TMS DVD Campaign needs you!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok. My letter is now in an envelope and in the out tray by the door to be posted.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if someone already brought this up, but Disney has announced full-season sets of the Muppet Show on DVD so isn't a letter writing campaign kind of moot at this point? There will likely be lots of extras; they recently taped interviews with Jerry Juhl and Craig Shemin in New York and are presumably going to do more. They seem to be genuinely interested in doing this right.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The campagin started long before the word that Disney is working on sets of The Muppet Show.

So, it seems like our word has been received on the "Muppet Show" front. But you still have a chance to give input on the sets; although work has begun on a season 1 set, your letters can still effect the final products. It will take time to get all 5 seasons out so you still have time to get your feelings to the Muppet Holding Company on their content and format. Still feel free to send letters asking for specific features you would want to see and express your interest in the sets.

If they continue to get letters on the issue they will be more likely to share information to the public in order to get the word out. More letters will also make them feel more confident the sets will be success and they will invest more into them, and they may release them faster and closer together. We are still working to have the fans voice heard and also continue to express the desire for "Muppets Tonight" on DVD too.

Once an official statment from Disney is released (more than just reports from people on who was interviewed and for what) we will most likely start working on campaigning for another Henson/Muppet show (please vote in our poll to help us figure out where to go next). We would like to have an official word that they are coming before moving on; if the rumors are ture we should expect to hear something early next year (hopefully). But right now we want Disney to know we really do want The Muppet Show and Muppets Tonights on DVD and we want them now. The campaign group is a collection of people who want all the great Henson/Muppet tv shows on DVD, we are just working on 1-2 shows at a time to help concentrate the fans desires and really reach the studios in a powerful way to make our dreams a reality.

christyb

Reaction score
Like I said my letter's out and on its way to California.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
FYI - some updates have taken place on the campaign site (About Us page, Support Us page, now there are link banners, and more). We still are encuraging people to vote in the poll. Plus later this week the campaing runners will share a special Holiday present with everyone that we are sure you will enjoy.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Later this week the campaing runners will share a special Holiday present with everyone that we are sure you will enjoy.
Well there are 15 days 'till Christmas, and as a little early gift we present to you a brand new Online Muppet Memory Game. So surf over to the site and play the new Match-up game. It is fun, easy and out little way of saying thanks for all the support of the campaign.

We are also announcing that in January a new website with new information, a new mission, and a new format will be set-up by the campaign runners.