1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Swedish Chef in "The Muppet Movie"

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Katzi428, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

In "The Muppet Movie" was I the only one that thought it was funny when the Swedish Chef was tangled in the film?
    (Kermit:Hey..what happened?"
    Swedish Chef*film wrapped around him": Derversh de flim go flipflipflipflip!!)
    When I saw TMM for the first time,I was about 9 & went with my older brother.When I saw the Swedish Chef's predicament,I laughed like crazy! My older brother was embarrassed because he thought I was the only one in the theater laughing at it!
    Anyone else think it was funny?
    Chef: Der flim is okeedokee! :D
  2. JaniceFerSure Active Member

Hiya Kathy.I thought that part in the film was a nice intermission.I'm glad Swedish Chef was included in the movie somehow.:smirk:
  3. Vic Romano Active Member

This was the funniest line he gave in TMM, but I always laugh out loud in TMTM when he holds the cups up to his eyes mocking 3D and goes "Doodly doo doo doo!"
  4. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

LOL...yeah! The Chef's wacky but cool too!
  5. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Indeed yes. He's very funny. I like it when he throws Popcorn. "The popcorn ees popping in yer face and it's, three-dee."

Also, whenever I am holding two cups, I feel a moral reponsibility to put them to my eyes, and go. "Dooby doo doo bee do." I don't know why.
  6. Docnzhoss Active Member

No, you were not the only one to find that funny! The Swedish Chef has terrific cameos in all of the major Muppet films, and he's always good for a laugh.
  7. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Is he, I assume he is, but where, is he in Muppet Christmas Carol? I can't recall.
  8. MuppetDude Active Member

He's in the Fozziewig scene, with singing grapes. He was played by David Rudman for that scene.
  9. Mickey Moose New Member

I liked how they used him in MTI. He was on the island with the pigs, wearing a pig nose. Some one on screen commented to the audience "How else were we going to work him into this movie" or words to that effect. Thought that was pretty funny.
  10. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Eng de moushy, on squerdemoushy!
  11. DanDanStrawberry Active Member

I adore the Swedish Chef, he is one of my favourite muppets [he has to be beaten by Astoria, Tutter and Beaker]
  12. tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I like the swedish chef! I wish I could learn mock swedish so if I ever come across him, and meet him in person, and talk, then we can understand eachother! :crazy:
  13. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Ergofru, ergonfru, flerdy, blip, blip, bluuu de Chicky een de basky!
  14. Yeah they do have a hard time working him in a lot of the movies but I love his cameos. As far as MCC, that was one of my biggest complaints about the movie is that the main muppets have such small roles. Thats OK though its still a good movie especially for being the first major project in the post Jim Henson era.
  15. Xerus Active Member

The Sweedish Chef is in the Muppet Party Cruise game. They have him wandering around the ship carrying a blunder buster gun. Where he tries to shoot chickens in the air.
  16. Cantus Rock New Member

Chef also runs the projector at Muppet*Vision 3D.

Kermit: Everything okay up there Chef?
    Chef: Hoppin hoppin da machine is goin da floomy floom!
    Kermit: Thats great!

LOL, gotta love the Chef. :)
  17. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Yeah...I like that too!Like you said...gotta love The Chef! :D
  18. Beauregard Well-Known Member

I think with that film, you have to look at it as the Muppets being cameos in a regular film, where they are actors who auditioned roles and only managed to get small roles for once. That way, it's good.

Also, I've noticed that everyone you speak to who knows very little about the Muppets says, "Oh, I loved Muppet Christmas Carol." Wonder why that is? And why that's the one they remeber?
  19. Cantus Rock New Member

How old are the people you're talk to? Because for a lot of younger Muppet fans MCC was the first Muppet film they saw in theaters. And since its the best Muppet film since Jim's passing (IMO), I suppose it sticks with them.

There is no accounting for passive fans my friend. Thats why I don't like 'em. :)
  20. Beauregard Well-Known Member

These are all teenagers, mainly. I guess maybe it was the first film they saw and therefore it stuck with them. Hmmm. Strange though.