They need to make Elmo's world its own show!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
Well said. I believe that children's attention spans are DIRECTLY related to the fact that we are having more cases of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in children. Just an extension of the facts (I truly like to do this, try to extend the facts to back up a certain fact of life). I am afraid to say this, but the increase in cases of ASD is directly related to the US FDA ignoring thymerisol in our children's vaccines, which is a known neurotoxin. Basically, thymerisol is a brain poison (for those of us who need smaller words). I think that we could be one voice and implore the US FDA to stop ignoring thymerisol in our children's vaccines.

Also, abortion is again becoming a major sticking point. But why do we bicker about abortion when we ignore the real problem: unwanted pregnancies? Don't ask me why the Evangelists have sent our "republic-if-we-can-keep-it" to (the h-word) in a handbasket as quickly as it has. Roe V Wade is a major issue, but we do not need to be ignoring a bigger problem than abortion: unwanted pregnancies. Maybe we could get a SS for adults where we talk like grown-ups on topics such as abortion/unwanted pregnancies, birth control, politics, and religion (plus acceptance and tolerance of ALL religions, isn't this what the Muppets are about?)

Let's get the word out about acceptance, tolerance, and other stuff that is accepting of everything our nation was founded upon: life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, AND our freedoms. I think everyone who has died already in Iraq and Afghanistan has died in vain, as our nation is bitterly divided along party lines. I do not go for this. When the US had the Articles of Confederation, there was as little government as possible, so idiots like a certain president wouldn't come to power and create a "pro-life ruling class." ********. May anyone who thinks abortions are immoral realize that fetuses have NO SOULS! I believe that souls come into a baby at birth. If one has an abortion, they are doing a good thing, as the baby they're killing aren't even human. They talk about saving souls, but this is going way too far.

I apologize for my political ramblings, but I cannot stand on the sidelines while this country goes to pot (literally!). :big_grin:

BJ
A little bit off subject and no comment, that is all I am going to say, have a nice day.

BEAR

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
Well said. I believe that children's attention spans are DIRECTLY related to the fact that we are having more cases of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in children. Just an extension of the facts (I truly like to do this, try to extend the facts to back up a certain fact of life). I am afraid to say this, but the increase in cases of ASD is directly related to the US FDA ignoring thymerisol in our children's vaccines, which is a known neurotoxin. Basically, thymerisol is a brain poison (for those of us who need smaller words). I think that we could be one voice and implore the US FDA to stop ignoring thymerisol in our children's vaccines.

Also, abortion is again becoming a major sticking point. But why do we bicker about abortion when we ignore the real problem: unwanted pregnancies? Don't ask me why the Evangelists have sent our "republic-if-we-can-keep-it" to (the h-word) in a handbasket as quickly as it has. Roe V Wade is a major issue, but we do not need to be ignoring a bigger problem than abortion: unwanted pregnancies. Maybe we could get a SS for adults where we talk like grown-ups on topics such as abortion/unwanted pregnancies, birth control, politics, and religion (plus acceptance and tolerance of ALL religions, isn't this what the Muppets are about?)

Let's get the word out about acceptance, tolerance, and other stuff that is accepting of everything our nation was founded upon: life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, AND our freedoms. I think everyone who has died already in Iraq and Afghanistan has died in vain, as our nation is bitterly divided along party lines. I do not go for this. When the US had the Articles of Confederation, there was as little government as possible, so idiots like a certain president wouldn't come to power and create a "pro-life ruling class." ********. May anyone who thinks abortions are immoral realize that fetuses have NO SOULS! I believe that souls come into a baby at birth. If one has an abortion, they are doing a good thing, as the baby they're killing aren't even human. They talk about saving souls, but this is going way too far.

I apologize for my political ramblings, but I cannot stand on the sidelines while this country goes to pot (literally!). :big_grin:

BJ

SS has always addressed acceptance and tolerance. That was one of Hensons missions in his work atleast.

Also, an adult Sesame Street is not gonna fly because...well...that is basically what Avenue Q was. So its been done and brilliantly too.

Lastly I will state that this has been a very innappropriate post for the most part. The language and content is not for MC. I'm sorry to sound like I am bashing you, but I am just letting you know. We should not discuss things like what you have addressed here. Plus, it doesn't have a thing to do with the subject of the thread. This is a family forum. No matter what your political views are, there should be no bad mouthing the President on MC. Show some respect and decency please.
Thank you.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There's "Freedom of Speech," places to express that freedom, and then there's the forums here at Muppet Central.

While I am not against people voicing their opinions (whether political or religious or whatever) I just feel that there are better venues to express those opinions rather than at a Muppets Fan Site. Especially when you are dealing with so many different people from all around the world who all have diverse beliefs in everything that affects them personally.

Can we PLEASE get back to discussions of Muppets and Sesame Street and Elmo, or whatever this topic was about, and leave the politics somewhere else because I don't want to see any flaming popping up on these boards again. Please.

And don't respond to this, please. Just go on discussing Elmo's World. As a matter of fact, the way I have always tended NOT to get myself into major disputes is by NOT RESPONDING to things that are out of ordinary or that I do not agree with. I refuse to debate about topics here other than Muppets.

Again, don't take it personally anybody. I just am trying to do a good job as moderator and 'nip it in the bud' to keep the peace. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

That being said, Elmo's World is not degrading, it talks TO kids, not down to them. That part of the show is for their younger audience.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Elmo's World is not degrading, it talks TO kids, not down to them. That part of the show is for their younger audience.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I agree with you.:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Elmo's World is not degrading, it talks TO kids, not down to them. That part of the show is for their younger audience.
Thank you, I agree with you.:smile:[/QUOTE]

I agree with this too. Its Elmo talking to you. So it is a 3 year old talking to other 3 year olds.

By the way, any of you catch that Tavis Smiley interview with Kevin Clash and Elmo? Tavis says that he wants to congratulate Elmo on 35 years of Sesame Street. Then Elmo replies, "Well, Elmo is only 3 and a half, but Elmo loves living on Sesame Street." It was a great response.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Just wondered.....

BEAR said:
By the way, any of you catch that Tavis Smiley interview with Kevin Clash and Elmo? Tavis says that he wants to congratulate Elmo on 35 years of Sesame Street. Then Elmo replies, "Well, Elmo is only 3 and a half, but Elmo loves living on Sesame Street." It was a great response.
When they congratulated him, were they congratulating HIM for being on SS, or were they congratulating him ON BEHALF of SS?:confused:

BEAR

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
When they congratulated him, were they congratulating HIM for being on SS, or were they congratulating him ON BEHALF of SS?:confused:

No, he was congratulating Elmo for 35 years of Sesame Street. And Elmo explained how he is only 3 and a half years old. It was really cute.

Rosewood

Reaction score
BEAR said:
No, he was congratulating Elmo for 35 years of Sesame Street. And Elmo explained how he is only 3 and a half years old. It was really cute.
To bad I missed it. It would have been interesting to see.