1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TMS Seasons 4 and 5 Petition

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppetlover123, Sep 24, 2012.

1. BooberGypsy

BooberGypsy Member

I know you've all said this but it does feel like we've been waiting forever for the release of the final season's of the Muppet Show...
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

That's cause we have been waiting forever. :p
    BooberGypsy likes this.
  3. BooberGypsy

BooberGypsy Member

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Well we may get the next muppet show season sometime before or during the sequals release next year as it says on the muppet mindsets website he heard from a reliable source

heres the exact quote:
    I've heard from a reliable source that Disney is thinking about relesing the next season of The Muppet Show in conjunction with the new movie.
    heres the link: http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-muppets-one-year-later.html
  5. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yep I read that too!
  6. BooberGypsy

BooberGypsy Member

*Crosses fingers* I hope so!
  7. David French

David French Member

"Reliable source". *Shakes head*

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.
  8. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Ryan Dosier is one of the most trusted people around. He defined the word "reliable". If I believe what he said, then yes, I'll belive anything he says.
  9. vermontcathy

vermontcathy New Member

I was browsing You Tube, and found this episode from season 4.

It has an intro from Brian Henson, just like the episodes on DVD. Was this perhaps made for the DVD, or would they have done this intro just to show it on the Disney Channel or something? Where did this come from?
  10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

That specific episode was released on the Time-Life videos back in the early 2000s. That's where your above video is from.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Wasn't that the plan last time? I don't understand why they just didn't release the TV show when the movie came out on DVD and then saved the fifth season for the next movie. We're going on 3-4 years now. It's time to get these out. it's not like they're poor sellers.
  12. vermontcathy

vermontcathy New Member

Oh, I forgot about those. Thanks!
  13. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

The intros were originally produced for the Oddessy Network (now Hallmark).
  14. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

You know, Netflix just struck a deal with Disney too, to stream some library catalog titles including the Muppet Movie...would be nice if they included the Muppet Show with the last two seasons as part of this deal! They've done it with other TV series that never got finished being released on DVD so far including Family Ties (which now that I've seen the last two I can understand why-they were god awful.)
  15. matleo

matleo Active Member

It'll be 5 years next May since they released Season 3.
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You lose all track of time waiting for something we needn't have waited this long for.

It's more like 3-4 years since the announcement of the video coming out the next year, now that I think about it.
  17. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

So who sends the petition. I'm still trying to figure out how petitions work myself. :)
  18. David French

David French Member

You're missing the point; unnamed reliable sources are usually unreliable sources. ISTR a few years back there as a blog post that used the "reliable source" phrase concerning the release of TMS Season Four.

I put "reliable sources" in the same category as "source close to the star" - and we all know how "reliable" those sources are.
  19. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

I really want to see Seasons 4 and 5 of "The Muppet Show" released soon. Maybe they will come out with the release of "The Muppets" sequel. I hope so anyway. I will just have to wait and see.:)
  20. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

I hope Ryan's source was actually someone from The Muppets Studio, whether it be Ms. Brier or someone else.

It would've been nice if Ryan would reveal his source, but I can see how his source might've told him to keep quiet about it.