The State of the Jim Henson Company

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Each to their own, I guess. YTPoops aren't my cup of tea.

Drtooth

Reaction score
:search: Here's a link to a video creature shop promotional clip that offers snips from old and new projects alike. Any thoughts?

I saw that a lil while ago, and I liked it... but I felt a little disappointed as a TMNT fan that none of the clips featured the 2 movies that Henson worked on.

Personally, I think that Henson finally is doing the stuff they want to do, without having to hustle with the Muppet show characters. if there's one bright side to having sold those characters to Disney, it's that.

A Fraggle Rock movie in the works? Even when the show was ON the air, such a thing was unthinkable. Until now, Uncle Matt's cameo in MTM was the only way we'd see a Fraggle on the big screen... And while I'd say a couple of their projects have been spotty, that's par for the coarse. If you take on a lot of projects at once, you'll always have a bunch that aren't successful. Personally, I think that they're just stretching their wings, seeing what works and what doesn't.

Puppet Up seems to be going well... it's too early to have a real say on Sid the Science kid (I see good things for it, though), and those Unstable Fables only have 2 DTV's out, one recently released.

Anything that's a failure, or doesn't gel, they can only learn from at this point.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But as you and Frogboy pointed out, the FR movie seems Henson's best bet at this point. And this would mean that the movie had better do well.

Redsonga

Reaction score
A Fraggle Rock movie in the works? Even when the show was ON the air, such a thing was unthinkable.
Only because, I think it would have cost too much back then IMHO. But then, even some of the episodes had the emotional depth of a movie plot. So you can't say that, if money had not been an issue, they would have not had the raw talent, even then, to make a great movie :smile:.
I'm sure some, if not all of that talent , still lives on somewhere:big_grin:...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The talent does live on & hopefully, the message has too.