The Three Detectives created by Martin Johnson

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, this just keeps getting better and better! And yes, Sylinde Brren does deserve that splender!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
CHAPTER TWELVE

The party had been underway for twenty-five minutes when suddenly there was a loud sound of barking and snarling and the guests screamed as all the Muppet dogs came madly bounding among the people followed by Super Muppet and his henchmen. They were brandishing clubs and Super Muppet cried out, "This is a stick-up. Don't try anything stupid and my dogs won't hurt anybody."

This was the moment when the whistles would be put to the test. The Detectives and all the Police pulled them out and put them to their lips. They blew with all their might. The effect was slow but sure. One by one all the dogs fell asleep. Rowlf, Rover Joe, Sprocket, Baskerville, Foo Foo and even great big Barkley stopped in their tracks and collapsed snoozing gently. All the time the police were brandishing their own truncheons and blowing their whistles. Constable Barry Lee subdued bananainmebutt while Sargent Dave Ebersole apprehended popsicle. They put up a fight but in the end the officers had overpowered them and knocked their clubs out of their hands. They were forced to the ground and firmly handcuffed behind their backs.
But a bad thing happened. Patrolbear Fozzie and Sargent Link Hogthrob were attempting to arrest Super and Baba when they fell asleep while they were blowing their whistles.
"Oh no." Marty cried as he saw them fall to the ground. "These whistles must affect all animals, not just dogs"
"They're making a run for it." Snowthy shouted as he saw Super and Baba run away from the rest of the policemen and seize a hostage among the guests. A young female wearing an Electric Mayhem t-shirt with Floyd Pepper on the front. She screamed as Super held her firmly. "Don't try anything." he warned. "Baba and I are walking out of here to our car with this young lady."

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

As the Detectives watched on horrified, the two villians dragged the young teenage girl whimpering out of the grounds into their car and drove away.
There was nothing anybody could do.
Later before popsicle and bananainmebutt were taken away to join club car man and leaper gnome in custody, Kendra asked Lady Louvier who that young girl was and why had she been at the party.
Lady Louvier wiped her eyes with her handkerchief. "She is a nice girl whose parents I know well and she sometimes does a little bit of part-time work as a servant for me. She was helping with the serving of the refreshments today. The poor dear." She blew her nose.
"What's her name?" asked Kendra.
"She doesn't really like her name and would be upset if I told it to anyone," explained Her Ladyship. "But she is a big fan of the Electric Mayhem and prefers to be called Sgt. Floyd after her favourite band member."

The Detectives knew the villians had probably taken poor Sgt. Floyd as they had to call her to their secret hideout. Her rescue was imperatively required. But how to locate her?
Snowthy had an idea. "Maybe the dogs could lead us to Super by their sense of tracking smell combined."
Marty agreed. "That is an excellent idea, except Bunsen told us that the whistle would only put them to sleep, not break the spell on them. If we could cure them then they could help us. What shall we do?"
Kendra suggested, "Why don't we try a different muppet scientist this time? Dr. Phil Van Neuter from Muppets Tonight? Maybe he could do something quicker than Bunsen."
Marty and Snowthy said anything was certainly worth a try, so with the help of the police they muzzled all the sleeping dogs and after waking up Fozzie and Link with buckets of cold water they loaded them into the spare paddywagons and they called Dr.Phil who said he knew a guaranteed way of breaking Super's hold over the dogs. So they drove all the dogs to his Veterinarian's offices to see just what he had in mind.
All three Detectives were hoping desperately that he would be a genuine aid to their mission.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Loving the story so far! *still can't get over it* I'm a rich woman, wow. :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
:big_grin: I'm so very pleased you like the way I chose to depict you Sara.
I hope as many of the MC members who have starring roles in this fan fic as possible notice it in the end.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well Sarah, I always did think your name was very rich-sounding...
Wow, this is a great story, and I can't wait to see what happens next! I'm a bit worried though.
:concern: My most vivid picture of Phill is of him dancing around singing "cooperation makes it happen!" Ever read Muppetwriter's F4 story?
:crazy:
:wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Personally I didn't read it Kate. But no need to worry. I know exactly what Dr.Phil is going to do, and I'm sure you'll find it funny in the end. But that must wait until I write the next chapter some other time. :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
CHAPTER 14

When they arrived at the Veterinarian's building the Detectives left the police with the dogs and knocked at the door. It immediately opened all by itself with nobody there. The trio entered a small hallway past some very weird-looking animals in cages who snarled and hissed at them. They were calling out Dr.Phil's name as they went along till they came to a pair of push-through doors. "Do you suppose he is in here?" asked Snowthy.
"Well he has to be home. He knew we were coming." Marty replied. "Let's go," he added leading the way.

As the Detectives pushed through the doors they all had a big fright and fell into each other's arms as Dr.Phil himself suddenly jumped out of a box nearby.
"Hahaohoho. Scared you, didn't I? I am Dr.Phil, your friendly veterinarian surgeon and I'm here with another great..."
"Wait a minute Dr.Phil." Martin cried out urgently. "You're not on "Tales of the Vet" anymore. Remember?"
"Oh yes, that's true." Dr.Phil climbed out of the box rather sheepishly. "Sorry," he apologized. "Force of habit."

After calming down he directed the Detectives attention to a large metal machine with one end marked entrance and the other marked exit and explained that all they needed to do was push each dog into the entrance and they would emerge from the exit completely set free from Super's control. So they got the police to start bringing all the dogs in with their muzzles firmly fastened into place and each one was shoved inside Dr.Phil's invention one by one by officers Barry, Dave and even Link and Fozzie. And each one went inside defiantly growling inside the muzzle still fastened around their jaws, but once inside there was a strange sound, like a big growl and each dog came hurtling through the exit, minus the muzzle and yapping in utter panic. It was incredible. They were terrified but obviously in their own minds again.
The last dog to go was Barkeley. However when Link and Fozzie tried to get him in somehow Fozzie ended up being accidentally shoved inside ahead of Barkeley by Link.
"Yeeoowll!" he screamed loudly and Link felt very shocked as he realized what happened. The Detectives gasped in horror and Dr.Phil was aghast. What sort of effect would the machine have upon Fozzie?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
CHAPTER 15

There was the same sort of terrible growl and Fozzie yelled in panic and hurled himself out as Barkeley nearly trampled him trying to get out himself in panic. All the other dogs were calming down after their shock and Link cried, "Patrol Bear. What happened in there?"
Fozzie struggled to find his voice. "Something grabbed me and tried to pull my lips off while it was growling in my face. I thought I was going to be savagely mauled. It was dreadful."
As he collapsed in a chair while Kendra poured him a drink of water, Officers Dave and Barry demanded to know exactly what had happened.
"Okay," Dr.Phil sighed. "This isn't really a proper machine at all. My assistant Mulch is inside here and as each dog entered he would seize it with his strong hands tearing off the muzzle and growling loudly into its face to scare it so much that the trance would be broken. I'm so embarassed. I never was a terribly mechanically-gifted sort of scientist." He hung his head in shame. Then looking up brightly he said smilingly, "But, hey I said it would free them from Super's control and it certainly worked. Didn't it?"

Well everybody had to admit that it had. Even Barkeley was becoming his old bouncy, cheerful self again and when Marty, Snowthy and Kendra explained the situation the dogs all unanimously agreed to lead them and the police to Super's secret hideout. So they all said thank you to Dr.Phil Van Neuter and asked him to pass on their thanks to Mulch as well when he was out of the "machine" Phil promised he would and waved good bye from his front door, wishing them the best of luck.
This was it. The final showdown was approaching. They prayed that Super and Baba would not hurt that poor girl Sgt. Floyd. They simply had to find a way to rescue her.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Great story! I cant wait to see what happens to me...I think:wink: