This summer going be great for movies, the best since 1989!

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
...not if you're CREED.

Eeeech.
Quinn you're such a follower. Don't you know everyone hates CREED now. It's the cool thing to do. Why don't you tell us how you really feel.

Movies205

Reaction score
Freddy Vs. Jason is what I'm most looking forward too

Bulldawg

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
If a musician writes a song that you like, is he not allowed to write another song that sounds at all like it ever again?
for the most part it would be in their best interest to NOT re-create their popular song all over again. people will see them as just trying to recreate previous success for nothing more than pushing $$$ and trying to sell more cds...and they end up turning away their audience because they present them with recycled material...nothing new..nothing to challenge the listener.

want an example of how BAD/Horrible a sequel can be: just try to sit through MIB2.

and now with the success of Spiderman....we will end up seeing an overload of comic book movies(which may be good cause then hopefully someone will finally take Ghost Rider[my fav] into production) followed most likely by sequels considering how well the Batman & Superman franchises seemed to do somewhat.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Peter Pan is not being made and what is this about the Rugrats Meet Wild Thornberrys

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
Quinn you're such a follower. Don't you know everyone hates CREED now. It's the cool thing to do. Why don't you tell us how you really feel.
I've always hated CREED, daddio--Muppet Central doesn't allow the emoticons for how I feel. When Palisades reopens I'll show you a gesture or two.

:eek:

Quinnnnnnnnn

Bulldawg

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
Peter Pan is not being made
yes, it is. filming started on sept 30, 2002
Jeremy Sumpter( Frailty's young Adam Meeks) plays Peter
Jason Isaacs (Happy Potters' Lucius Malfoy) plays Captain Hook/Mr. Darling
British actor Richard Briers plays Smee
French actress Ludivine Sagnier (8 Women) plays Tinkerbelle
Wendy is played by 12yr old newcomer Rachel Hurd Wood

the director is P.J.Hogan (My Best Friend's Wedding, Muriel's Wedding)
the screenplay was co written by P.J. Hogan & Michael Goldneberg(Bed of Roses, cowriter of Contact)

:smile: release date is set for Christmas Day 2003

Originally posted by kansasteen14
and what is this about the Rugrats Meet Wild Thornberrys
Premise: The Rugrats go out on an exotic adventure (possibly in a jungle?), where they're helped by the Thornberrys, a family that travels the world making nature documentaries, whose daughter Eliza (Chabert) can actually talk to animals.

When this project was announced,
it was originally titled Rugrats 3: Rescue Me.
then it changed to The Rugrats Go Wild
and then to what it currently is: The Rugrats Meet The Wild Thornberrys.

it was probably never meant to be a full cross-over film(like the jetsons meet the flintsones)... most likely the Thornberrys do a cameo appearance of sorts but with the title change.
.i could see thier main goal is to lure people into something different rather than ANOTHER rugrats sequel.

beaker

Reaction score
Im a huge nickelodeon fan(except spongebob...HATE the sponge!!!) and especially love their animated features.
I thought Rugrats 1 & 2 had some truly epic animation, and just saw The Wild Thornberries finally the other week...again, great stuff.

And now... a Rugats mets the Wild Thornberries film? Now that is just too darn cool!

Now...if only they can make an Invader Zim cartoon!(ie: the best darn cartoon in ages)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Dude, that is just sad. A Rugrat watching SpongeBob hater? Are you... sick or something? You're lookin' a little pale.

Seriously, how can you prefer the Rugrats over SpongeBob? SpongeBob's hillarious!

"Patrick Starr stole the oyster pearl!!!"
- Cop

"I shoulda known! It was me all the time! I was the last person I would have suspected!"
- Patrick

Bulldawg

Reaction score
Spongebob is somewhat funny at first viewing.....but, for me anyway, he tends become very annoying in a rather quick amount of time.