The "You know what?" thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
The difference is, Ken Bone's a thing because internet. Joe the Plumber was a cheap political prop, and therefore manufactured.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Jimmy Kimmel had Obama on for another edition of the president reading mean tweets.

Now, imagine, if you will, what it would be like if Drumph was president, reading mean tweets . . . first he would sue every single individual Twitter user for writing those tweets, then he would sue Twitter for publishing those tweets, then he would sue Jimmy Kimmel for having him read those tweets, then he would sue ABC for airing Jimmy Kimmel's show, then he would sue Disney for owning ABC, and lastly, he'd sue YouTube for when the clip goes viral.

Luke kun

Reaction score
I just realized that there is way too much subtle TOM fanservice in the Adult Swim Toonami. Seriously, I watched a handful of clips and you can clearly see TOM's arse. I know, it's his backside, but TOM 5 is really skimpy-looking to me. In the TOM 3.5 game chamber segments, just look at TOM when he's playing the games, you can see his posterior, and there is jiggle physics. If TOM 3's workout in the Summer 2005 special wasn't enough. Though that was to hear TOM's sexy, sexy voice make really hot vocalizations.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The episode of SNL last week with Tom Hanks looks like it's already one of the most talked about episodes in years. I guess people really love Tom Hanks.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I wish more people would talk about the things these guys talk about:

The Vlogbrothers' videos are very well researched and very well informed.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Found a Japanese Cartoon Network Promo.

They apparently had Toonami as well, and to no surprise they're American action cartoons. Except for one thing...

Japanese Toonami has American Cartoons that look like Japanese cartoons.

I'm...I'm dizzy.
As for Toonami's recursive Japanese programming, the weird thing is Japan seems to disproportionally either dig or really hate when we ape their style. They apparently HATED Avatar: The Last Airbender for some political reason, dunno exactly about Teen Titans, but they loved Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi Show because it's their celebrities. TMNT, all 3 versions of the series had some screwed up popularity that left the last 2 series (even the current one) at 52 episodes, and the original series with at least 3 dubs that were on varying levels of incomplete. YET they were popular enough to have that weird OVA series. Time will tell on Steven Universe, but the Japanese produced Food Chain episode of Adventure Time premiered to a grand gallery opening.
And TOM... TOM is Japanese! YAAAAY
but his voice isn't even hot anymore! Can Steve Blum speak Japanese?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now, imagine, if you will, what it would be like if Drumph was president, reading mean tweets . . . first he would sue every single individual Twitter user for writing those tweets, then he would sue Twitter for publishing those tweets, then he would sue Jimmy Kimmel for having him read those tweets, then he would sue ABC for airing Jimmy Kimmel's show, then he would sue Disney for owning ABC, and lastly, he'd sue YouTube for when the clip goes viral.
The fact Orange Rage wants to sue the heck out of anyone who talks smack about him, especially if it's fact, should be scaring the heck out of more of the American public. If nothing else paints him as a despot, it should be suppression of the press. All I'm saying.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what I find funny? Conservatives' own stupidity and ignorance. I love how they keep complaining about how much crap has been happening in our country all these years, especially in the more recent years like all these mass shootings, BLM protests, ISIS attacks, and what have you, and how they say Drumph will clean up all this mess once he's in office . . . but, heh, even though Obama's been president these past eight years, who has actually been in control of the House and the Senate all this time? Yep. The very same people who have been doing the above-mentioned complaining. Whoops.

Drtooth

Reaction score
One correction. Conservatives aren't stupid. They're stubborn. And that's worse. Stupid can be educated, stubborn can't. I'm not saying Obama was going to be a fairy godparent that would wave his wand and make bad stuff go away, but for the love of Mike... you can't whine about the country being in bad shape and then whine harder when someone wants to do something about it. Yeah. A president finally stood up and tried to pass Health Care reform, something that we historically wanted and needed until the Health Industry sent fleets of lobbyists to buy all the votes away. Every...freaking...time, all the way back when "Obamacare" was proposed by Richard Nixon. So the voters bought the line of bull the industry was feeding them to vote against their interests, and here we have it.

That said, to be fair, if you want real stupidity with a dash of laziness, how about the liberals that refused to turn up for the 2010 mid-term elections? The garbage Congress and Senate are just as much their fault as the Mad Tea Party's, putting inexperienced jerk originalists into power.

This election outside the main presidential one has taught me something. You see, we get New Hampshire's endless attack ads. And what I've grown to realize is we're a country of selfish idiots that want all the free stuff there is, but freak the crap out if we'd have to pay for it. On top of that, if someone else is getting free stuff we're supposedly paying for, we not only want to deny them anything, but we want to spite them for it, and blame them for why we're not in better shape. YET, if we actually need any of that stuff, and we can't get it because we didn't want anyone else to get it, it's everyone's fault but ours! Basically, you can sum up American voters as this clip from The Simpsons that nails the subject perfectly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought it was just Drtooth's traditional jaded cynicism, but I see there's tons of people out there with the same mentality who have pretty much given up on originality, because "everything's already been done before."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Everything's been done before since before Shakespeare picked up a quill. It's just that's how storytelling works. Every story is basically someone has to go somewhere, get something, or meet someone, there's some obstacle or struggling point in the way, there's probably some sort of antagonist, unless there isn't, and everything either ends happy or doesn't. Anything that deviates completely is nonsense...and nonsense has been done before. Basic storytelling always fails us. That's why even "original" movies feel like you've seen them before.