The Twiddlebugs are back!

DTWolf

Reaction score
I don't dislike CGI per se--in many shows/movies I love it. It just makes my hackles rise to see characters that were originally puppets turn CGI on Sesame Street, particularly since I can't imagine any need to make the switch.

But, as I said in the Sesame Street season 37 thread, I did enjoy the skit. It was well done and I laughed despite my instant horror of the (perceived) desecration of the CGI switch.

And, oh yeah, I agree the voices were great.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
I have two questions...
  • Who are the new performers of the twiddlebug family?
  • Is this traditional computer animation (like Pixar's stuff) or is some kind of digital performance system (like what's used for Waldo C. Graphic, "Elmo's World" and "Frances")?

scarecroe

Reaction score
The Count said:
So you guys know... The Twiddlebugs main family have names, from the coloring book The New Who's Who On Sesame Street.

The father or blue Twiddlebug is Thomas.
The violet mom is Tessie.
The small orange son is Teddy.
And the red daughter is Tina.

Hope this helps.
Actually, that's incorrect. Whoever put together that version of Who's Who didn't have their work proofread. Here's the correct list of names...

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Twiddlebugs

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
It was cool that they [the Twiddlebugs] even used a digital camera as well.
Pretty soon, all digital cameras will be that small!!
Vic Romano said:
The voices were perfect too IMHO. If I have one complaint, it's the father's mustache.
That's what I thought too. I don't remember the originals too much, but what I heard when I watched that clip sounded right. And yeah, mustache on the father was funny-lookin'.

D

Dil

Yes, I saw a video clip of the new Twiddlebug Scene, and the Twiddelbugs aren't in Muppet Form, instead they are computer graphiced.
Plus, Thomas Twiddlebug now has a mustache.

Sorry, I'm getting more in a mood to something else.
That's why I don't post often anymore.

BEAR

Reaction score
Dil said:
Sorry, I'm getting more in a mood to something else.
That's why I don't post often anymore.

What do you mean, Dil?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
you know I hate cgi as much as everyone else who hates it but this! This I love they got that muppet look down perfectly!! They look almost claymation it's so wonderfull and I hope they do more of the twiddle bugs now!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
GGI huh? well.... :confused: thats kinda cool i guess even tho i prefer the puppets/muppets version! :smile: BUT ....glad to have em back! can someone YOUTUBE it for us? :zany:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Thanks, just added to my faves list. *high-5*