1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Those interested in my muppets...email

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by vaderdentist, May 9, 2003.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

What will you do if one of the JHC folks emails you but doesn't say it's them? What if it's someone from their legal department?

Uh-oh!! :eek:

;)
  2. vaderdentist

vaderdentist Member

I'll probably just roll those dice when my turn comes
  3. vaderdentist

vaderdentist Member

Not only is it not legal to sell one (copyright infringement), but if they pursue you, it isn't even legal to own an item in the image of their intellectual property. As long as you don't do it in mass quantities, they just let you slide in most cases.
    Dave :)
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Nah, there's millions of people out there that sell likenesses of intellectual properties, whether they're getting paid to paint a mural of Disney characters or create a Henson-duplicate, it's going on.

I'll get bushwhacked before anybody else does--you just wait and see.

Otherwise, I hope they look at it as a compliment that people find their work so impeccable and wonderful that they want to copy it,and if htye like what they see, maybe they'll save that information when 'hiring time' comes around again.

FOZ
  5. vaderdentist

vaderdentist Member

How I would love to be hired by Henson............to continue to original muppet puppets for future projects............that would be cool. I'm not saying it isn't being done, I'm just saying if they wanted to be greedy poo poo heads, they could legally ruin a fellow for making Animals and Pepes etc...............they choose not to so as to avoid alienating the fans. They are pretty cool about it actually. Destroying one's biggest fan isn't a smart publicity stunt.
  6. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

animal puppet

I have built an Animal replica of my own. It came out pretty good so far. I just need to work on teh hair a bit more and figure out how to add a bottom half to him. Check it out. www.randygentry.freeservers.com
  7. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

8. vaderdentist

vaderdentist Member

Cool muppets man............my favorite is Bert!!!! You also have a very beautiful family. You did do a nice job on Animal.
  9. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Thanks Vader, I have been wanting to start back on what was supposed to be elmo, so He might be posted soon. Then I want to figure out how to do Cookie Monster. ANy Suggestions?
    :)
  10. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Bert is still a head, I cant get the body to fit with the head so I have given up
  11. vaderdentist

vaderdentist Member

Cookie's only drawback is finding the doggone blue long shag fur..................I am guessing that the only way to get it is to buy white nylon fur and dye it with aljo blue dye.
    The rest should be fairly easy.
  12. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I always wanted to have my own muppets. Since it is impossible to get one, the only thing to do was to build one. That's why i started to learn puppetbuilding, plus i think it's really fun, and now with the knowlege i have i will definately use it to create a few characters of my own.

I am going to make a gonzo sometime soon, but i wonder about his furr...what kind of furr is that? And is it easy to get that kind of furr?

/Anders
  13. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

I have the fur I want to use, Its not as dark as I would like but its cool. When I cut the pattern do I cut it for the WHOLE thing or would he be in parts like the others? :confused: Knowutimean?
  14. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

There is a shop in Toronto that has the hard-to-find Cookie Monster/Grover blue shag fur. If it's not the fur, it's pretty darn close. It's the first time I've ever actually seen it in a store. I think it's $60/Cdn per yard (about $40 US). If some people really wanted some I could pick some up for them.

Speaking of which Bork Bork, did u ever get that "NedHead" puppet?
  15. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Too bad its in Toronto and I am in San Antonio, I need gas money.:sympathy:
  16. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Nope the puppet never did arrive. Some mailworkers must have really loved that puppet ;)

What's that furr called?
  17. VC2020

VC2020 New Member

I'm in Montreal and theres free plane trips to Toronto...what's the store called?
  18. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Free? I knew there were discounted trips `cause of the SARS scare, but free??

Anyhow, it's at MacFab on Queen West. They have tons of cool furs and fabrics.
  19. VC2020

VC2020 New Member

Yep completly free 'cept when you want to go back tro Montreal...You'd have to pay...I'll check it out when I'm there.
  20. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Buck,

Is it the same texture as Grovers fur ?

ive been wanting to make a Grover for quite a while.

see ya