1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TMS Seasons 4 and 5 Petition

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppetlover123, Sep 24, 2012.

1. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

It's always so satisfiying to see Classic Simpsons and listening to Benny Goodman's Sing Sing Sing. lol I love the Paul Simon parody at the end, the sound of silence parody. lol

But yeah I just signed a similar petition and at first I thought that I written this thread and was like "I don't remember getting all these alerts" lol I'm always emailing DVD companies to get TV shows onto DVD and what's so annoying in general is when a show gets to DVD, the company (there's many of them) who don't finish the season box sets. For example I was in talks with ITV and Network DVD to get them to finish the Spitting Image box sets and I think I got to the point where they aren't responding to me anymore. lol Just excuses on how they aren't making anymore at this time and I email them long emails talking about fandom and supply and demand. lol I take this to heart because I appreciate media art so much. :) But at least Disney said they would keep the idea for consideration. But the main reason and I'm sure someone might have mentioned this before is because most of the songs on TMS were copyrighted and it takes a long time to get a response from them and I think the process was rushed when Season 1 was released and I think Disney knew fans were upset about that so they didn't make the same mistake with Seasons 2 & 3. But still the only way to get a Season 1 box set uncut is the Germany version and clicking the english version. It's so on my list. But why Kermit's line getting cut out from the pitch tape I'm not sure if it was just because Disney didn't get any response for the CBS logo permission or if it was just in terms of moral taste fearing controversy of Kermit saying HE double hockey sticks? lol I think it's the CBS logo, other wise they would have to censor out "Lord is so hard to be humble" from the Mac Davis episode in Season 5 whenever that comes out, hopefully soon. lol I just got my best friend interesting in The Muppet Show just a few years ago which is a total joy to me because I have someone who I can watch The Muppets with and he's even upset that the other seasons aren't out yet. I remember I told him in marketing business matters that whenever there's a new movie or remake, they sell the classics like crazy. For example when the Steve Martin Pink Panther came out, all the Peter Sellers ones were re-printed. I thought the same was going to happen when the new Muppet movie came out. Oh well, I hope the petitions work. It worked for Fraggle Rock :)
  2. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

You never know we may get a suprise trailer on MMC saying they are going to be realesing more Muppet goodies!
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I really wouldn't get my hopes up on that. :/
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

So how is this thing going?
  6. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Member

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

That would be nice but still ain't getting too hopeful. The Star Wars attractions in the Disney theme parks have been there for years so it was inevitable this was eventually gonna happen. Kind of surprising it didn't happen sooner though.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Disney has had a good enough relationship with Lucas. I don't think that's really the problem.
  9. Honbrifcl

Honbrifcl New Member

Well, I talked to the Marketing Director Europe from Disney (who used to be in my school) who is also responsible for DVD releases and he told me that for Europe no release for the next seasons of the Muppet Show have been planned for Europe. The only hope is that Disney is rather centralized, as he told me, and he is not sure what the plans for US are. They act independently. My impression is that they are currently NOT working on it, so there is not a hold up for rights, just nobody is working on it! I found the shows for Season 4 and 5 on the internet and downloaded them (which is legal in the Netherlands). It is not the best quality but watchable, and I am not going to hold my breath for Disney to actually deliver them...
  10. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Yes! The moment I heard that Disney bought Lucasfilm I thought "Yay! This might mean we'll get season 4 quicker!!"
    It might have been Lucas that was holding it up, but I'm sure there are others that are holding this u as well, not just Lucas, but it might bring it to us faster now.
  11. Muppet fan 123

Wait...what? The seasons are to be released in Europe before the U.S.? And there are no copyright issues?
    I don't know whether to believe this or not, but if that's true...DISNEY!! YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY
  12. Pinkflower7783

I thought the post said there are no plans in Europe as well.
  13. Muppet fan 123

Oh, just an honest misreading.

As you were, folks..
  14. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Disney, if you are reading this:

WE WANT THIS SOON! You don't know how many people would buy this! What are you gaining if you wait? Certainly not money. Please release this! I can assure you 1,000s of people would buy this!!! Ok, done yelling now.
  15. Muppet fan 123

I can yell louder. :p
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's a huge black mark. Disney needs to get these out. To just abandon the box sets, especially since the movie did well enough, is absolute bullcrap. perfectly in character to a company that hates box sets, but still bull crap. The first 3 seasons are still selling quite well. There's no rights hiccup, the sets sell, the characters are back and we're having another movie... they have no excuses.
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I wonder if Disney could be thinking about getting season four out to go along with the next movie...it could be the reason for the wait, that they would like to get it out now, but feel it makes sense to wait?
  18. Pinkflower7783

Oh yes! I'm sure that will definitely get Disney's attention now. :p
  19. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Oh no problem :) If I find more, I'll definitely give 'em to you.
  20. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

John Denver's estate...man, how ironic is that? Denver loved working with Jim and the Muppets! This scene with him and Piggy? Priceless!!! Denver was literally cracking up and they kept the take anyway.

If he were still around, I'd bet money we'd have seen him return to be in future Muppet productions.

Haven't heard about the Michael Jackson estate issue, but it kind of makes sense. They did use quite a few Beatles songs in the later seasons...the Beatles catalog issue is a little tricky. Paul (maybe Ringo) might have some say in it now that MJ is gone, but then again, we don't know. Again, more red tape. Maybe Disney read about the "Letter B" incident on Sesame Street from way back and wants to avoid that kind of situation. It might be different since that was a parody vs. the Muppets singing the songs outright.

I wonder if they really have to go through each episode, play it for whoever and say "Is this an OK rendition of your song?" For instance, those bugs in the Dudley Moore episode sing 'She Loves You'. They'd have to ask Paul, Ringo, people at John's and George's estates, the people at MJ's estate and maybe Yoko. Then they gotta do it all again with all the other songs.

Blerrrgh. What a mess.

I kind of wonder why The Muppets at Walt Disney World has never seen a DVD release. Yeah, it's an older special, but we'd buy it. I could see it as a park exclusive even, like how Don't Eat the Pictures is available at MOMA.