TMM's Max to appear in Pixar's next flick!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
David Ogden Stiers is awesome. From M*A*S*H to Beauty and the Beast to Lilo and Stitch. I think he's in my top five favorite voice over actors.
Yeah... He was also the voice of Mr. Jolly the cat on the Disney cartoon show Teacher's Pet. They were SUPPOSED to make that into a movie as well...

Anyway, I like D. O. S. as well, and I think Teacher's Pet and Lilo and Stitch gave him some room to stretch, and wonderfully I might add. Usually he plays a stuffy Brittish sophisticated guy, and in T. P. he plays a cat with a goofy voice, and L&S he's a Mad Russian Scientist (He really stole the show for me. Loved that movie.)

"Cliff Clavin" always seems to steal the show in Pixar films. Not just as the Piggy Bank in Toy Story or PT Flea in Bugs life, but also as "The Agreeable Snowman" in Monsters Inc. I swear, I had to buy a six figure gift set to get one of him, and he was my fave character from the movie.

Also, about Finding Nemo, I Found him.... or a fish anyway. In one of the final scens of Monsters Inc (where Sully Says Goodbye to boo.. hope I didn't spoil it for anyone..) Boo Hands Sully several toys, including Jesse the cow Girl, and A fish from Finding Nemo (the smaller Red one Plaied by Albert Brooks). Of course, I didn't get the joke until I got it on video and saw the preview....

radionate

Reaction score
There are other fish from Finding Nemo in Mosters Inc. I wont spoil the hunt for you unless you want me too. The scenes in Boo's room is filled with cameos if you pay close attention!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
RadioNate: Seeing as how my eyes aren't what they used to be, could you please spoil the hunt for me? That way I'll know what to keep in mind when I finally end up watching Monsters Inc.
Matleo: Thanks for giving us a heads up on the cast for Pixar's next film. Just as long as the story's good, I might be interested in actually watching it. The problem with the present cast for me is Ellen DeGenerous, who I no longer find believable in any role she plays. Though her brother Vance was great as a stupid reporter on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
Ol' Buddy Bert: Finding Nemo isn't the last movie that Pixar will make under its current contract with Disney. The contract both parties signed to was a five movie deal. Neither Toy Story 1 nor 2 count towards fulfilling that deal, and I'd suspect that any other Toy Story sequels wouldn't affect the deal one way or another. A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo are the three movies that do fall under the terms of the contract; so once the last of these three is released, Pixar will only have two more movies left to deliver to Disney. After that, it's anybody's guess as to what would happen; whether Pixar renews its vows with Disney, or whether they strike out on their own as a newly independent movie production company. Hope this clears things up.

radionate

Reaction score
The two movies that will fullfill the Pixar/Disney deal as it stands right now will be about Cars and a Superhero family.

The cameos in Monsters Inc. are the following: (Don't read if you don't want it spoiled)

The mobile that gets caught on Sulley in Boo's room contains fish from Finding Nemo.

When Sulley returns Boo to her room, Boo presents sully with Nemo (Albert Brooks' characater's son), the Ball from the animated short Luxo Jr. (the one about the lamp), and Jessie from Toy Story 2.

In the outtakes, Rex from the Toy Story pictures makes a cameo.

Also the giraffe from Boo's room is supposed to be in a scene somewhere else in the movie (walking around the parking lot or something), but I've yet to spot it. Just like I've yet to spot all the cameos in the crowd scenes Hunchback of Notre Dame (supposedly Timon, Pumbaa, and others are in the crowd)

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Ol' Buddy Bert: Finding Nemo isn't the last movie that Pixar will make under its current contract with Disney. The contract both parties signed to was a five movie deal. Neither Toy Story 1 nor 2 count towards fulfilling that deal, and I'd suspect that any other Toy Story sequels wouldn't affect the deal one way or another. A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo are the three movies that do fall under the terms of the contract; so once the last of these three is released, Pixar will only have two more movies left to deliver to Disney. After that, it's anybody's guess as to what would happen; whether Pixar renews its vows with Disney, or whether they strike out on their own as a newly independent movie production company. Hope this clears things up.
It does, thanks for the info! I was under the false impression that the Toy Story films were a part of the deal.

However, now that I think about it, isn't that part of the dispute that Steve Jobs has with Michael Eisner?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
why didn't the toy story movie's fall under it???

Sarah

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't really comment on the beef between Steven Jobbs and Michael Eisner since I'm not all that well informed on their dispute. My thoughts on why Toy Story isn't part of the five movie deal between Pixar and Disney are as follows:
Toy Story 1 was the first feature film collaboration uniting both movie companies. After the success of that film, Disney made their move signing a five picture contract with Pixar. Because Toy Story 1 was released previous to the contract signing, Disney felt that this movie couldn't obviously be included in any deals that came afterwards. That may also explain why they included a clause specifying that any sequels of this first Toy Story movie wouldn't constitute part of the deal. So in essence, Pixar could churn out any number of Toy Story movies and they'd still be obligated to come up with five completely un-related movies for Disney and have them released under both companies' banners. Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
it seems like when pixar movies come out, they always have some sort of cameo apperance by someone from another movie...never shocked me for a moment..

ryan

matleo

Reaction score
Count (and others)
I can fill in some of the blanks your missing. the reason Toy Story 2 wasn't included in the contract was because it was intended as a Direct-to video release and the contract was for 5 theatrical releases, about halfway through production the minds at disney felt TS2 had the potential to hold it's own in the theaters and voila! now what I had heard was that Pixar's contract with the Diz was only for 3 films (although I maybe wrong) Either way the version of the story I heard was this..... Pixar looked at their contract and said "OK, we have to produce 3 number of films for the Diz... Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters inc, and we're done" And disney said "No, TS 2 was NOT supposed ot be a theatrical relase and so TS 2 is NOT covered by our contract. So that will be Bug's Life, Monsters inc and one more please!!" Anyway that's the version I had heard. Hope this helps.

--Matt

CraigD

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
...and how many Pixar crew members are voicing characters again? Glad they have a lot of top voices this time around. Just never liked the poor voice work for the sake of an inside joke. Watched Atlantis the other day and the voice of the old woman should have voiced Monsters Inc's Roz instead of that crew guy. Just threw me out of the film.

You're kidding me right? Roz was easily one of the many highlights of Monsters Inc. Same goes for A Bugs Life, with that Pixar guy that voiced the caterpillar. Definately not poor voice work. Great stuff.

Craig