing here?”

“How come you’re not helping everyone get things straight at the KMUP station?” Fozzie inquired. “You’re always saying that you bring up the ratings there.”

“After that whole Hulk thing, they can bring up their own ratings.” Piggy said. “I quit my job at the KMUP station.”

“What?!” exclaimed the surprised Kermit and Fozzie.

“And I’m going to be working at the Daily Bugle as a reporter.” Piggy added.

“WHAT?!?!” Fozzie and Kermit screamed, really shocked.

“That’s right.” Piggy said, and she walked over to Kermit, hugging him and gently stroking his head. “I’m going to be working with you now, Kermie. Together, we’ll be the greatest and most romantic reporters in the Bugle.” Kermit cringed, as he thought about how things would be, with Piggy working alongside both him and Fozzie. “Oh! Oh! And let’s not forget our friends from Disney World!”

Disney World?!” shouted Fozzie, who felt like he had reached the highest peak of the surprise. “Are Roy and Walt working for the Bugle, too?”

“No, fur-brain!!” Piggy snapped, viciously, before turning to Kermit and speaking softly again. “I mean Donald, Goofy, and…Oh! Mickey!” Kermit knew it was hopeless to keep the cat in the bag any longer. He looked over at Fozzie, who just smiled, thinking about working with three of the biggest Disney stars under one roof.

“Sheesh.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

It was a rainy morning in San Francisco, when a friendly, smart, generous, and handsome young African American man named Sean Thomas rode in a taxicab with his warm-hearted, stubborn, and yet attractive Caucasian sister, Lori Thomas. Not even the gloomy weather could ruin the beautiful scenery that “The Painted Ladies” gave off in San Francisco’s Alamo Square, which was where their dear Aunt Victoria lived with her son (and their cousin), Stanley. Sean and Lori called her “Aunt Victoria” because of the beautiful white, freshly painted Victorian house she and her son lived in.

When the Thomas siblings made it to their aunt’s house, Sean took their bags out of the taxicab, while Lori paid the driver their fare. Because of the rain, they both wore beige-colored trenchcoats and carried red and blue umbrellas to keep them partially dry. They would’ve both looked like government spies had they both not been wearing New York baseball caps and their blue jeans and sneakers sticking out of their coats.

“Oh, my god. I haven’t seen Aunt Victoria in the longest time.” Lori said, clearly filled with excitement. “I remember when Mom and Dad used to take us here while they were working at the old toy factory, so she could watch over us.”

“Man! Those were the days.” Sean said, as they ascended the stairs that led up to their aunt’s house. “Remember when we spent those afternoons watching Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies, and you pretended to be Princess Leia, while I was Indy himself?”

“And you got so carried away with your role that you ended up whipping me in the eye with one of Auntie’s belts!” The both of them laughed over the memorable moments, at least until Lori stopped and touched the same eye that got whipped. “I can’t believe how long I wore that patch.” Sean continued laughing heartily, placing a hand on his sister’s shoulder in comfort.

“Hey, be glad we weren’t playing Luke versus Vader, or you’d be missing an arm right now.” Lori smiled at her brother, laughing again as she rang the doorbell. The two waited in the rain for a while, until a small, elderly Muppet woman with brown-colored skin and gray hair, wearing thick glasses with small black dots behind them, answered the door. She instantly recognized Sean and Lori.

“Heaven sakes! If it isn’t my two favorite children in the world!” Sean and Lori knelt down and hug the woman who they called “Aunt Victoria” ever since they learned to speak. After hugging them both, she gazed at Sean and smiled brightly. “Sean, I knew you’d always grow up to be such a handsome man. You always did have your mother’s wonderful looks.”

“And color, too.” Sean added, and Lori elbowed him softly in the side over his lame attempt at comedy, while Victoria aimed her focus on Lori.

“Alissa, child, I still cannot believe that’s you,” She said, “Lookin’ all prettied up as if you’re waitin’ for your prom date.” Lori chuckled a little, but she couldn’t help but to roll her eyes over the way her aunt addressing her by her birth name. She was so used to everyone calling her by her nickname that she forgot her aunt always knew her as Alissa Thomas. However, she didn’t complain, mostly because she loved Victoria as much as she loved her own parents.

“Well, you know what they say: ‘With age comes beauty’.” Lori remarked, and Sean chuckled a little over her remark. “What? It’s true!” Her brother just shook his head, as their aunt led them out of the rain (fearing that they would catch an pneumonia) and into the house, which was heavily old-fashioned. Coming down the hallway the led to the foyer, Sean and Lori spotted some framed pictures hanging on the wall of themselves as toddlers. Those photos were slightly outnumbered by the ones Victoria had of them as children at the age of six and seven, as well as ones of them in their teens and preteens.

“Good lord! I remember when I took this one!” Sean exclaimed, pointing to a picture of himself at the age of twenty-one, sitting on a park bench and wearing a black baseball cap, a gray t-shirt, long blue jeans, and black boots. “That was one of the most relaxing days of my life.”

Lori chuckled as her eyes went from Sean’s photo to one of her when she was the same age, sitting on a comfortable, vanilla-colored couch inside of a hotel lobby in New York City and wearing a black leather jacket and blue jeans. “By the time this one was taken, we were already settling down in the Big Apple, going to college.”

“Yeah, I remember that.” Sean said, with a smile. “You were twenty-one and I was barely twenty at the time. Mom and Dad were so worried about us that they delivered at least a hundred dollars a day for rent money and other things that they thought would keep us living.”

“They never did like the idea of us living in Manhattan.” Lori said. “Every day they were like, ‘You’re gonna get robbed’ or ‘There are earthquakes even in New York, you know’.” Sean laughed over Lori’s impersonation of their parents, which was almost dead-on.

“Lucky for us, they eventually learned to cope with it.” Sean said, as he set his bags down in the living room of Victoria’s house. He and Lori began to take off their trenchcoat, revealing the red, long sleeve shirt that he was wearing and the silky white blouse that she wore that morning. They took off their caps, just as their aunt, who had left them alone for a while, stepped in with a very young Muppet boy who was no bigger than Lori’s hands, with short, curly black hair and skin as brown as his mother’s. Victoria led the boy by one hand, while he had his other in his mouth.

“Sean, Alissa, I would love for you to meet your cousin, Stanley.” Victoria introduced. “Stanley, say hello to your cousins, baby.” Stanley briefly took his hand out of his mouth and waved at Sean and Lori with it, despite the fact that it was covered with saliva at the time.

“Hi, cousins.” Stanley said with a voice that was so adorable to Lori and Sean that they couldn’t help but to just fall in love with it.

“Awwwwwwww!!” They both uttered, while Stanley giggled and placed his hand back into his mouth, smiling.

“He’s so precious, Auntie.” Lori said, walking up to Stanley and tickling his little chin, making him giggle even more than he was before. “Can I hold him?” Victoria nodded in affirmation, and Lori immediately scooped the tiny Muppet child in her arms, cradling him like he was a baby. While Lori was enjoying her time with her new cousin, Sean approached his aunt and noticed how she looked a little sad.

“Are you okay, Auntie?” He asked her, and when she realized that he noticed, she wiped away her sad face and brought back her happy one.

“Oh, I’m fine, child.” Victoria told him. “I just look at Stanley and I can’t help but think about what his original family was like.” Sean understood exactly how she felt, especially considering the fact that she was adopted herself at a very young age, much like Stanley. His father told him how difficult it was for her at first, but she eventually learned to accept her new family. “They didn’t tell me what happened to them. They just said that it was tragic.”

“Don’t let it plague your mind, Auntie.” Sean said. “Just know that he’s lucky to have someone like you here with him now to take care of him.” Victoria looked up and smiled at her nephew, taking his hand and giving it a small kiss.

“Thank you, child.” She said, but then her smile began to fade. “Lord, do I love that child very much. I know I’m getting old, but I don’t want that to keep me from bringing him up to be the perfect human beings that you and Alissa turned out to be. I don’t want to leave this earth anytime soon and leave him alone again.”

“He won’t be, Auntie. Because you’re not going anywhere.” Sean promised. “You’re going to outlive both me and Lori, and you’re going to see Stanley grow up to be something great, like…I don’t know…the President of the United States.”

Victoria chuckled and patted Sean on the leg. “You’ve always been the biggest dreamer of the family child. But we have to face facts that sometime in life, we lose the ones we love the most.” Sean frowned; he didn’t want to hear someone he loved so much talk that way, especially after adopting a wonderful child like Stanley. “You kids must be famished. Let me cook you something to eat.” As Victoria moved away from him and into the kitchen, Sean’s eyes began to weld up with tears, looking at his aunt for a moment and then towards his new cousin who was tugging on one of Lori’s earrings and making her wince in pain a little. The display made him smile for a moment, but he was brought back to reality again, thinking of the possible future of his dear aunt and her new son.

END OF CHAPTER ONE​

Kermit: Stay tuned for more of this extended/alternated version of "The Amazing...Sequel!":smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good stuff Sean. But is there any reason as to why Aunt Victoria's coming across as a Muppety version of Aunt May?

On a related note, Lawrence Fishburn will voice the Silver Surfer in FF2.
And I saw this very funny commercial for ESPN's Baseball Tonight where they were playing FF2, I LOL'ed!