The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I get the feeling the latest update to Adobe Premiere actually removed certain effects . . . there used to be a set of filters you could use, such as Day for Night, 60s, 70s, what have you . . . I don't see any of those anymore. :confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You forgot the Men in Black series. That one lasted a good while.
I can't remember if I knew about that one or not. Your mention of it doesn't ring a bell, yet I feel slightly aware now (maybe I'm trying to be aware/remember if I knew).

Drtooth

Reaction score
And yet it seems like the animated shows based on live-action movies were more successful... Though now that I think about it, the only ones I can think of off-hand that seemed to really last long were Beetlejuice and The Real Ghostbusters (and yet I feel the movies are better known with today's audiences, though I recall knowing about the animated shows before the movies). Still, I feel like the animated Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures, Back to the Future, and The Mask were fairly successful, not sure about the animated Attack of the Killer Tomatos, Police Academy, Dumb and Dumber, or Ace Ventura. Would Batman: The Animated Series qualify as an animated version of the '90s Batman films?

I don't know if I'd count Jackie Chan Adventures either. it seems like a distillation of all his movies, not so much an adaption. But, HEY. Five seasons, plus a season 1.5 that was...kinda unnecessary.

I've noticed now that we're actually getting less of these adaptions of live action movies, and when we do, it's for adult audiences. The sadly past its relevance and underrated Napoleon Dynamite, the not good, but certainly not a "so Bad it's Terrible" mention Space Balls. And of course Black Dynamite. Haven't seen a live action movie for older general audiences if not adults become a kid's cartoon. Dreamworks properties and Disney properties? Sure. Disney's still doing that with Lion Guard, the unfortunately unsuccessful Tron series, and Tangled.

Also, let's not forget Toxic Crusaders, Rambo, and Robo-Cop as "How did these become kid's cartoons?"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I saw the pilot for TOXIC CRUSADERS on YouTube a while back (along with Lloyd Kaufman's cynical and sarcastic introduction), and saw that it was actually written by, you guessed it, Chuck Lorre . . . which makes sense when you think about it: it was produced by Fred Wolf Films, who also did the 80s TMNT cartoon, of which Chuck did the music for.

But, getting back to TOXIC CRUSADERS, it feels very much like every cheesy/pointless filler episode of TMNT, mixed with CAPTAIN PLANET, put into a blender, and somehow this was the end result.

EDIT: Aw, what the heck.

"Can you say, 'Devil-Worshipping International Media Conglomerate'?"

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I guess Joel McHale will be going back on my list of overrated actors now that he's getting a new show already.

I know this is something that networks do and have done for decades, but doesn't it seem like it's gotten to an excessive level lately of giving actors new shows almost immediately after their previous shows end? I mean, heck, Pat Warburton got a new show immediately after his old one ended . . . and I actually like the guy, but it was too soon. Not to mention it looked exactly like his old show, only with overtly sexual twentysomething daughters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But, getting back to TOXIC CRUSADERS, it feels very much like every cheesy/pointless filler episode of TMNT, mixed with CAPTAIN PLANET, put into a blender, and somehow this was the end result.
Toxic Crusaders is what I like to say is in the higher quality level of 1990's TMNT wannabes. Right up there with Bucky O'Hare and C.O.W.Boys (despite ABC's constant stifling of the series). And yet everyone remembers the abysmal Street Sharks series.

Toxic Crusaders catches me as the better to watch of the environmental cartoon shows, that kept the message friendly and on point instead of the preachy, overly "P.C." (for the lack of a better word, and I hate that term) joke that I swear the modern conservative bases their hate for liberals on, and I sure as heck can't blame them.

I feel bad for Toxic Crusaders. It's a really sarcastic little show that knows its a parody of one based on a movie that's totally not for kids. It was somehow too out there for kids (and *&^%in' Street Sharks and Extreme Dinosaurs wasn't?) and never got the due it was supposed to, toyline and garbage video games aside. Then again, Bucky and Cows never got their due either. Bucky's failure even prevented a Space Usagi cartoon from happening. Though Bucky in comic form did predate Usagi Yojimbo in comic form as well.

But TC is a cartoon I suggest watching. It's incredibly tongue in cheek, and dare I say funnier than the 80's TMNT series. Well, maybe not Cowabunga Shredhead.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh, I just realized that as of yesterday i've officially been a member of MC for one whole year. Time goes by really fast.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Irish Fest is cool and all, but couldn't they hold it sometime during spring or fall, instead right dead in summer when it's over 90 fricken degrees and blistering hot outside?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I liked it better when Chip Esten was a comedian instead of a country crooner.
Me too. Though I don't mind him being a country singer on Nashville, I like him a lot better on Whose Line Is It Anyway as well.

Last edited: