Thespians

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Talking about musicals in the Ages thread made me wonder how many folks on this board have actually been in a musical. Or any other play, for that matter. I tried out for the school musical three times and didn't get in. :frown: "Sound of Music" and "Peter Pan" really made me mad, too, because I loved both plays and most of the people who got in were like, "Man, this is so lame!" It seems like passion ought to count for something. :attitude: Couldn't they have at least made me a nun? Oh, well. Senior year I got to play the accordion part on the keyboard for "Fiddler on the Roof," since I was in the orchestra senior year. I now kinda wish I'd been in it all four years; I didn't have the nerve to join as a freshman.

I had the second-to-lead part in the school Christmas program in eight grade, though! :stick_out_tongue: That was fun. It was kind of a corny play, but I was thrilled to have such a big part. I also did some children's theater, visiting schools, in high school, and I did some performances with a local group called PASS. I once wrote a narrative poem specifically for us to use in one of our performances. That was cool, and I think it turned out quite well.

My junior year in high school I wrote a 45-minute-long musical for my church since we hadn't really done much of a Christmas program in a while and I figured it was about time we went all out. I proposed it to my mom the beginning of November, she proposed it to the council, and I started writing. I finished it around Thanksgiving, so it was kinda crazy getting it all together in time, but it worked! That was a really neat experience. I was also co-director and accompanist. So I wasn't in it, but it was a great communal church experience. Most of the church members were involved in some way.

In sixth grade I got to star in a play that I wrote with the rest of my class. I'd showed it to my teacher and she decided to have us put it on, and I got to cast it so I cast myself in the lead! :wink: It was a short play with very simple props and everything, but we had a lot of fun with it.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. How about you guys?
Erin

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
hmm... lets see...
like 6 christmas and easter plays (elementary)
I was Mary in the High School Christmas play at church and Mary again in the Easter one
I was in "flapper" as the Douches
I was in "Night Chills" and Edgar Allen Poe mix of stories ( I played Madiline Usher, and Detective Henry)
I was in "Once Upon A Mattress" one of the coolest musicals EVER!! I was the Minstrel :wink:
I was in a Choir concert at school... I was in "Tartuffe" as the lady at the end (dont remember the name) and also the stage manager...
Ummm I think thats all :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Cool! :smile: I saw "Once Upon a Mattress" a few years ago when my the high school I went to put it on. I was in college at the time. I agree, it was great!
Erin

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Ok here goes...

I have been in productions of:

"Juvie"
"Once Upon A Matress"
"Godspell"
"Hello Dolly"
"The Wizard of OZ"
"Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"
"You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown"

plus a ton of other music revues, plays at church, and about a billion puppet shows!!!

Fragglerockr

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I haven't been in a play yet, but after recently seeing a production of Bye-Bye Birdie at a high school drama club, I have fallen in love with the theater. I would love to put on a performance someday.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
weeeelll....I've only been in a few...

Honk
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
various others....

our school's this year was Tons of Money. It was hilarious, and although I wasn't in it, I did lots of work on it!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Well, I haven't been in a play yet, but after recently seeing a production of Bye-Bye Birdie at a high school drama club, I have fallen in love with the theater. I would love to put on a performance someday.
Cool, my brother's never really been into the theater but suddenly he's all jazzed to audition for "Fiddler on the Roof." I hope he makes it!
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
fragglerockr said:
Ok here goes...

I have been in productions of:

"Juvie"
"Once Upon A Matress"
"Godspell"
"Hello Dolly"
"The Wizard of OZ"
"Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"
"You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown"

plus a ton of other music revues, plays at church, and about a billion puppet shows!!!

Fragglerockr
LOVE "Joseph." That would be such an awesome play to be involved in. :smile:
Erin

BJC899

Reaction score
What a cool thread!

I have been in:
"Holiday for toys"
"Oliver!"
"You're a good man Charlie Brown"
"Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat"
"Just when you thought it was safe to turn on your TV "(What a pain it was whenever someone asked what the name of the show was)
"The Crucible"
Also I did this documentry for this town near me. It's cool they had a screaning for the video at the end and stuff.

I was in the Israelie day parade a LONG day ago, but I didn't have to audtion or anything so it isn't listed on my resume.

Right now I am in Les Miserables. 6 months of reseral to go!

Now lets not go into what play's I have had to drop out of. Directors are still mad at me. :-\

:big_grin: