1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

They need to make Elmo's world its own show!

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by golden teeth, Oct 8, 2005.

1. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

Look at Big Bird. He was on the show the whole 35 years, but he's only six years old. LOL
  2. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Well, it was a radio broadcast. I can try and find you the link to it so you can listen. There was also a great interview with Loretta Long (Susan)
  3. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

Who knows this date?

This is not necessarily a trivia question, but I'm trying to find out when the "new format" became permenant, as well as "Elmo's World" (as far as Episode # goes). Or mabey a better way of putting it would be "What was the last episode to be made using the "original format"? I need to find this out so I can know what episodes to start looking for, going backwards from this episode #. Any help would be apreciated.
  4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

5. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

"Elmo's World" was added in 1998. So, 3785 was the last episode NOT to have Elmo's World. But even with Elmo's World, the other 45-or-so minutes of the show were pretty much the same. Though they started to toy around with it a little in Season 32, adding more long segments like that. So, the last episode to use the old format was 3980, which was the episode where Big Bird and his friends finished building his new nest. But it was actually Season 33 where the new format REALLY began, and I cried a lot that year. I missed the old set, and everything.
  6. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

do you always cry about such things? Kind of immature do you think?
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Moderation Post:
    I'm going to close this thread if one more post like this exists. I do NOT want to see something posted like this in the future on ANY threads. DO NOT call people out or say something that may be inflamatory.

I've asked everyone to stop with posts like this before. Should I just start deleting threads or deleting posts? MC isn't a place for uninhibited displays of snaps and jibes--if you cannot be constructive in the posts I'm asking folks to just not post until later. MC is a place made of people who share the same interests and love of Jim Henson's projects, all projects which teach us to be friends. We don't always have to agree, but you can be more constructive than this.

If anybody has a problem with my request, please feel free to PM or e-mail me.

Thank you.
  8. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

Thanks, Ssetta!

Thanks for the info., Ssetta! I really appreciate it!:)
  9. Hays

Hays New Member

Thanks, GelflingWaldo

I've always liked ToughPigs, but I think this is particularly excellent - I have to say, I don't entirely agree with him about Elmo's World, but I think his reviews of Elmo and SS in general are very sound.
  10. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

The Hate of the red monster

I want to say that since the major changes of the show it is not the same as it was when I first watched it on Nov. 11, 1969.

They kept changing the show a lot and alot of people stared to hate it.
    Now a days it has been cutted up in segments. Letter of the day, Number of the day, Find Ernie, & Elmos world These show should have there own shows like 123 play with me sesame street on noggon, so that the show could go back to the original format.
  11. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

the show changed because the needs of today's children have changed so don't expect them to go back to what they used to be.
  12. Labyrinth Fairy

Labyrinth Fairy New Member

why does people dislike elmo?
  13. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

Elmo's World is not the only change that Sesame Street has seen.
  14. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

And yet, the reason that Mister Rogers' show remained virtually the same throughout its long run is because he believed that children have basically not changed.

:confused:
  15. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I could we wrong and I myself don't always believe everyone who's an expert on such stuff but at the same time I seriously doubt they'd make such changes without a good reason and I wouldn't count on it changing back. as for Mr. Rogers, well here's a reason why http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=187365&postcount=4
  16. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I don't know if they'd want to do that. If kids today watched Sesame Street in the first season they'd probably wonder why Gordon has an afro and why Oscar's orange and why Big Bird looks different. It would be a good idea, but it's unlikely.
  17. Hays

Hays New Member

But they DO make changes - read the ToughPigs reviews on the first SS season he reviewed, and on the 2003 season.

I, for one, believe that SW watches forums like this one to gage the reaction of parents. They've made changes that have reflected some of the comments and complaints here. I'd also imagine that there are plenty of parents who don't participate in MC who write in the same opinions expressed here.

That's not to say that they're hanging on our every word, or that they're going to do everything we ask (which is important, I think) but SW being what it is, is trying to serve their audience - and they remember who holds the remote control in most houses.

In that case, it can't hurt to ask, and it's important that there's a dialogue so that all sides of an issue are shown.