TMM's Max to appear in Pixar's next flick!

matleo

Reaction score
Hey gang,
Thought some of you would find this interesting. I just came across the cast list for PIXAR's new film "Finding Nemo" which will be out next summer and one of the characters in the film is played by none other than Austin Pendleton aka Max from TMM.

The rest of the cast includes comedians Albert Brooks and Ellen Degeneras, William Defoe (Spider-man), Brad Garrett (Everybody Loves Raymond), Vicki Lewis (Newsradio), Stephen Root (also Newsradio, as well as King of the Hill, and Office Space), Richard Kind (Spin City, Mad About You, Bug's Life), and of course pixar regular John "Cliff Claven" Ratzenberger who has voiced a chracter for each of PIXAR's theatrical releases to date. Anyway, thought y'all might want to know.

--Matt

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
sounds like a good cast...i guess disney and pixar like ratzenberger since he's in a lot of those movies..which is cool...he was great as the piggy bank in the toy story movies..

ryan

radionate

Reaction score
Hey Matt,

Thanks for passing along that info. I hadn't seen a full cast list yet.

John "Cliff Claven" Ratzenberger is Pixar's good luck charm, just like David Ogden Stiers is Disney Animation's good luck charm.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
David Ogden Stiers is awesome. From M*A*S*H to Beauty and the Beast to Lilo and Stitch. I think he's in my top five favorite voice over actors.

Loved M*A*S*H.

Did anyone else see Lilo and Stitch? That;s surprisingly one of the better Disney films of recent years.

That's pretty cool about Austin Pendleton. And all this time we figured the Muppet Movie ruined his career!:rolleyes::big_grin:

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Austin Pendleton is a superb actor. I had the opportunity to see him on stage for Steppenwolf Theatre's production of Valparaiso and it was one of most interesting shows I have ever experienced.

I'm looking forward to the new Pixar film. I think it will be a very important film for them in many ways considering that their deal with Disney is or is just about finished. Also, it's the second film that John Lasseter has not directed.

Sweetums

Reaction score
Austin Pendleton was also on a fairly recent episode of "Touched by an Angel". The Saturday before Christmas, I think.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
brad garret seems like a good choice to do voices...he has a deep voice that can work in animation and computer animation stuff..

ryan

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
...and how many Pixar crew members are voicing characters again? Glad they have a lot of top voices this time around. Just never liked the poor voice work for the sake of an inside joke. Watched Atlantis the other day and the voice of the old woman should have voiced Monsters Inc's Roz instead of that crew guy. Just threw me out of the film.

matleo

Reaction score
Apparentl Austin has done quite a bit since TMM days. I took a look at his bio on imdb.com and found a LOT of stuff. here's the link....

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Pendleton, Austin

I knew he had been in Short Circuit but he's also appearedin my Cousin Vinney, Amists, A Beautiful Mind (along with Jennifer Connolly of Labyrinth), and the tv series "OZ" as well as some other stuff I've never seen or heard of.but yeah apparently he's been out there and workin'.

--Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just saw A Beautiful Mind last night! Very cool.