Thespians

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I just saw "Little Shop of Horrors" at my old college!! It was great. The guy who played Mr. Mushnik is a friend of mine, as was the one who did the puppeteering for the plant, and the dentist was played by a guy who was my English teacher. It was an absolutely terrific production. The only problem was that the college has an insanely small theater that holds about 50 people. Behrend reeeeeaaaaallly needs a performing arts center. Next week is my little brother's big debut in "Fiddler on the Roof"!!! I'm very excited for him. It's gonna be super! :smile: *sigh* I soooo wanna be in a musical...
Erin

Gonzo

Reaction score
I did some plays in high school...I was Reverend Byrd in "Shenandoah" (a verrry small role) and Motel Kamzoil in "Fiddler on the Roof," which means I never ever in a million years want to hear "Wonder of Wonder, Miracle of Miracles" again. Never. Ever. My shining moment was as Charlie Baker in "The Foreigner" by Larry Shue...I won a Salt Lake area newspaper award for Best Performance in a Comedic Role for that.

I was a STAR! A STAAAR!!!

And yeah. That's it. Haven't done anything since then, probably never will again. I like the attention, but not the Theatre People.

I think I'd make a good Seymour in "Little Shop" or Prince Dauntless in "Once Upon a Mattress." Maybe someday an Uncle Archibald in "Secret Garden." Or Baker in "Into the Woods."

Or maybe I'll just sing along in the car. I think that's for the best.

:sing:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
My brother's opening night for "Fiddler" was tonight! They did a really nice job. Nathan was actually in the play quite a bit and had a few lines. And he also got a special honor, this ceremonial necklace thingy that is given to three cast/crew/orchestra members each night of the production. We had something kinda like that at Mercyhurst, but it was the greenroom book they passed to two people each night, and they had to write in it. I'm feeling soooooooo nostalgic right now... ***sigh*** The only bad thing with Nathan's play is they aren't allowed to videotape it. :frown: That's really a bummer. We have the video from when we did it. I wish I would have gotten videos for the three previous spring musicals too, but since I wasn't involved I didn't know how. They're doing one more play at Nathan's school this year, so Nathan's trying out next week. He did "Fiddler" because he loves that particular play so much, but now he's a certified theater addict. :cool:
Erin

Beebers

Reaction score
Xtremely cool. It's always fun to see someone you care about in these things.

:cool: :cool: :cool: