They need to make Elmo's world its own show!

Rosewood

Reaction score
sad but true......

BEAR said:
They broke up Stanley?? No! That show was great all in one peice. I love the Stanley show!!
Or at least here in Utah it is. Yeah, here the disney channel has taken "Stanley" and, instead of showing the original 2 stories per show, they have now cut it down to one and made way for another show called "Charlie and Lola". PBS could easily follow suit and take a show like, say, "Dragon Tails", "Mya and Miguell", "Clifford", or any other show that is split into 2 segments and create a nice cozy spot for "Elmo's World". And, if they did, I would think that would make people who like Elmo absolutely thrilled! I don't understand why some people think making "Elmo's World" into its own show would be such an insult to Elmo. I would see it as a compliment, myself.

F

furryredmonster

Well, it's like kicking Elmo off Sesame Street. Like leaving Elmo by himself.

BEAR

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
Well, it's like kicking Elmo off Sesame Street. Like leaving Elmo by himself.

No its not. He would have his own little show and still have other Muppets show up in the "drawer" part or the "Email" part of the segment like always. It would just be like another Play With Me Sesame type thing.

F

furryredmonster

But Elmo would be somewhere else... not Sesame Street where his home is :frown:

Censored

Reaction score
It depends on whether people are suggesting removing Elmo completely off of Sesame Street or just removing Elmo's World. Elmo was a part of Sesame Street long before Elmo's World was around. He could still be on Sesame Street as just one of the gang, and at the same time, have his own show where he's the star. Kind of like Kermit when he was on the Muppet Show and Sesame Street.

Personally, I used to think Elmo's World was out of place for the Sesame Street format and I really still do, but they've changed so many other parts of the format now, it doesn't seem to stand out anymore. I'm more interested in finding the old episodes than trying to change the new ones at this point.

BEAR

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
But Elmo would be somewhere else... not Sesame Street where his home is :frown:

He can still be on Sesame Street. He would just have Elmo's World be a separate spin off show.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think it would be a good Ideal, especially after Sesame Street ends it's run, If and whenever that happends, which I hope It doesn't, but nothing last foever, and all goog things (as unfortunate as it is) must come to an end (not trying to scare anybody).

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I think right now would be a perfect time to bring Sesame Street to an end. It's already changed enough as it is. A lot of the original cast members are still there, Bob, Susan, Gordon (although not as the original actor) Luis, and Maria, along with veteran Puppeteers Jerry Nelson, Carroll Spinney, Fran Brill, and occasionally Frank Oz. We all know all these people won't be around forever, so instead of having to go through the tragic loss of seeing these people pass on while the show is still in production, and have to worry about their charachters being recast, or written out of the show, it would be much better to see it end now, that way if something does happen to one of the actors or puppeteers, it will still be sad, but not AS sad.

Censored

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
I think right now would be a perfect time to bring Sesame Street to an end. It's already changed enough as it is. A lot of the original cast members are still there, Bob, Susan, Gordon (although not as the original actor) Luis, and Maria, along with veteran Puppeteers Jerry Nelson, Carroll Spinney, Fran Brill, and occasionally Frank Oz. We all know all these people won't be around forever, so instead of having to go through the tragic loss of seeing these people pass on while the show is still in production, and have to worry about their charachters being recast, or written out of the show, it would be much better to see it end now, that way if something does happen to one of the actors or puppeteers, it will still be sad, but not AS sad.

If it ever did go off the air though, I would hope that they'd replace the time slots with reruns from first to last.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
stupid idea! just because you don't like today's SS doesn't mean it should end. kids like it otherwise it wouldn't be on today so just cut it out!