TMS DVD Campaign needs you!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
If anyone writes a letter and would like it shared for other fans to read in our sample letters section of the website please Private Message me a copy of it and I can have it added to the site, we would like to have a larger and more diverse collection for encurage fans to write letter. So if you write one feel free to share it (either post it here or PM it to me) with other.

Also if you have a fansite, b-log, or webspace of your own please consider sharing our movement with your visitors.

Also spread the word to your friends and family - If we create enough of a push now we will be more likely to see these go into development soon. SEND YOUR LETTERS! For this phase of the campaign we need tons of letters to be written, so SEND YOUR LETTERS today!

Thank you.

MockMockChef

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
My suggestion: specify that we want the episodes UNEDITED. We don't want any missing scenes (especially UK skits). :wink:
And with original openings.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm 100% behind you all on this im writeing my letter now and i have even got my mom to write one. and she is not even to much of a muppet fan. i want to help all i can if theres more i can do please let me know.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Muppet Fans Unite!!!

This is a cause worthy of getting on board with. Gelfling Waldo, you are a genius and a saint. My letter writing will commence as soon as I am done with my daily Muppet Central visit.

I will be requesting unedited episodes, complete with original openings and behind-the-scenes footage. If we're lucky, maybe there are some archived interviews with Oz, Hunt, Goelz, Henson, Gold, etc. that could be thrown in. If this isn't possible, maybe they could do more Brian Henson-esque intros (a la the TimeLife DVD's) with some of the other performers. It couldn't hurt to ask.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Reight now alll we need is to write letter, and get others to do the same. The idea behind "phase 1" of this 3-part campaign is to politely flood The Muppet Holding Company with letters from the fans. Hopefully they will listen. There are two other phases to gret attention that we will start if the letters don't work. Please WRITE A LETTER, it is not hard, and can make a huge differance. Please write, and spead the word!

We will be launching "phase 2" in March (that is if The Muppet Holding Co. has not reacted to us by then), we're still ironing out the details but should have them all worked out by the end of the year. "Phase 3" will launch in June 2005 and in my opinion is the best most fun fan-push campaign idea ever (details will be coming on this one too) hopefully they will have already listened by then. But we will not quit until the Muppet Show is avalible again.

So please help in "Phase 1", it is the simplest and the most important part of the whole campaign. Please write letters! Write, write, write, and write some more! Together we can make a differance, but we need all the support we can get.

MUPPET FANS UNITE! :smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
We had some technical problems earlier today and the campaign's website went down for a while. It is back up and should be working fine, sorry for any confusion.

And oh-yeah...please...write letters !!!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
As many of you may have heard, The Muppet Holding Co has started plans for Muppet Show Season Sets! Being the stage of production they are at now it will probally be a year (or more) off. A nice way to celebrate the 30th anniversary in 2006 would be to get these sets. Now although this may seem like our campaign is over, you still have a chance to give imput on the sets before they are too far into production. Still feel free to send letters asking for specific features you would want to see and express your interest in the sets. If they continue to get letters on the issue they will be more likly to share information to the public (to get the word out they are coming), they will feel more confident they will be sucess and will invest more into them, and they will feel obligated to release them faster and closer together. Have your voice heard and...

Visit the Muppet Show DVD Campaign Here!

I have also gotten many e-mails asking what's next? What do we do now? First is continue to support the Muppet Show caompaing. We considered starting some new campaigns (there are alot more things we want to see out there), yet we do not want to have too many "open" at the same time (we want to concetrate our forces, and saturate the MHC with one thing at a time). We came up with an idea that ties in with the Muppet Show campaign, but is new and fresh. We have started a new campaign.

The new campaign was sparked as a result of the Muppet Show Campaign. What type of box set would you like to have sitting next to your 5-season box sets of The Muppet Show? Why not the new muppet show of the '90s; Muppets Tonight. The two season run of the show produced 22 episodes (less than just one season of the Muppet Show), we thought a box set of all the episodes (uncut with extras) would be a great thing to add to your collection along with the compleate run of the Muppet Show. So we started a site about that (similar to the Muppet Show site)

Visit the Muppets Tonight DVD Campaign Here!

Please continue to support the Muppet Show Campaign, and help with the new Muppets Tonight campaign too. Let our voice be heard! We can make a difference!

PatrickAReed

Reaction score
Well...

Ask for the original "next episode" teasers to be included. They showed a BOATLOAD of 'em yesterday at the Henson Retrospective at BAM, and they're amazing. Most of them are just improved Kermit/Fozzie routines, some involve other characters.

I believe they said the first set may be out as soon as mid-next year.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
You absoutely read my mind. A muppets tonight DVD release would be awesome. I would love to watch those shows over again. Wish I would have been smart enough to tape the show when it was on originally. Count me in! :excited: