electricmayhem

Reaction score
Dream Roles eh? Here's mine!

-A Christmas Carol: Ghost of Christmas Past and Mrs. Cratchit
-Noises Off: Belinda or Poppy
-The Importance of Being Earnest: Cecily
-anything by Christopher Durang or Neil Simon
-Rent but I can't sing!

I can't think of anything else right now!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You know, one of the things I want SO BADLY to do around here is to create a puppetry theater and begin doing plays with puppets like the plays mentioned above.

Without the money, there ain't too much you can do, though, is it? :frown:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, Nathan got the audition results today. The good news: he's in it. The bad news: he's an extra with no speaking parts. We're pretty bummed; he was so excited about it, and spent so much time getting ready for the audition, and he found out today that all the main parts were picked before the audition and the tryouts were really just for the extras. I'm sure he will still have fun; a play like that will be awesome to be involved in no matter what. It's just a shame that he really never had a shot at a bigger part, and spent the past month thinking he did. He's pretty disappointed, and on top of that he has strep throat! :eek: I'm still looking forward to seeing it, though.
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Tough shot, but at least he's in there! When I auditioned for Scarecrow, and they called to say that I had "Uncle Henry," I said, "Okay!" Then, the director said, "Just kidding--you're Tin Man."

My step nephew got the role of Rooster in Annie recently; and his little sister got to play an orphan girl.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Hehe, that's kinda funny. Though Uncle Henry wouldn't be too bad either, but nowhere near as cool as Tin Man! Yeah, I think he's going to have a great time just being in it. He'd never been involved in the drama department before, so at least after this they'll know who he is. It's a shame he didn't try out for anything before now, then maybe he could've had a bigger part in this, which is his favorite musical. I imagine he still gets to do some of the songs, though; there are several ensemble songs. So his Russian accent won't be entirely wasted. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
One thing that's discouraging, that was the case with me in high school too, is that most of the people in lead roles are either indifferent to or disdainful of the play. It seems like passion ought to count for something. It doesn't seem right that all the good parts are taken by people who don't care at all about the play but want another notch on their theater resume. That's why I only tried out for three plays in high school, because if I was going to be involved in something like that I wanted it to be something I really cared about. In my four years at college, they never did a play I wanted to try out for. :frown:
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, Scarecrow (in the production I was in), who is a STRAW MAN per L Frank Baum was played by a GIRL! A high pitched squeaky voiced Scarecrow.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I've tried out for four plays and been rejected from all of them :cry: and if I get rejected from one more... :mad:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Don't feel bad! I get rejected all the time: friends, family...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
My 8-year-old cousin just found out she got a part in our Youtheater production of "Sleeping Beauty." :big_grin: She's going to be a woodland creature. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin