TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppet baby

Reaction score
THE MORSELS BETTER APPEAR ON THE NEXT SET! But commentary on a few episodes would also be good. Dinosaurs: The Complete Seasosn 3 and 4 got commentary, even though the complete seasons 1 and 2 didn't. Maybe commentary could be provided for the episodes with Steve Martin, Rudolph Nureyev, and John Cleese.

i hope that happens also that would be nice :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's just a shame that Jerry Juhl never provided audio commentary on any Muppet DVDs. I don't know if he would have wanted to give commentary, though. It's a shame that he didn't accompany Brian Henson on the MCC and MTI audio commentaries. And of course it's a shame that Jim Henson died years before DVDs were invented. I wonder if Jim would have provided audio commentary if he had lived to see DVDs. On one hand, he didn't keep many secrets, and wasn't against revealing too much behind-the-scenes information, but on the other hand, it has been said that Jim Henson didn't like to talk about past productions very much (It's a wonder that he was involved with so many compilation videos and anniversary specials).

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
It's just a shame that Jerry Juhl never provided audio commentary on any Muppet DVDs. I don't know if he would have wanted to give commentary, though. It's a shame that he didn't accompany Brian Henson on the MCC and MTI audio commentaries. And of course it's a shame that Jim Henson died years before DVDs were invented. I wonder if Jim would have provided audio commentary if he had lived to see DVDs. On one hand, he didn't keep many secrets, and wasn't against revealing too much behind-the-scenes information, but on the other hand, it has been said that Jim Henson didn't like to talk about past productions very much (It's a wonder that he was involved with so many compilation videos and anniversary specials).
I can't see why this can't be done. Disney did a full length commentary track by Walt Disney for Snow White DVD. If he did his so could Jim & Jerry.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I wonder if Jim would have provided audio commentary if he had lived to see DVDs. On one hand, he didn't keep many secrets, and wasn't against revealing too much behind-the-scenes information, but on the other hand, it has been said that Jim Henson didn't like to talk about past productions very much.
You know, I bet he would have. I mean, later in life he might have had a different perspective on looking back, reflecting on past productions. Man, I would have loved to hear those thoughts!

muppet baby

Reaction score
I know what they mean about the fact that Walt did they full Length cometary for snow white i guess the did not want to do the same for the muppets ohhhhhhhhhh well , shame on them .:smile: :mad:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't know that the Snow White DVD featured full commentary by Walt Disney. I guess audio clips were used. I know that the Looney Tunes: Golden Collections have audio clips of Chuck Jones, Friz Freling, and othe rpeople invovled with the shorts on some of the cartoons. I think there might also be a short that has full commentary by Chuck Jones (taken from an interview, or something). That could be done with a Muppets DVD, though in the case of The Muppet Show, I wonder if there are enough archived audio clips of Jim Henson, Jerry Juhl and other deseased performers that would fit in commentary for a specific episode (though there could be audio clips about the show and characters in general, if there aren't any audio clips about certain sketches).

Beauregard

Reaction score
*taps fingers and waits for the R2 announcement*

I wonder how the first season sold in the UK. I know I saw it on shelves in stores for quite a while, but whether that means there was a demand and they were regularly restocking, or whether they jus sat there...I don't know for sure.

muppet baby

Reaction score
*taps fingers and waits for the R2 announcement*

I wonder how the first season sold in the UK. I know I saw it on shelves in stores for quite a while, but whether that means there was a demand and they were regularly restocking, or whether they jus sat there...I don't know for sure.
i have been wanting to know that also beauegard , i hope that it did sell well there that would be great to know i would hope that i would be sold there .
i would love to have the regin 2 release of the entire series .:smile: When they all come out of the muppet show of course along with region 1

SSLFan

Reaction score
We now have an official release date on The Muppet Show Season 2. August 7th...

Episode Listing: Don Knotts, Zero Mostel, Milton Berle, Rich Little, Judy Collins, Nancy Walker, Edgar Bergen, Steve Martin, Madeline Kahn, George Burns, Dom DeLuise, Bernadette Peters, Rudolf Nureyev, Elton John, Lou Rawls, Cleo Laine, Julie Andrews, Jaye P. Morgan, Peter Sellers, Petula Clark, Bob Hope, Teresa Brewer, John Cleese, Cloris Leachman.

Bonus Features:
• Original Pilot: "The Muppets Valentine Show"
• The Muppets on Muppets: Kermit, Gonzo and Rizzo sit down for all new exclusive interviews
• Weezer & The Muppets: More than just a music video
• ...and much more!

Retail Specifications:
• 4-disc DVD collection
• $39.99 suggested retail price
• Release date: August 7, 2007

Yay!:smile: This is awsome!:wink: Wait a sec, $39.99?:crazy: Oh well, it will be worth it!

muppet baby

Reaction score
Oh wow i can not believe it the original Piolate , that is so great i can wait to buy this set and miss piggy is on the cover oh boy , i can not wait .:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.