The VHS Thread

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Most of my favorite VHS tapes when I was little were made under 'Hi-Top Video' with the huge red shoe logo and the laces tieing...
Hmmm that make me wonder if they will ever put out more than the movie on DVD of the 80's Pound Puppies series *sigh*
I remember those Hi-Top videos too.:smile: By the way, you know that The Hub now has a new "Pound Puppies" cartoon airing, right?
http://www.hubworld.com/pound-puppies/shows/pound-puppies
As for episodes on DVD, besides the movie- "Pound Puppies and The Legend of Big Paw", at least the pilot episode has been released to DVD, perhaps with some other random ones.
Back in 2007, the Pound Puppies plush dog toys started getting released again and Toys 'R' Us was carrying them for a while. These toys included a bonus DVD with episodes of the cartoon.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pound-Puppies-Toy-DVD-Combo/8247
Hope that helps you. I don't know if you can still get them in stores, but perhaps on Ebay?
Or here it is on Amazon.com (kinda pricey though) http://www.amazon.com/Pound-Puppy-D...CJX4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303858092&sr=8-3

Redsonga

Reaction score
The new Pound Puppies series..it really doesn't have the same charm IMHO. They tried to hard to change it and it didn't work well, the animation is meh to ;.;

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
That's my general opinion of a lot of the revamped '80s series on The Hub- the new My Little Pony, Pound Puppies and G.I. Joe and Transformers series... nice that they have new series, but I don't think they're really anything quite as good as the original 1980s classics.
Just wanted to make sure you knew about it though.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Doesnt boomerang show the old pound puppies cartoon? They used to...I haven't noticed if its been on or not

Redsonga

Reaction score
My cable doesn't offer boomerang at all, so I've never had it ;.;

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've found an "opening to 1983 VHS of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPlvWHRTx1I&feature=related

One thing that intrigues me is the note at the beginning, which says "for sale only". But I also found an "Opening for 1981 release", which had a "For rental only". Interesting that there'd be "rental" and "Sale" copies, but not copies intended for both.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's my general opinion of a lot of the revamped '80s series on The Hub- the new My Little Pony, Pound Puppies and G.I. Joe and Transformers series... nice that they have new series, but I don't think they're really anything quite as good as the original 1980s classics.
Just wanted to make sure you knew about it though.
You can buy the entire whole of Transformers on DVD, thanks to Shout... G.I. Joe is also out (I dunno to what extent, I never got into the Joes). I'm sure that other Hasbro properties are going to come out at some point... I know Jem is. For some strange reason, Warners Archive feels it has to release Challenge of the Go Bots...

I wonder if Pound Puppies (which is surprisingly good) would have to come out through WB, since they're Hasbro too (right? been years since I knew).

I DID however see a Transformers VHS at a Good Will with the box in good enough condition. I might grab it if they still have it. Even if the VHS doesn't work, I get to keep the really cool box it came in... maybe I could cut it up and frame it.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, it's nice to have Challenge of the Gobots out on DVD too- there are some fans of the show out there.:smile:
I remember it being around but I was definitely much more into Transformers as a kid- though I do think I had at least one of the Gobots toys and maybe a coloring book at some point.

I'm not sure that Pound Puppies is owned by Hasbro... you could be right though. www.poundpuppies.com can probably confirm that...

Redsonga

Reaction score
Pound Puppies, the 80's version, were made by Tonka the animated series was made by Hanna-Barbera...There are only 26 episodes, it's not like it would kill them to make one set like they did for Rainbow Brite *sigh*