TMM's Max to appear in Pixar's next flick!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by CraigD
You're kidding me right? Roz was easily one of the many highlights of Monsters Inc. Same goes for A Bugs Life, with that Pixar guy that voiced the caterpillar. Definately not poor voice work. Great stuff.

Craig
yeah gotta love roz.......truly funny,well to me! i mean a lot of animated movies do that, they just can't get someone to do a good voice as the guy who storyboarded it

shrek had A LOT of that most popular the mirror...some star tried for it and they denied him for the storyboard guy...i find that funny!!!

Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, this is my opinion, no kidding

Oh, I hated the voice of Roz. Threw me out of the film. I, and the people I attended the movie with, had the same feeling. The animation on her was spectacular, but I don't feel it matched the voice.

The Shrek voices didn't bother me as much, but, again, the voices of the two bumbling monsters in Monsters inc seemed out of place to me too. I don't see why Pixar won’t et famous, professional voice actors who would work for scale. To me it like saying my friend Joe has a nice singing voice, though he has no training. Let's give him a role in an Opera. The voice acting felt forced and amateurish. Not terrible, but I noticed. I just feel it was all to serve an inside joke that I didn’t find funny. It’s an opinion I share with a few other people I have spoken with. I know there’s another camp, but I don’t think a professional voice on Roz (like the woman in Atlantis or the Grandma in Dinosaurs) would have bothered anyone.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
aww you notice too much!!!!! sit back and enjoy it! don't analyze it!

Sarah

:big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It wasn't really analyzation - just something that bugged me in the theater. I can always pick out that stuff and it's off-putting. The friend I saw it with even asked me what was wrong with her voice. Like it was a mistake or something. That was before I knew they used the keygrip's cousin or whoever it was. I just find it to be a tacky trend that I hope doesn't continue. I know they were going for a gravely older woman’s voice – like a smoker’s voice, but it came out as someone making a mock-smoker’s voice. Rubs me the wrong way each time. Just doesn’t match the picture IMHO. There are people who specialize in that field and I think it's better left to the experts. That's why they get paid the not-so-big bucks. LOL!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
hehe you got defensive...(it's a childish game with me!)

voice artists are VERY underappreciated! i agree

Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I thought I was being humorous, but yeah, I did mean it. I like movies that I can get lost in, but that's kind of why I don't appreciate Monsters Inc as much as others. There are moments that jar me out of the picture like Roz. Visually, she's one of my faves. I do marvel at the animation.:smile:

radionate

Reaction score
I agree with Jamie on this one. We've talked about this in the past.

Bascially what happens at Pixar is that studio guys go in to storyboard sessions or record rough tracks for animators, and everyone there thinks its soo funny and get so used to it, that they go ahead and cast the animators.

When I first saw Roz, I imagined her sounding just like Grandma from "Dinosaurs". I was soo let down when she opened her mouth. It almost seemed like they had forgotten to take out the rough track.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Okay, going back to a post from a long time ago...

Who did Austin Pendleton play on A Beutiful Mind?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey frogboy4, I was wondering if you could help me out with something perhaps unrelated to this argument. The help I need can be found over in the "Help Me RadioNate" thread. Since he already weighed in on the matter, maybe you'd like to settle the little bet as to what Madelin from Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 looked like. Thanks for your expert help.