1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The State of the Jim Henson Company

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by frogboy4, Sep 4, 2008.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And they don't have focus because the people who knew where the focus should go are gone...
  2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It would be nice to see myths from Egypt and more Native American ones to...They use to talk about they all the time but I hardly hear about them anymore...
    I love manga, but I don't like the story they made up being called official. It just doesn't feel like the real characters to me :\.
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Agreed. And what's worse is when people takes these fond memories and take shots at them via things like YouTube Poops & Rick Rolls. Heck, the show that got me into drawing as a wee boy (as young as 3)--Pappyland--was the victim of a Rick Roll & a YouTube Poop...:(
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I don't like youtube poop but there is nothing I can do to combat them except make normal fan videos and hope for the best. I still say we could can them un-poops and start a new fad :excited:
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

It's a nice idea. Fan made videos that don't involve utterly twisting the material in any way!
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It is not the end of the world. The fond memory's are still there lol! That are not going to go away because of some poop...
  7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I know, especially in that persons case it seems like he wants to ruin it for people. We can't give him that satisfaction :).
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I only screw up stuff that DESERVES screwing up... Stuff that's so corny and badly done, it begs for the worst of it to be exaggerated. i've done it with one of Fliecher's worst cartoons, an episode of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, an ugly, and poorly acted version of the Riddler and the WORST episode of the cartoon version of Fraggle Rock (seriously, that episode was 90% of the fraggles gagging and choking WITHOUT my intervention... Binnoni Berries?). I wanted to do a Garfield and Friends one... but the show's so funny, there's nothing I could do that wouldn't make it less funny. But nothing that would disrespect anything that didn't need disrespect (like that horrible Yo Yogi series)

Considering the buzz about the Ghostbusters videogame (a substitute/reinvention for the Heckbent CGI film), a Labyrinth game would be amazing. Something Kingdom Hearts, like with great graphics. If Labyrinth or Dark Crystal aren't deserving of a grand RPG video game, I don't know what is.
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But the dude himself even titled his YTPoop with the hurtful words, "Nostalgic people have no sense of humor". I'd like to retort that we nostaglic fogies do have a sense of humor, but it's less cynical in nature than the humor mostly depicted today.
  10. Drtooth

Here's a question before we go even further off topic... which ones are you watching? There are some pretty horrible nasty little ones that basically use dumb sex jokes... and there are some that are just plain silly and fun: Check out some made by Froggo Fan especially Stegmutt puts out the Darkwing. See... this is made by someone who's genuinely a fan of these shows and goes for wacky humor over reprehensible stuff. Nothing offensive, nothing vulgar... just Putting out Darkwing. My only complaint is that this guy reuses the same footage over and over. But I think he's the only one who really makes great ones.
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Each to their own, I guess. YTPoops aren't my cup of tea.
  12. Drtooth

I saw that a lil while ago, and I liked it... but I felt a little disappointed as a TMNT fan that none of the clips featured the 2 movies that Henson worked on.

Personally, I think that Henson finally is doing the stuff they want to do, without having to hustle with the Muppet show characters. if there's one bright side to having sold those characters to Disney, it's that.

A Fraggle Rock movie in the works? Even when the show was ON the air, such a thing was unthinkable. Until now, Uncle Matt's cameo in MTM was the only way we'd see a Fraggle on the big screen... And while I'd say a couple of their projects have been spotty, that's par for the coarse. If you take on a lot of projects at once, you'll always have a bunch that aren't successful. Personally, I think that they're just stretching their wings, seeing what works and what doesn't.

Puppet Up seems to be going well... it's too early to have a real say on Sid the Science kid (I see good things for it, though), and those Unstable Fables only have 2 DTV's out, one recently released.

Anything that's a failure, or doesn't gel, they can only learn from at this point.
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But as you and Frogboy pointed out, the FR movie seems Henson's best bet at this point. And this would mean that the movie had better do well.
  14. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Only because, I think it would have cost too much back then IMHO. But then, even some of the episodes had the emotional depth of a movie plot. So you can't say that, if money had not been an issue, they would have not had the raw talent, even then, to make a great movie :).
    I'm sure some, if not all of that talent , still lives on somewhere:D...
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

The talent does live on & hopefully, the message has too.