The Videogame Thread

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I got a DS for Christmas, and admittedly I haven't really been playing it. I only have two games and I'm bored with them XD I hope to get my hands on Mario Kart DS soon, though. It'll bring back memories of when I played Super Mario Kart as a kid (yeah, I'm just that old).

Speaking of Super, I've had this incredible urge to play Yoshi's Island and Super Mario World lately. Sadly, my parents sold my Super Nintendo a few years ago, so there isn't much I can do :frown:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It'll bring back memories of when I played Super Mario Kart as a kid (yeah, I'm just that old)
Great, now us Atari and original NES owners may feel even older! :stick_out_tongue:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Great, now us Atari and original NES owners may feel even older! :stick_out_tongue:
Hey, I played the NES, too :wink: Didn't have an Atari but I know the NES took many an hour from my life. My sister and cousins were crazy for Super Mario, I can still recall playing that game at my grandma's house and finally beating Bowser.

I just figured there was probably a number of people born in the very late 80s or early to mid 90s here who would consider me old as a result :smirk:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I just figured there was probably a number of people born in the very late 80s or early to mid 90s here who would consider me old as a result :smirk:
Whilst this is true, we--BOTH 80's and 90's children--come from similar generations, which is why we enjoy a lot of the same stuff, Muppets-related or not. :smile:

Me personally, I was born in '84, and so, I think I got a good majority of BOTH the 80's and 90's stuff as a child. Then again, I've also enjoyed some of the things that have come before my time, such as Sesame Street--which started in the 60's/70's--and Underdog--a 60's cartoon phenomenon that became a American symbol over the years--and a few of the things that came after my time, such as Johnen Vasquez's underground hit, Invader Zim (which does have standards, despite being made by the same twisted genius who--like fellow madcap artist, Tim Burton--lives in a nightmare-ish world of dark creepiness & who has thusly created stuff like Johnny the Homicidal Maniac as a result; :crazy: ).

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Well said :smile:

Now I'll back off before I say anything else stupid :x

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But back to videogames: Does anybody wish to post what they consider the best videogames of all time?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
But back to videogames: Does anybody wish to post what they consider the best videogames of all time?
My top ten... of the moment:

10. TIE - Goonies II/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (both for NES)
9. Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
8. Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Playstation)
7. Super Mario Brothers (NES)
6. Jet Grind Radio (Dreamcast)
5. Grand Theft Auto Vice City (PS2)
4. Super Mario World (Super NES)
3. 007: Goldeneye (Nintendo 64)
2. Lode Runner (NES)
1. Grand Theft Auto III (PS2)

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Number #10 sounds iffy to me, because in the NES TMNT games, you couldn't even JUMP over small gaps in order to advance in the game! You just walked right over said gaps and had no real range with ANY turtle except Don, due to his bow's length!