This Disney Cheapquel stuff is out of hand!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I kinda liked Atlantis, but I didn't think it was the greatest.. I really loved Guido Sarducci and Jim Varney in it. But My two ABSOLUTE favorites are definately Lilo and Stitch and Emperor's new Groove. I was shocked Diz never fully promoted it, and over promoted that insipid, useless 102 Dalmations instead. Recess I liked.. but the ending animation during the credits... BLEW ME AWYA!!! I never felt so high after seeing a scene like that with the exception of 2001 and Yellow Submarine (of course, that may have been becuase of Robert Goulet singing a classic 1960's hippy song) I have heard about the Teacher's Pet movie andI am Quite looking forward to that.

Pixar, however, I see as a totally seperate company... I mean , Diz just sells the toys and distributes the films and takes ALL the credit. I have had limited exposure to that fine company, excepot for the little Luxo Jr shorts they made for Sesame Street.

But I am just so mad they don't have Ducktales the Movie on Vid or DVD yet...

And I always wanted a Darkwing Duck movie....

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Well, I kinda liked Atlantis, but I didn't think it was the greatest.. I really loved Guido Sarducci and Jim Varney in it. But My two ABSOLUTE favorites are definately Lilo and Stitch and Emperor's new Groove. I was shocked Diz never fully promoted it, and over promoted that insipid, useless 102 Dalmations instead. Recess I liked.. but the ending animation during the credits... BLEW ME AWYA!!! I never felt so high after seeing a scene like that with the exception of 2001 and Yellow Submarine (of course, that may have been becuase of Robert Goulet singing a classic 1960's hippy song) I have heard about the Teacher's Pet movie andI am Quite looking forward to that.

Pixar, however, I see as a totally seperate company... I mean , Diz just sells the toys and distributes the films and takes ALL the credit. I have had limited exposure to that fine company, excepot for the little Luxo Jr shorts they made for Sesame Street.

But I am just so mad they don't have Ducktales the Movie on Vid or DVD yet...

And I always wanted a Darkwing Duck movie....
Heh, I never got into Darkwing duck, Talespin, Animaniacs, etc. For osme reason when the 90's rolled around my childhood passions sadly ceased for awhile. I do remember going to this
animation festival a long long time ago and seeing old 80's Pixar shorts and those obscure Tracey Ullman Simpsons shorts. great stuff.

Your shocked Disney didnt fully promote Emperor's New Groove? Havent ya noticed their pattern of under promoting left to the mainstream films? Emperor's New groove, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away etc. Instead they rather barrage us with crap like Country Bears, 101 closeups of Glen Close' mumified face,
and Dinosaurs.

Btw, anybody a bit how hum about Pixar's post Monsters Inc lineup? Fish, Cars...my goodness. I think every year they will pour all their talent into films that should just be 3 minute shorts.

Next up in 2005, from PIXAR...it's Lampost! A film about a lampost and his adventures in the big apple!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

Your shocked Disney didnt fully promote Emperor's New Groove? Havent ya noticed their pattern of under promoting left to the mainstream films? Emperor's New groove, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away etc. Instead they rather barrage us with crap like Country Bears, 101 closeups of Glen Close' mumified face,
and Dinosaurs.

Btw, anybody a bit how hum about Pixar's post Monsters Inc lineup? Fish, Cars...my goodness. I think every year they will pour all their talent into films that should just be 3 minute shorts.

Next up in 2005, from PIXAR...it's Lampost! A film about a lampost and his adventures in the big apple!
Yeah.. Glen Close could have been replaced by a stunt dummy, and old clips from the first film... Country Bears looked like it was a joke of a movie.. and DInosaur???? BLEEEEEECH!!!

Maybe, just maybe, Cars could be a bad film... as sort of a revenge for the whole "Spirited Away" fiasco. Tose Pixar folks are always thinkin'!

beaker

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, Cars could be a bad film... as sort of a revenge for the whole "Spirited Away" fiasco. Tose Pixar folks are always thinkin'!
ROTFLMAO! Dude, you are a visionary! Hehe , constrained from speaking out against Disney's bungled handling of Spirited Away and holding Pixar by the b@lls contract wise...I bet John Lassetter and Steve Jobbs are concocting the most inept tepic tripe they can think of to get their 24 film deal over with. Think about it...after word of this contract came out, then we started hearing about how lame in innovation their slew of films for the ocming years are gonna be. Seriously, fish, cars, and who knows what the frackle else.

Bean Bunnysan

Reaction score
Yeah.. Glen Close could have been replaced by a stunt dummy, and old clips from the first film...
I thought Glen Close was a stunt dummy :big_grin: