To the long time posters...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
i'm definitely not one of the long time posters. i actually havent even been here a year yet. some of the people i see posts from, i've never even seen recently.

i honestly dont feel a bond/friendship with anyone on MC. i dont mean that offensively to anyone, but i dont. i kind of feel like the baby of the MC.

i dont know what drama went down, but it's the internet. i rully dont undertsand why people left. well maybe i do, because if it was me, i probably would've left. what happened anyway?
If it makes you feel any better, I've been here for 5 years and I still feel like the "baby." I guess in some forums, you never really get that "fitting in" feeling :frown:

Yeah, I went missing for a few years, so I have no idea what happened to the older posters.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I don't post that much right now, but that changes when more Muppety stuff happens. Tough Pigs is a fantastic and helpful resource and they do a great job over there. MC is a fun place to chat with fans and be silly. I used to hold these "older" members up on a pedestal when I first joined and considered them mini-celebrities, but then I got to develop friendships with some of them and learned they're just cool people like a lot of other people here that aren't so old.

If you're new to MC, it is one of the most inviting and non-intimidating forums to join, so please stick around and have a muffin! :insatiable:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I've been here since 2004, and here's what I've found: We're all like family here, but it isn't always gonna be like *POOF* you don't feel new anymore. It's up to you to take the time, get to know people, and build relationships around here, because we can be friendlier than a starfish on a sunny day, but we can't make you jump in and get to know people. I was here for *ages* before I started really getting to know anybody, because I looked at this place as a bunch of strangers I didn't know and was only interested in conversations I wanted to input on. But know that we are *ALWAYS* happy to see you and welcome y'all to our family with open arms. We don't want to make you feel like the baby or like you don't fit in, because hey, we're all Henson fans, right?

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm still here - but forums are low on my priority list given all the other life stuff i'm dealing with these days - way behind on threads but i'll post when i have something to say or contribute.

Am still on my webtv (ah - the life of the forever empoverished!) haven't been able to access the toughpigs forum for a couple years due to delphi/webtv issues...but when i was on last it seemed more and more like the place was actually getting a little too elitist and mean. I don't want little observation to balloon into some big war cause truth be told both forums have their own strengths, faults, and flat out weaknesses, but i'm just saying as much as i would hope things have improved there, i know after a good decade and a half on the net that typically as far as forums go, a downward slide usually doesn't correct itself unless the leaders really step up so chances are i'm not missing much. I still totally support and love the main site though. I'd catch up on it every now and then when i'm at the library if i really wanted to but my library time is usually when i'm looking at all the videos on youtube muppets.com, sesamestreet.org etc. - and i only have an hour each time i visit so i've pretty much just let that go.

I hope i can be more active here later on - but right now other things must come first (such as basic survival etc)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After going through this thread, I have one question to ask...

In addition to That... uh... that... person... that Beau said the same pre-recorded "anyway" twice about before... anyway, where is HeraLirambar, anyway?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Beakerfan said:
I've been here since 2004, and here's what I've found: We're all like family here, but it isn't always gonna be like *POOF* you don't feel new anymore. It's up to you to take the time, get to know people, and build relationships around here, because we can be friendlier than a starfish on a sunny day, but we can't make you jump in and get to know people. I was here for *ages* before I started really getting to know anybody, because I looked at this place as a bunch of strangers I didn't know and was only interested in conversations I wanted to input on. But know that we are *ALWAYS* happy to see you and welcome y'all to our family with open arms. We don't want to make you feel like the baby or like you don't fit in, because hey, we're all Henson fans, right?
I was being facetious. Besides, Baby Sinclair, who I quoted, wasn't solitary and helpless, either. :stick_out_tongue:

It's taken awhile to get to know people (I'm still working on that, anyway). Some people I felt really cool with no longer post. That's life I guess. I only really feel bad about it when I'm hormonal because if it weren't for forums, my social life would be near non-existent. :big_grin:

I left pokemon fandoms mostly, only posting in debate boards on them, simply because it stopped meaning things to me and people I really admired left to do other things.

I try to have passion for the Muppets, and this site helped re-ignite a waning love for all things Henson. I don't know about most of the drama I've seen implied about on this thread and elsewhere, but I've seen my fair share. I guess drama can't be avoided, but it hurts when the good ones leave due to drama because all that leaves are the drama-morons and the ones either strong enough to stick with it or too weak to complain. The best solution I've learned is to ignore the drama queen and eventually, when they realize they can't get the attention they crave, they leave.

I feel like the "weirdo" sometimes, not necessarily the baby. It's more like sometimes I feel like Pumbaa -- step within smell range and whoosh watch people flee. :stick_out_tongue: I don't always feel that way, but sometimes I get the inclination. I'm a rather open person -- if I have a bad problem with you (not technically the poster I quoted, but the general "you"), I'll tell you. I've rescued at least two friendships that way. I prefer people do that with me. I can't learn what I do wrong if I'm just avoided. I have a very vivid imagination: if I don't get word about feelings, I assume a lot. No flame is worse than silence, at least for me (of course, maybe that's how hurtful some people like to be).

Anyway, I tend to take short breaks when I'm not in the mood to post. Also, eventually, hopefully, I'll be a nurse and I won't be as glued to my laptop as I am now LOL.

One thing that has always impressed me, though, is that this DOES feel like a community. Sometimes it feels like a community of isolated individuals, but on the whole, I see a shared passion that is hard to get elsewhere. On the pokemon forums I'm on, there will be the people who come on just to troll and say how pokemon sucks -- even on the debate boards which aren't about the franchise at all. I typically just hang around the Henson boards, the Dorms, and the fanfic board, but I don't really see a lot of hate here.

That's why I stay (or come back, if I'm taking a break).

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well said Kelly!
:smile:
As for me, I do like to think of us as a sort of family. Being such, we will have our fights, our disagreements, and personal differences, but I feel we've well-earned the reputation as one of the friendliest places on the web!
:big_grin: I don't get mushy often in my posts here, but MC and the people on it really do mean a great deal to me! Though drama does upset me when I see it, and like Kelly I have taken some brief brakes, usually because I feel the lasting effects of it, I can never stay away for too long, and I hope I never will.
As for the Tough Pigs/MC situation, maybe it was different several years ago, before I joined, but as I'm not quite from that generation of MC, it doesn't mean as much to me. Yes, I do notice something of a rivalry, but to me it seems more like a semi-friendly, slightly tense rivalry than a fight. A very little bit like a soccer game in Brazil...

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hey all,
Yeah..I know I should've been around longer.But the thing called Offline Life got in the way & I didn't feel much like posting.
I explained to a couple of people that as far as the Dorms went,I didn't feel very Prairie Dawn/Rosita like. So I just lurked (and still am,sorta) I've been posting every so often.

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
I've been on a hiatus myself too, not for a particular reason but it's nice to be back!