They need to make Elmo's world its own show!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
Actually outside the US "Elmos world" is a show on it's own.
It's true, I've seen it as it's own show before. For awhile, I thought it WAS it's own show, since I hadn't caught an episode of SS in a few years at that point.

F

furryredmonster

lowercasegods said:
Maybe you should calm the heck down....
Now count to five, breathe into a paper bag, or whatever you need to do to avoid anymore hostile replies to harmless posts.

Ummm.... Maybe I was not angry and maybe I was calm. Uhhh.... I defend Elmo and people think I'll start a big war afterward..... I bet the characters you grew up too were just as popular as Elmo was at a time. So, give it a break.

Ps: Elmo only ruins 15 minutes of your classic characters... not 20 or more.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Calm or not, you're really coming across as unnecessarily hostile. I'm a Muppet fan just like you, and I don't begrudge you your appeciation of Elmo. But in turn, you cannot begrudge anyone their own feelings on various Muppet issues. Besides, I still contend that I said nothing insulting or inflammatory and that you freaked out over nothing. And by the way, I don't know where you got your "20 or more" quote for Elmo's time allowance on the show, but it wasn't from me. Read my posts. I said he took up fifteen minutes, which he does. And since you were the one who freaked out and started on a pro-Elmo rant, I suggest you "give it a break." I'm here to pleasantly discuss Muppets with other passionate, rational fans, not to fight with unstable people who go off half-cocked when they weren't even provoked to begin with.

F

furryredmonster

I am mostly talking about golden teeth. I wasnt talking just to you. I was talking to other people too. I am saying that it is mean to say mean things about Elmo when there is someone reading the posts at another keyboard. But I am not talking just too you like I said. I do not see anybody talk about any other muppet in a bad way like this.... so why Elmo?

lowercasegods

Reaction score
All I can say is, I'm not going to trash talk Elmo, and I never wanted to anyway. Me saying he shouldn't have more airtime than any other Sesame Street character is like saying Mokey shouldn't have any more air time on Fraggle Rock than any other character. It's not meant as an insult, it's just appreciating the characters as an enemble. And I don't think it's a classic S.S. fan vs. a modern S.S. fan issue, either. True, I'm a hair over thirty and grew up with the original cast, but I love Baby Bear, and I think Rosita and Zoey are some of the best female characters any Muppet show has ever had. So I fully support the modern characters. I just want them to get equal time on the show as Elmo, and sometimes it feels like they get a little overlooked. Kermit is a great character, and he was able to step back and share the spotlight with the other characters equally, and it only made him a stronger character because of it. I do think Elmo is a great character. I just think he should be more a part of the ensemble and less the standout star, and I say this with no hostility, and with all the Muppet appreciation I can share with you and everyone else on these boards.

BEAR

Reaction score
Maybe if they made it its own mini 15 minute show. Kinda like those things they do on the Disney Channel in between programs. That Breakfast with Bear show is really only about 10-15 minutes long. They just break it up into a few sections with commercials in between.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
And along with what BEAR and Lowercase said, Elmo could also be part of the ensemble but still pop-up too. If Elmo's World is it's own mini-show, that doesnt mean Elmo cant pop-up on the Street as well.

Rosewood

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Maybe if they made it its own mini 15 minute show. Kinda like those things they do on the Disney Channel in between programs. That Breakfast with Bear show is really only about 10-15 minutes long. They just break it up into a few sections with commercials in between.
They have also broke up "Stanley" to make way for "Charlie(?) and Lola". I agree. If Disney can do it, why can't PBS?:confused:

BEAR

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
They have also broke up "Stanley" to make way for "Charlie(?) and Lola". I agree. If Disney can do it, why can't PBS?:confused:

They broke up Stanley?? No! That show was great all in one peice. I love the Stanley show!!

F

furryredmonster

I would like to see like certain episodes have no Elmo's World but Elmo be in more skits once in awhile... They are playing a lot of repeats.... :frown: