TMS Series Finale

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah. I do remember posting on that thread about being afraid of Animal.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

They done a neat ending of the Muppets leaving the Theatre in The Muppets Go To The Movies.

See ya

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't recall that I have ever seen The Muppets go to the Movies. What'd they do?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Originally posted by Warrick
They done a neat ending of the Muppets leaving the Theatre in The Muppets Go To The Movies.

See ya
were all of the muppets on there, or was it just a select few?..

ryan

Joggy

Reaction score
In "The Muppets Go To The Movies", all the Muppets from the movie parodies sing "We'll Meet Again." The song ends with some of the main characters on the stage, then the camera pulls back until we're looking at the outside of the Muppet theatre!

Then some of the cast (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Floyd and Janice) leave the theatre and Kermit locks up - not knowing that he locked in his guest stars.

Does sound like a cool TMS ending, huh?

I always thought the Hal Linden episode would be a nice closer too, when Statler and Waldorf finally realise how hard it is putting on a Muppet Show, and they tell Kermit they'll never heckle again.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty cool ending. Did the exterior of TMS Theater look the same in that as it did in VMC?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Sounds cool. Was that special done before or after the muppet show was over? If I remeber correctly I saw a Wizard of Oz thing on a Muppet sing along tape and Piggy looked like the newer puppet so I'm thinking it was done after the Muppet show ended.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy

I always thought the Hal Linden episode would be a nice closer too, when Statler and Waldorf finally realise how hard it is putting on a Muppet Show, and they tell Kermit they'll never heckle again.
Actually, according to the book, Of Muppets and Men, that was the last episode. That's also according to the book Jim Henson: The Works. :sleep: :boo:

Ooooooooh! Now I gotta see that TV special!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Super Scooter: I thought Hal Linden was the last episode for years, too, because of Chris Finch's books. In actuality, the Hal Linden episode is neither the last aired (Melissa Manchester, according to some sites), nor the last filmed (Gene Kelly), nor the last in production number (Roger Moore). I don't know where Finch came up with his order from. Since the show was syndicated, the shows aired in a different order depending on where you lived. D.W. once said that the Hal Linden episode *was* the last one to air in the area where he grew up. It definitely would have made a nice finale, but the Gene Kelly ep (where the plot revolves around Beau thinking that "the end is near") is pretty cool too.

Wiggy: The episode was done immediately after the filming of TMS. It aired on ABC in May 1981 while some episodes of TMS were still airing for the first time in syndication. It was a promotion for The Great Muppet Caper; clips from Caper are shown throughout. So you're right about the Piggy puppet. (Actually, they may have filmed the final episode, then TMS, then Muppets Go to the Movies. My point was, the special wasn't during the series, or several years later, but immediately after.) Since that was their final production with the Muppets for a while, I think it's cool that they ended it with Kermit and co. locking up the theater, etc.

Foz: The theater in VMC looked very similar from the outside, but not exactly the same -- just like the interior.