This summer going be great for movies, the best since 1989!

Movies205

Reaction score
Hey I Like Snow Dogs, what can I say I'm a movie fanatic I like most movies cough XXX sucks cough. Horror movies have gone way down hill

I still know what you did last summer, I just watch cuz my bro loves it.... he wouldn't know a good horror movie if it bit him in the ***... He thinks that a good horror movie.... Though I must admit I love it when I was little kid b4 I started to become more mature and see more movies and become more critical... Final Destination was decent, has some decent kills... People don't understand horror movies aren't about being scare, it about gore, and making up interesting kills... Final Destination 2 looks like crap, though Halloween Resurrecion was a step in the right direction... We need more horrror comedies like Leprechaun! Though I look forward to the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Masscre(Jessica Biel so hot).... Texas Chainsaw Masscre was terrible though lol...

Horror Movies that Are Great-
1. Night of the Living Dead 1968- It a classic and it B/W IT AWESOME
2. Night of the Living Dead 1991 remake- THIS IS A GREAT HORROR MOVIE! Get the Horror Movie of the Day award, at movie thursday!
3. Evil Dead 1 or 2- So gory
4. Nightmare on Elm Street
5. Most Friday 13th movies

Just some horror movies for those who like horror...

CraigD

Reaction score
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre kicks ***! And I'll have no one saying anything against it :smile:. Why oh why would they remake it. The new film will never be as raw and match the intensity of the original.

And screw Hollywood for remaking The Italian Job also. The original is a classic. Having Ed Norton attached gives me hope, but Mark Wahlberg? The guy has been pretty average in everything bar projects that involve a prosthetic p e n i s or George Clooney.

Craig

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Movies205
Lay off Kangaroo Jack! It a kid movie, and I like kid movie for there so out of touch of reality!
A kids movie about criminals and the mob where the actors are being sent to their death? Which has the lead actor feeling up a girl on-screen? That advertises a talking kangaroo which is nothing more than a brief mid-movie hallucination, and which said Kangaroo is really only featured in the film for a brief portion.

I'm okay with dumb comedies. I'm not okay with a film that advertises itself as something that it really is not.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
to comment about horror movies that are great, have you ever seen fright night? thats a good movie that was well made for a horror movie...

jessica biel making a remake of texas chainsaw massacre...sounds like she isn't getting the movie deals she wanted...maybe leaving 7th heaven was a bad idea for her...

ryan

Movies205

Reaction score
Texas Chainsaw Masscre looks like a horror movie should be...
This might not be true But this is what horror movie should be... sorry if this sounds shallow but this is a horror movie particularly slashers

-Every girl part must be a hot girl
-Everyone should die except 1 or 2, and then some
-All kills should be different, hence the creativety
-Within the first 10-15 min of horror movie someone must die
-Someone should die every 10-20 min NO MORE THAN 20 min!
-2 people must die after they have had sex
-Killer must come back to life within the last 5 min of the film

Those are just the basic horror guidelides made by me, if follow you will have a good horror movie...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
you're not going to be like those 2 killers in the 1st scream movie and go nuts just because you saw one scary movie to much are you!!!! hehehe...just kidding..

ryan

Movies205

Reaction score
no.... well maybe I'm not sure yet, you know insanity is a tricky thing:big_grin: can never tell... J/K I'm thinking about doing an editing project of summer movies...

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I can't wait for Pirates of the Caribbean!!!! and Return of the King......partially for the same reason:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
My 2 cents

I agree that Batman, Indiana Jones and (especially) UHF were great films, I have to disagree with some things here.

Firstly, Kangaroo Jack, even for a Kids movie is... idiotic. It ruined Kangaroos for me.

Secondly, Croc Hunter could have been a good nature movie, if they didn't have that B. S. about spys and stuff like that

Pirates of the Carabien (sp?) Between this and the Kangaroo thing, Jerry Brockheimer must REALLY be doing something at those Hollywood pot parties. Plus, after Country Bears, do you think that Disney should make another theme park ride based movie?

Snow Dogs.... I think they should have taken away Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Oscar for that one. Fish out of water? well, you know what happens to a fish out of Water... it begins to stink!

Fast and the Furious 2? Charlies angels 2, Legally Blonde 2? Disney Cheapquals have POISONED Hollywood.....

As for X-men 2, Matrix 2, and The Hulk, those ones are making me drool. Too bad I probably won't have any money to see them, though....

And it seems that Pixar's "Finding Nemo" was left out of the list... has it been pushed back, or will it still be in theaters?

The movie I am really looking forward to (though it may not be in theaters till 2004... sigh..) the Great Vegatable Plot... the first full lenght Wallace and Grommet movie. It's kind of ironic. Animated films are usually 90 minutes... that's basically their entire 3 films.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
I think 1999 was as good, if not better than 1989... if by any chance this year turns out good for movies (which I've heard it's supposed to) it would be more like the best year since 1999.

1999 brought us Being John Malkovich, Man on the Moon, Sleepy Hollow, American Beauty and whether you liked them or not: Muppets From Space, Phantom Menace, and Mystery Men, along with a few movies that people seemed to like but didn't really impress me: The Matrix, The Sixth Sense, and Fight Club.

So far the decent movies out now are technically from 2002 (Adaptation, About Schmidt, Gangs of New York) so it can't count as the rumored 2003 movie renaissance. Maybe 2002 was actually the good year and we didn't realize it.