TMS Series Finale

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Actually, that was in the "Secrets of The Muppets" special, where they pull back the camera to reveal the puppeteers. The special was hosted by Jim Henson, and I think it was an introduction of sorts to the JHH.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That episode of the JHH was called "Secrets of the Muppets" and I have/had it on tape somewhere!

I would have figured for a sentimental end of TMS a good idea could have been to have everyone leaving out the backstage door into the alley, Kermit saying good-bye to everyone as they leave, "See you tomorrow, Beau. Later, Fozzie."

Then, Miss Piggy comes up, "Kermie, dear. Let's not be late for our dinner date!"

"Oh, Piggy! It's only supper!"

"Whatever, dear; let's go! I'm hungry!!"

She leaves out the door and Kermit turns, looks around the backstage, sighs, looks over and flips the switch and the lights go off.

His silhouette is against the light in the alley as he exits and the door shuts. Black screen.

Or to keep it light:
After black screen, we hear little feet on the floor and the light comes on, there's several rats around.

"Are they gone?"
"Yes."
"Well, when the cat's away...!"

Confetti flies around and music begins and they begin partying and laughing.

Fade.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
Actually, that was in the "Secrets of The Muppets" special, where they pull back the camera to reveal the puppeteers. The special was hosted by Jim Henson, and I think it was an introduction of sorts to the JHH.
That was also done in the Muppet Show pilot: Sex and Violence. They pull back at the end to show all the Muppeteers running around trying to catch up with each other, just going insane, basically.

To quote Dr. Strangepork: "That's pitchy neat!"

GPrime1

Reaction score
Sounds like the series finale of Cheers!! But seriously, I think that the reason no kind of "curtain call" per se was ever done was for the very reason that the Muppets weren't "retiring", they were still going on to work on other projects. I think the creators wanted to continue the image of the Muppets being "real" beings interacting in a real world rather than just puppets. I mean, all you have to look at are the very distinct personalities that the characters have, the performances of the puppeteers really bring them alive. There's also the impression from the TVMMCM that the Muppets are still active in the theatre as time has passed from JP owning it to the new owner. So it could be said they never really "left" but just got involved in other projects as well on the way...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well said, Gprime. That's sort of what I was saying in my previous post, but I like how you reworded it. :cool:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
kermit could have told the audience goodnight and then have all the muppets come out or like what someone said earlier, have the muppets exit the theater, with kermit and maybe rowlf look around for a second and turn off the lights and leave.

ryan

WiGgY

Reaction score
I didn't consider that it wasn't an end to the muppets when the show ended. That makes sense. Plus, if they all left to theater and said good bye, we wouldn't have AVMMC. I like the end of the world bit now that I know it was the last show. Too bad JHH isn't on anymore. I really liked what I remeber seeing of it and when JHH took over the Cosby Show it was funny too.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i wish i could watch the jim henson hour....dang it

ryan

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I have to agree with you there. JHH aired when I was fairly young and still afraid of the Muppets. I remember seeing parts of it, but I don't remember it as well as I remember Muppets Tonight!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
DaffyFan,

I don't suppose you posted anything in the "What Muppet Scared You" thread then, huh?

F:wink:Z