The Wander over Yonder Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really liked how Wander and Sylvia reacted to the hot shot hero coming to steal their thunder to save the planet from a Dom Bot attack, with Sylvia finding him reprehensible in how he seemingly cares only for money and making out with princesses, and Wander just finding him inspirational seeing as how much more rugged he is.
Of course, this was all revealed as a con job in the end.

The episode following it was about Lord Dominator going incognito and going on a night out, and befriending Sylvia as they hit it off real well. That is, until Dom gets Sylvia into way more trouble than usual thanks to her warped ideology on friendship.

C to the J

Reaction score
Surely, someone's been keeping up with the latest episodes. It all leads up to what we're perceiving as the series finale (June 27th).

The Search for Captain Tim, which includes that one scene first shown/foretold in The Waste of Time, has a pretty amusing storyline, one wherein a master trusts his pet to protect him and make him feel better. Captain Tim's previous appearance was in The Bad Neighbors (also amusing, by the way). I also like the way it threw in references to previous episodes (including Hater's mechanical arm).

The Heebie Jeebies. You can guess that's about - this one shows how to overcome one's fears in true Wander fashion. I'm certain no other cartoon can do it better than Wander Over Yonder can. Even accordion music can come off as creepy.

C to the J

Reaction score
Better get your DVRs ready for tomorrow night (if you have any) - "The End of the Galaxy," the last episode, is upon us (much to the chagrin of those who wish the show would continue). What I've found from the episode's summary is that there's one planet remaining and Lord Hater is determined to conquer it, so here's what I'm predicting...
  • The planet in question is the same one hiding from Lord Dominator's sight in "The Secret Planet."
  • Dominator is running low on Volcanium X, which kept her ship and army going, although there could be an icy substitute now that she possesses both lava and ice powers.
  • Wander, Sylvia, and everyone they've met in their travels band together, with Lord Hater and the other villains eventually (and temporarily) joining them.
  • And maybe, juuuuhhhhssst maybe, Hater will find out what Wander's original name was, which should be enough to make him blow his stack.
I'm sure they'll have the whole thing wrapped up in a way that will satisfy the fans of the show.

C to the J

Reaction score
As long as we're waiting, I'd like to share something I discovered on fanfiction.net a while back. It's not exactly Dominator's origin story, but a well-written insight of how she became powerful, complete with the same kind of humor you'd expect in the style of Craig McCracken and the people involved in the show.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11457562/1/The-Dominator-Rises

I don't know much about Noël Wells (mainly because I don't give a care about 21st century SNL), but I'm pretty sure Dominator's lines and behavior in this piece of fan fiction are spot on. And that nickname Syzar gives her really cracks me up.

C to the J

Reaction score
Well This reminds of the cancelled SST figure lines, we were going to get this.
https://67.media.tumblr.com/3c71b739a197ffb6bf91848db3c4b5ed/tumblr_o9itnmHwO41sdjk12o1_r2_540.png
Fascinating discovery! Looking at that plush doll makes me think Wander really is some kind of 'Muppet man.' I can imagine the characters in Pop! figurine form, but it might not happen (unless, of course, enough fans say they'll buy the merchandise). And if the two seasons ever come out on DVD (or Blu-ray), I'd get them, but apparently, Disney has more interest in advertising movies and less interest in advertising TV shows.

Now as for the latest episode, I was right about one thing - everyone in the galaxy (sans the villains, who were probably on that suburban sitcom planet from "The Bad Neighbors") sought refuge on the secret planet. Now Wander, being the optimist he is, decides to go see Dominator and find out why she became evil in the first place. You gotta admire his persistence to do good and see the kindness in everyone. Unfortunately, Dommi has no kindness whatsoever.

Also, it was pretty funny to watch Hater act all serious about conquering the planet (which he'd found via Wander's whereabouts) and vanquishing Dominator to save the galaxy (so he can conquer it later), which no doubt made Peepers ecstatic. What's even funnier was seeing the Skullship transform into "Skullcrusher Mode,"
but it wasn't enough to repel a tiny blast from Dominator's ship.

And just when you think there's not enough hope,
that "Hate's great! Best villain!" chant gives Hater and his electric barrier around the planetoid enough energy to push the drill back into the ship, penetrating it.

Wander saves Dominator in an Orbble. But once again, even after being offered a friendly welcome and friendship among everyone, she proves she's still a selfish, heartless, unpleasant malefactor and storms off, but not before taking an orange from Wander's fruit basket.

In the end, things do get back to normal, although there is something in the animatic telling us what to expect in the third season, if the show never got canceled, that is.

mr3urious

Reaction score
In the end, things do get back to normal, although there is something in the animatic telling us what to expect in the third season, if the show never got canceled, that is.
The finale had a good amount of closure to it, but it's obvious that Craig McCracken had plans for more beyond that. Unfortunately, we're still never going to see it, if ever. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well This reminds of the cancelled SST figure lines, we were going to get this.
https://67.media.tumblr.com/3c71b739a197ffb6bf91848db3c4b5ed/tumblr_o9itnmHwO41sdjk12o1_r2_540.png
At least we get a reason for that "commercially unsound" gag from "The New Toy."

Considering the poor distribution of the Gravity Falls merchandise, I'm not in the least surprised by this. Though there's no reason Disney couldn't have sold at least some PVC set or something at their stores. Even the lower priority preschool shows seem to get one.

C to the J

Reaction score
Did I say "taking an orange from Wander's fruit basket"? I should have said, "taking Wander's fruit basket." My memory is kind of vague.

So, anyone care to make comments on the past several episodes? The Bitties in "The Sky Guy" sort of remind me of Pikmin. And I'm sure somebody here might have something to say about "The Robomechabotatron."

C to the J

Reaction score
Hey you guuuuyyyys!

We still have a chance to express our interest in a third season:
savewoy.tumblr.com
http://savewoy.savedisneyshows.org/

And if Kim Possible was able to be picked up for one more season due to popular demand, I'm pretty sure that with enough support from many, many people, this show just might have a shot.