The "You know what?" thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Since nostalgia comes in 20-year cycles and the whole world is nostalgic about the 90s right now (like I said, come 2020, we'll start reminiscining about what a grade decade the Turn of the Millennium was), I guess shows like SEINFELD, FRASIER, FRIENDS, EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, 3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN, WILL & GRACE, and other such 90s shows really can be consider "classics" in the truest definition of the word now (which is still hard for me to believe); after all, music from the 60s was already considered "oldies" by the 80s.
That is odd, I was also pretty surprised by the fact that 90s rock like Nirvana, is now being considered "classic rock".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been hearing a lot of the original versions of SST celebrity spoof songs on the radio lately. "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls, "Two Princes" by the Spin Doctors, "Hold My Hand" by Darius Rucker, and others . . . sometimes when they start up on the radio, I immediately think I'm about to hear the SST spoof versions.

cjd874

Reaction score
I've been hearing a lot of the original versions of SST celebrity spoof songs on the radio lately. "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls, "Two Princes" by the Spin Doctors, "Hold My Hand" by Darius Rucker, and others . . . sometimes when they start up on the radio, I immediately think I'm about to hear the SST spoof versions.
As a kid, I actually heard the Sesame Street parodies before I discovered the originals. Same for Norah Jones's "Don't Know Why."

When it comes to a lot of celebrities, I usually know them from their appearances on Sesame Street or the Muppet Show, instead of the actual films or songs that made them famous. For example, I knew Madeline Kahn from "Sing After Me" and her classic TMS episode, not from Young Frankenstein or Blazing Saddles. I saw Rita Moreno on TMS before West Side Story, and saw Elton John on TMS long before I started buying all his classic albums. And I saw Ben Stiller's rendition of "People in Your Neighborhood" on SS before I saw the movies Dodgeball or Night at the Museum.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This election has been so weird that people have started to latch on to, basically the most normal person they could find:

It's crazy! This guy has literally become a celebrity over night.

And this isn't a joke -There are actually "sexy" Ken Bone Halloween costumes now:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess this shouldn't be too surprising, but if you go back in time on Google Earth, you can see where the Twin Towers had collapsed into smoldering piles of rubble on 9-11.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I finally switched over from Adblock Plus to uBlock Origin, and boy have I noticed a difference. It's less bloated, there's none of this vague "acceptable advertising" BS, and it actually does its job in blocking ads! You can even selectively block individual ads in a far easier manner compared to ABP. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This election has been so weird that people have started to latch on to, basically the most normal person they could find:

I'd think that the slip into the abyss of madness and destruction would be fun, but even I can't get on the Ken Bone Meme train.

Okay...maybe a little.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I finally switched over from Adblock Plus to uBlock Origin, and boy have I noticed a difference. It's less bloated, there's none of this vague "acceptable advertising" BS, and it actually does its job in blocking ads! You can even selectively block individual ads in a far easier manner compared to ABP. :smile:
Well, AdBlock did recently announce that they were going to start replacing the blocked ads with their own ads instead.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a lot of works where somebody inherits a fortune on the condition of having to stay in a haunted house overnight. But has anything like this ever been known to have happened in real life? Have there been any works where they have an actual explanation for WHY the deceased wants their heir to spend the night in a haunted house?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'd think that the slip into the abyss of madness and destruction would be fun, but even I can't get on the Ken Bone Meme train.

Okay...maybe a little.
Ken Bone earned his fifteen minutes of fame, like Joe the Plumber.
To think, his whole life was building up to that moment. You blink, it's gone.