To the long time posters...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Awww... all this talk about family makes me wish we could all sit around the fireplace and sing "Old Friends, New Friends" :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I personally have always felt like an outsider who never fits in. Usually marching the the beat of his own drum and doing his own thing. friends are very hard to come by and very few, far and in between are real, true, honest friends. So I feel extremely lucky to have been able to make and to meet a few people here who I can call true, honest, meaningful friends. But i don't name off because I don't want to sound like I'm being snobby. I've learned that you just have to keep going anyway, friends or no. You make some, you lose some. life goes on. If you find something you like, stick with it. That's my one and maybe a half cents worth...

Just don't end up like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w536Alnon24

beaker

Reaction score
I try to have passion for the Muppets, and this site helped re-ignite a waning love for all things Henson. I don't know about most of the drama I've seen implied about on this thread and elsewhere, but I've seen my fair share. I guess drama can't be avoided, but it hurts when the good ones leave due to drama because all that leaves are the drama-morons and the ones either strong enough to stick with it or too weak to complain. The best solution I've learned is to ignore the drama queen and eventually, when they realize they can't get the attention they crave, they leave.
Im just glad to see this site still going. Ive always felt true Muppet fandom was extremely underground, especially compared to LOTR/Harry Potter/Star Trek/Disneyana/Anime/Star Wars/Whedon fan communities online. And Muppets have been around 55 years and have a gillion brands, as well as Sesame Street seen on most the continents. Yet us actual hardcore fans online? Few and far between. Hey, its like a secret little club house:smile:

Sadly in the 11 years Ive been on Muppet Central I havent really made any friends. I finally met Frogboy in person not long ago which rocked, and met a few people from here at Muppetfest 2001. I think Luke and 'Dr Tooth' are the only ones on here I privately email with.

Shoot, I feel kind of silly using the handle 'Beaker' since my name is Cory(Beakers just always been my fave, and it was a mad rush to nab all the big names when this incarnation of the forum opened in april 2002)

Anyways, glad youve stuck around and have had your muppet passion reignited...as well as met some cool peoples!

I'm still here - but forums are low on my priority list given all the other life stuff i'm dealing with these days - way behind on threads but i'll post when i have something to say or contribute.

Am still on my webtv (ah - the life of the forever empoverished!) haven't been able to access the toughpigs forum for a couple years due to delphi/webtv issues...but when i was on last it seemed more and more like the place was actually getting a little too elitist and mean. I don't want little observation to balloon into some big war cause truth be told both forums have their own strengths, faults, and flat out weaknesses, but i'm just saying as much as i would hope things have improved there, i know after a good decade and a half on the net that typically as far as forums go, a downward slide usually doesn't correct itself unless the leaders really step up so chances are i'm not missing much. I still totally support and love the main site though. I'd catch up on it every now and then when i'm at the library if i really wanted to but my library time is usually when i'm looking at all the videos on youtube muppets.com, sesamestreet.org etc. - and i only have an hour each time i visit so i've pretty much just let that go.

I hope i can be more active here later on - but right now other things must come first (such as basic survival etc)
Dang...web tv? Library computer time?
That takes me back to 1997/1998(when an hour here or two
at Sears Webtv or the local library computer was my only net access) Well glad to see you still on here!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Sadly in the 11 years Ive been on Muppet Central I havent really made any friends. I finally met Frogboy in person not long ago which rocked, and met a few people from here at Muppetfest 2001. I think Luke and 'Dr Tooth' are the only ones on here I privately email with.
Awww. You can be my friend. :big_grin:

That goes for anyone else. Just drop me a line!