The Videogame Thread

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I love Kingdom Hearts, but I seem to be one of the few fans that like it for its Disney elements more than anything. How it took Disney characters and gave an epic linked together feeling to their worlds. I just wish with the games they had used totally different Disney worlds in each one in place of reusing the same ones and adding a few that were new ...

But I am not a fan of the whole clone of Sora's heart plot that so many fans seem to be in love with now, I really don't care about 13 cardbroad cutout villainy like characters; when a new game could have Sora and the gang and new Disney worlds
Yeah I love the Disney link in as well. In the first Kingdom Hearts (which I played but never got to beat) I love the top team of Disney villains which Maleficent (as the unquestion leader of the group), Jafar, Oogie Boogie, Ursula, Captain Hook, and Hades. I still love the scene in the game where they're all interacting with each other

That said, I still say the best Videogame based cartoon has to be Earthworm Jim. They managed to make it not a blatant commercial, yet keep the spirit of the game series... plus, it was good enough to stand alone as a cartoon series. Too bad they didn't give it a good chance on its second season, though.
I love that game as well, I dare say it held up pretty well for itself even after the show was gone. Great game

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Before that the last game I beat was Super Mario Bros DS
Yeah! I agree, That has to be one of the best games to come around in a long time!

I agree that the Earthworm Jim cartoon was cool. With it's original human and Jim's childlike view of the world. And I always like when they take a break from the adventure and show what another villain does when he or she isn't battling Jim.
Yeah! That cartoon really was one of the tops in my opinion! And it's one of my favorite performers too!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah! That cartoon really was one of the tops in my opinion! And it's one of my favorite performers too!
Too bad that 3-D game spelled the end of his career... they were going to bring the character back somehow by putting the first game on PSP, but that got cancelled...

Speaking of video game cartoons, the worst one in HISTORY has to have been Double Dragon Which turned them into super heroes for no good reason... almost as bad as the live action movie.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
One of my favorite games is Medievil, which came out for the playstation 1 back in the late 90's. It has a gothic feel to it and the music rocks.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I played that game for the first time a few weeks ago. It was interesting, but I was totally confused about what the heck I was suposed to be doing since I started playing it towards the middle of the game...

Redsonga

Reaction score
I loved the Street Fighter cartoon :3. It almost got me to paint my legs in camo once so I could be a little mini Cammy :big_grin:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I wish they'd release Mario Paint on the Wii or something. I never got to have that game as a kid and LOVED making music with Mario sound effects :stick_out_tongue:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wish they'd release Mario Paint on the Wii or something. I never got to have that game as a kid and LOVED making music with Mario sound effects :stick_out_tongue:
Love that program! Used to love going over to my friends house to play it!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Yeah, going to somebody's house to play it was all I could do :/ It was the same with Mario All Stars.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There was supposed to be some sort of Mario Paint type dealy for the N64 or Game Cube (my memory of it is fuzzy).... but it got cancelled... at least in the US...

And here's something for Video game and cartoon fans.... an unfinished (yet close) Tiny Toons game that was clearly for the PS 2....
Intro (catch the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe Reference?)
Playthrough part 1 2 3 and I'm too lazy to find 4 and 5, just check "related videos"

Notice anything... odd? They actually got Charles Adler back to play Buster... odd, because there was... well, an unpleasantness between him and the TTA voice directors.... among other things, he wasn't offered a role in Animaniacs... which is another story for another day. But seems they got all the surviving cast members back. Billy West takes over Hampton (as with a lot of other Don Messick voices) in this one, and sounds very very close.