Tinseltown News

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
... the Pig sorta reminds me of "Howard the Pig" from IAVMMCM (Its A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie). :smirk:
I think that is the same pig. I tried to imdb the project but came up with zilch! Does anybody know who will be performing/voicing these characters? I hope Bill Barretta does one (Howard/Bobby Vegan probably if so) and it would be great if Brian Henson performed the other. Don't know if he'd like to get back into doing series TV, but I'm sure he'd do a fantastic job. :big_grin:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Although the design of Bobby Vegan is somewhat similar that of Howard Tubman (of Muppets Tonight and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie fame), it is not the same. Here's a picture comparison of Howard and Bobby:
http://bp3.blogger.com/_9d2U1aoLo7U/RtyF-nvbUXI/AAAAAAAAAsE/s3n9K1uPxd8/s1600-h/Howard_v_Bobby.png

I know Brian Henson is one of the puppeteers -- he joked at ComicCon that one of the main reasons they were developing a show with a male couple was because he can't do female voices.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
This is actually looking pretty good! I had worries about this at first, it didn't sound Henson-like, it sounded like some ridiculous adult sitcom like South Park, but this is really shaping up! The puppets are a lot more Muppet-like than I pictured, I thought they would have been really photo-realistic puppets.
Doesn't sound henson like? oh my how people so soon forget miss piggy shaking her tatas on the muppet show, how soon people forget how the muppets acted in jims movies, let's also not forget the land of gorch that jim henson did, along with the jim henson hour.
To say that the muppets where only for happy little kids well I'd say you're living in a Sesame Street world.
I'm not speaking just to you though so please don't think I'm attacking you I'm just trying to make a point.:smile:
I think that is the same pig. I tried to imdb the project but came up with zilch! Does anybody know who will be performing/voicing these characters? I hope Bill Barretta does one (Howard/Bobby Vegan probably if so) and it would be great if Brian Henson performed the other. Don't know if he'd like to get back into doing series TV, but I'm sure he'd do a fantastic job. :big_grin:
I'm more than sure Brain will be doing a character most of his characters come off as gay to me anyways.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Eeeek! How un PC of me!

Although the design of Bobby Vegan is somewhat similar that of Howard Tubman (of Muppets Tonight and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie fame), it is not the same. Here's a picture comparison of Howard and Bobby:
http://bp3.blogger.com/_9d2U1aoLo7U/RtyF-nvbUXI/AAAAAAAAAsE/s3n9K1uPxd8/s1600-h/Howard_v_Bobby.png

I know Brian Henson is one of the puppeteers -- he joked at ComicCon that one of the main reasons they were developing a show with a male couple was because he can't do female voices.
:embarrassed: I must state that I do not think that all pigs are alike! He he. But they do look similar. I wonder if Howard is related or will make an appearance? :mad: (hardly ever get to use the Piggy pic)

It's cool Brian is doing a voice. He does do VanNeuter (the Andy Dick Muppet...we won't delve into Andy's recent problems...eeek). :eek:

Thanks for the info! And again, love the new site shinyness!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
O_O Brian sooo does not swing that way!
Neway, like Van Neuter...I consider him metersexual...XD
LOL!

To get off the queer topic to more appropiate conversation that does not point directly to the muppeteers but the puppets themselves...

I think this is great! :big_grin:

A pig and a moose...HAHAHA!

GENIUS!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
XD That's why I specified towards only the puppets. Not to Mr. Brian Henson LOL!

:smile:

OOPS!

XD Bull...

heeheee! Funnier!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Can we not speculate on the sexuality of the puppeteers?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think it's best we don't...And I think it's actually in the MC rules that we do not. Of course we can speculate on the coincidence that made the pig appear so similar to Howard...