TMS outline- Jose Feliciano!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good one Gorgon Heap.
So, what did I like?
1 The use of Marvin Suggs trying to get an audience with Jose Feliciano.
2 Statler and Waldorf pestering everybody from the wings.
3 The mixups during the closing number.
However, there are a couple of musical numbers I would've prefered. One of them would've been a performance of Jose's version of "Light My Fire". That's the only other song of his I know, it has a slower soothing guitar when compared to the original by the doors. Also, didn't know he's blind. Thought he still had his sight intact. Well, look forward to the next one.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Re-wrote the beginning just slightly:

COLD OPENING: Scooter knocks, sticks his head in.

Scooter: “Jose Feliciano! 30 seconds to curtain Mr. Feliciano!”

Jose: “Thank you Scooter.”

Scooter: “Everything all right so far?”

Jose: “Oh sure, I’m just relaxing and putting my feet up.”

Scooter: “Um, putting your feet up on what?”

Jose: “This footrest here.”

Scooter: “Oh, I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

Jose: “Why not?”

The footrest (hassock from ‘Furniture Monsters’ sketch in Vincent Price episode) growls. Jose moves his feet off.

Jose: “Do you think I’ll have a problem with the rest of the furniture?”

There is a chorus of responses throughout the room- “Naw, that’s all right” “No problem” “You’re good with us, Jose”

Jose does a take at the camera.

OPENING THEME:
BACKSTAGE: Beauregard rushes in.

Beauregard: “Does anyone have the time?” A Grandfather clock falls from the ceiling.

GONZO: The trumpet sounds before Gonzo puts it to his lips. Gonzo looks surprised.

Working on two more outlines currently- BUDDY HACKETT (still slow going) and LEE REMICK (which is coming surprisingly fast).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Princeton

Gorgon Heap said:
There are some celebs who passed away pre-TMS who I think would've been great on it, like Jack Benny, Spike Jones, Jim Croce, and especially Cass Elliot. I suppose they could exist in fanfic form though.
Couple of comments here:

1. I felt terrible that I beat you to writing a Gene Wilder and Burl Ives outline; I would've mentioned Tom Jones too, but to be honest I'd rather forget about that one. The reason I bring that up is because I'm interested in writing a Jim Croce outline, but I'd feel bad if I beat you to another one. I had considered doing a Jack Benny one, but I know so little about him that I ultimately decided against it.

2. The first outline I submitted was Louis Armstrong; it was a good enough one, but I only got one reply to it. It was from Boober Gorg, informing me that Louis had died before TMS. I was fully aware of that and had hoped no one would notice. But BG stood to prove me wrong; that's why my first outline was so disasterous. Just looking out for ya.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
anyone remember when he was on Sesame Street? i posted about him in a trhread about geust appearances on the show in the SS section though it's probablyt quite a ways back.

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
Some monsters pull up a screen and do a quick, forced costume change on Statler & Waldorf.
Which monsters do the forced costume change Statler & Waldorf?

SONG: “Rain”- Jose & the Muppet kids, with Statler & Waldorf (in old-time nightgowns and stocking caps)
Any specific muppet kids in that number, such as Robin and Mary Louise?

BACKSTAGE: The monsters help Statler & Waldorf with another quick costume change.
Which monsters do THIS costume change on the two?

Fortunately, at this point the Koozebanians make their entrance to the stage and S & W shift their focus.
Which Koozebanians appear?

-Monsters with a jack-o-lantern
Finally, the number is saved by the late arrival of Santa Thog and some reindeer.
Are the reindeer in this number the same ones that starred in the "Christmas Reindeers" sketch on "The Perry E. Como Christmas Show" and "The Ed Sullivan Show"?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Really good. I especially liked the closing number with Beauregard constantly changing scenery. I'd hate to be with his family during the holiday season. Lol.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Behemoth and Luncheon Counter Monster.

Philip Kippel said:
Just whatnot kids that were the same ones from the Alice Cooper episode.

Philip Kippel said:
Behemoth and Luncheon Counter Monster.

Philip Kippel said:
A fish-like Fazoob, a male Koozebanian, a trumpet-nosed Fazoob, and two baby Koozebanians.

Philip Kippel said:
Are the reindeer in this number the same ones that starred in the "Christmas Reindeers" sketch on "The Perry E. Como Christmas Show" and "The Ed Sullivan Show"?
Nope, just live reindeer.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Really good. I especially liked the closing number with Beauregard constantly changing scenery. I'd hate to be with his family during the holiday season. Lol.
Oh. Thanks. Humph. I shan't invite you then!

(And Gorgan, lovely Beau moments as always)

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Luncheon Counter Monster, Boppity, and Gloat.

Nope, just Whatnot kids.

Same as above.

Fish-like Koozebanian, Phoob, silver-headed monster (from the Alice Cooper band) and Chopped Liver Monster.

I guess. Either that or the (virtually) inanimate ones from "The Great Santa Claus Switch". They wouldn't be doing much of anything, regardless.

And Beauregard, Bo doesn't continually change the scenery, he just keeps sending on all of those characters. The setting is a sort of Christmas-y living room (albeit a large one).